terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam X80
Nitecore TINI
Olight ION
o2juvouvkmlmvij6g.jpg

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Best, it's a tie. My brother got me a S1A for Christmas and the moonlight is half as bright as the other Batons I have. I'm not a Lumen chaser and that low of a mode is used more than anything else. The 5 lumen low, so much more useable than the 10-15 most lights have. Has a huge flood to it. Perfect every day use light. I might use it more (carry as well) than I think I will.

tied for best is a light and battery combo. Streamlight HL-X used with the Nitecore low temp performance battery. I've used it at -18F for long periods outside and it's no different than warm summer use. That combo destroys the rechargeables don't work Cold myth handily. I didn't take it out from a warm house to that cold. I let it sit for hours outside, that combo just works with below 0F use.

Favorite is the Nitecore MT40GT. Pretty handy not huge but not small with real good run time and lots of throw, even on the lower modes.

Coolest, S Mini Ti. Works good too.

nvanlaar

Newly Enlightened
Looking back to the past 12 months, what flashlight did you like the most?

Or even, what were your best flashlights of 2017?

Mine: BLF Q8
The BLF GT (just received today) is pretty dang awesome. Followed by the Q8 and Emisar D4.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Oveready WASP deserves more production, plain and simple. Hopefully the Team can make more in 2018. Since it is unavailable right now, it's just not right to go on about the pure pleasure it gives.

The Oveready BOSS 70 is THE most pleasing-to-hold flashlight. Such a pleasure to carry on a belt and such a useful tool.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a Surefire UM2 a couple of months back - what a fantastic addition to my collection that started oh so many years back (my U2 is still one of my all time favorites). Highly recommend for anyone that doesn't have one yet and is willing to spend some coin.

Cheers,
Tim

stans

Newly Enlightened
For me it has to be my BOSS 35+70 combo set. It is just a really cool setup and loads of fun to program, it's now my new work light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sigh. Hard to decide; it's a toss-up between my dual mode P1R Peacekeeper and my UM2...

Speaking of SureFire,
I've been enjoying an A2 beater (with a Tads 3012 bulb) and an E2D with Z68 and a 350mA Tana module in the last quarter of this year. Those and a 2C Kel-Lite with 18500 LifePo's and a 4 cell Mag bulb have been fun to have nearby.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlight I enjoyed the most in 2017 was the hi-CRI HDS clickie that I bought in 2010. It is still, after all this time, my favorite light. It's the only reason I keep RCR and CR123 batteries around, but I don't hold that against it.

However, since this thread is probably more interested in newer flashlights, the new flashlight I'm most excited about is the Eveready 1D that is currently selling for about $3 each just about everywhere. It's either the 3rd or 4th generation 1D flashlight from Eveready and this time they got it right. The beam is nice and useful (uses a reflector rather than an optic, thank god), the tint is acceptable, the switch works well and seems robust enough, and most importantly, I've been getting useful light (around 1L or so) out of batteries that are so dead that my battery tester won't recognize them anymore. I finally have a light that I can feed the half used C and D cells that seem to accumulate as well as the AA and AAA "heavy duty" batteries that come in TV remotes and such that I'm terrified to use in anything I actually care about.

Seriously, at $3 and capable of getting 100's of hours of useable light out of a D cell, I think the newest Eveready 1D is a real game changer when it comes to the lights we stash around the house and car in case of emergency. It also makes a great night light if you put a "dead" battery in it.

Honorable mention goes to the Manker E02 for being a relatively inexpensive but tremendously useful light. I've attached it to my cell phone holster so I always have a hands-free light source when I'm outside in the dark messing with my keys. It is my backup-backup-edc (I edc the HDS, my backup for it is a Rayus C01, and the Rayus' backup is the Manker). I've always had a weakness for angle head flashlights.

I'm looking forward to receiving a Malkoff MDC AA in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it'll make the list for 2018.

--flatline

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is the Emisar D4vn. Also like the D4 Nichia but definitely not as much overall (I prefer the punchiness of Vinh's version).

However, I also just bought a used X45vn and it will be my first light over ~6000 lumens. Quite a lot more in fact haha so I think it will be a good time.

I'm also happy with the BLF Q8 I was gifted recently. But overall I use the D4vn daily and it is plenty of light for not a ton of money. Just awesome all around for me.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only had it for a couple of weeks but...

The Zebralight SC600w MKIV Plus XHP50.2.

It's super small, 2300 lumens, crazy efficient and the huge hotspot and bright spill is great for an all around light. The new fully programmable UI is awesome too.

Last edited:

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dawg-gonnit flatline!! You pushed me over the edge....

Gotta score a 1D by golly. Ha!, that'll be my first of 018.

Fortunately, at $3 each, I probably didn't blow your 2018 budget.

I hope you are as impressed with it as I am.

--flatline

LGT

Enlightened
My ZL SC63w. If it's not in my pocket, it's within arms reach. It is absolutely my favorite EDC. Love the mostly used lows, and the ability to go to about 1000 lumens.

Taz80

Enlightened
Fenix FD65, beautiful flood, good beam at any position in the zoom, decent tint and up and down UI. Followed by the Fenix TK47UE, Comfortable to hold, is plenty bright enough to see what's around you, and has a tail light so you can be seen by cars and bikes coming up behind you.

Colinlim

Newly Enlightened
EDC light -Olight S10R Baton III
AA light - Lumintop 4D4A
Good flood light - Nitecore TM06s (Really good finishing quality) & Thrunite TN36 (Less lumens but able to use longer duration without burning your hand LOL.)

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
My flashlights are just like friends. You can have more than one best friend. My Toolvn rules my pocket and my tn40svn rules my shelf. I think my coolest light has to be the D4 as it is my show off light. Everyone in the family knows I love and collect flashlights so I have to bring something that I know will put them in awe.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got alot of favorites.. here are my top two.
blf q8. $40.. great UI. Nice tint.. It takes 4 unprotected button top. Saved me $ on 18650.
acebeam L16. I got it for $60 brand new.