What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noctigon KR4

This is a tailcap e-switch light similar to the FW3A, but larger. It also has some nice features:
(1) Quad emitter
(2) Available with 18650 and 18350 tubes
(3) 5 amp constant-current driver with FET turbo
(4) Anduril firmware
(5) Multi-colored bezel aux LEDs
(6) Slightly larger than an Emisar D4v2 and has better thermal characteristics. It can sustain high output longer than the D4V2.
(7) Internal construction addresses some of the concerns with the FW3A.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Looks like a nice light and am waiting to see a review on it. Just decided on getting a D4v2 and then they release this.....now what do I get [emoji23]

Bogie

Enlightened
Picked up some Inova lights off Craiglist to use with our infection control training. A X1 & X5 UV and a X1 blue the system uses a hand dye to train handwashing and a powder in a hackysack for showing on protective equipment

Jeep guy

Newly Enlightened
Today I purchased the Ryobi P790 project work light. It puts out 900 lumens and it runs on the Ryobi 18v batteries. The light panel on it twists at different angles which makes it very handy when doing various projects or working on cars.

ryobi-clamp-on-hand-helds-stand-up-p790-64_1000.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just received a Tiki LE from Nitecore today. Why? Hadn't bought a light in a long, long time since I hardly need any more small pocket lights after hanging around here for so long. I guess I'm a little stir crazy (besides being a confirmed flashaholic). The Tiki did check a few boxes such as a reasonable low (1 lumen) as its first mode; decent runtime; tiny size; reasonable price; secondary red LED (I like that); great high level (will seldom use); and useful medium levels. I don't normally like rechargeable lights, but I've had good luck with a Nitecore Tube. Didn't really care about the blue LED or the flashy mode. I'm pleased with the tint. It seems pretty far from cool or bluish. If anything a little yellow. The UI works. Double click for low and press hold for high. I believe Tiki will be replacing the old Tube in the pocket.

Geoff

TheWayOfTheLight

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

New Guy here. I just got a CWF Pele Full Twist with the TRD coating today. It's used but doesn't show any signs of use. It is my 3rd light this month. I am learning quickly though. I bought the light because I liked the looks of it and wanted to try the Dragon Driver. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

The machining and special coating by Ti2 design are great. It should hold up well unlike my other 2 lights that are machine finished Ti. I tend to baby those. My other 2 lights are a used Overready Boss 35 and a new Lumintop FW3A. The Peles beam is nice although I have only evaluated it in a dark room. I'll take it into the field tonight. It's nice to also have 2 power settings of Amber light.

Im not crazy about the dragon driver UI. I have it set at 100, 15, primary Amber, secondary Amber. There is no easy/quick way to access strobe. It took me a while to program it. I am not tech savvy. The Boss 35s Lux programming was so easy compared to the dragon driver. It has spoiled me. I have the Boss set exactly how I like it.

I'm also not crazy about how recessed the taillight switch is on the Pele. Although it may help against accidental activation. Maybe I need longer fingers. Here again I prefer the Boss 35 placement and ergonomics. Those are my initial impressions. Overall the Boss is still the boss in my household.

steelonthefly

Newly Enlightened
A Fenix FD-30. My 3rd Fenix, very similar to my 1st two.

Love the 5 different brightness settings, PLUS Strobe!!

A light with JUST one intensity frustrates me now!!

Rechargeable is key for me these days in an effort to conserve resources and reduce waste/pollution.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the batteries Fenix is using, they have a built in micro-USB charger port, so you can charge a back up with a USB cable whilst still using the light!!

They still need to work out the "focus" or Flood/Spot aspect on this little guy. IMHO, it is a little underwhelming, but I recognize that the features otherwise are quite extraordinary!!

1936jdb

Newly Enlightened
Olight. I1r, bought 1 for myself, then one for most of my friends. I made some necklaces from micro Paracord, my wife and I wear them when camping. Great for the 1am dog trips..

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered two Imalent MS03vn's, because three of the four NSX53 that I ordered are not going to materialize. The MS03 looks like the most powerful single 21700 flashlight. It also has normal modes for normal runtime and normal heat generation.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Acebeam K75, for reaching out and touching like no other. And this week an Acebeam X45 XHP 70.2, to fill that itch I had for some massive flood after using the K75.

Using the X45 XHP 70.2 the other night was my first experience with having a flashlight convey the thoughts to me that "Oh $hit, I better be careful where I activate Turbo, this thing is going to have someone in the neighborhood call the cops! :D

cp2315

Enlightened
Acebeam E10.
it is a 26350 light with a unusual large optic. Tiny but very throwy.
UI seems acceptable for a single side button light.
ordered from illumn.

Optiblue

Newly Enlightened
Just recently picked up an Imalent LD10 and attached it to my Keychain. I won't bring my 11000 lumen flashlight out unless I'm camping, and won't carry my EDC unless I know I will use it. Often my cellphone light is enough for daily activities, but there are times I wish I had my EDC with me when I'm out slightly later and taking dark paths. A keychain light that has similar runtime and light output of most EDC and superior throw is a win in my books.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sofirn SP70. Not really sure why, doesn't really beat my ft03 that much in specs. Just kinda a sucker for the old school mag form factor... really need to stop this for a while.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore Piston Drive D10, so I can see what all the AA fuss is about.. modded to sw45k.
I like the full round body with no flats.. definite Old School Cool.

bicc71jl.jpg

Deadcell

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD36R.
I also went with Fenix for the supposedly better/quick warranty service up here in Canada.
I wanted throw and spill. Also wanted extended runtime over my other lights. Hopefully it shows up in the mail this week.