What was your favorite/best flashlight of 2018

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't really have a favorite flashlight from this year. Most used and favorites have been the nitecore nu20 headlight, nitecore tip, and Klarus ST15 flashlight. My favorite that I actually purchased this year was the Luci Lux Pro lantern. Nice to have a warm white light that acts as a lightweight waterproof solar powered battery pack to charge my other lights in the field.

Taz80

Enlightened
My favorite big light is the Fenix FD65, For the good tint, up and down UI and Good flood in between and spot beams. Small light is the Olight S1 mini HCRI, Great size for clipping to a ball cap, good beam and the cri is good for working with colored wires. And my best looking light is the Olight I3T EOS copper, it's copper:twothumbs

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally dove into the world of HDS. Kept a rotary 4500k hicri and a clickie with an xpg pdt from Vinh after culling several led options. Love them both. Also got this beauty:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks chance! The beam is absolutely perfect as well. One of the best overall photon cannons I've owned. My driveway is about 70 yards long. On my right walking down is nothing but a creek about 20 feet down a hill and then wooded hillside up about 200 yards. I love taking this one with me and flashing the hillside at night as I get the mail. Of course I can't run it too long because it gets hot pretty quickly. It's amazing for sure.

lusan_senna

Newly Enlightened
D4S...:)

HALmFdf.jpg

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
Although I've had it since May 2017, it didn't see a lot of duty last year. But it was my main EDC for the bulk of this year, so I'll say my Malkoff MDC High Output...

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this thread is targeted at new lights first released in 2018, then I'd say the Sofirn C01. It's a big little light.

If I have more latitude to discuss my flashlight experiences this year, then I'd say that I discovered HDS in 2018. For me, it's been an EDC revolution.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D4 with quad 219CTs, cyan.

Then it might be a grey D1S with XP-L 1A.

For the money, I can't complain. I'd love an HDS if only to say I have one, but I have to go be poor somewhere else.

Chris

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most remarkable flashlight buy for me in 2018 (I think it was made in 2017) was something inexpensive.

i1r-6-twist_to_change_modes.jpg

Olight i1R EOS. This cost me $8.59 shipped.

The light can hide behind my pinky finger with no trouble, being 2/3rd the length and more narrow. It's absolutely astounding how much light this little thing puts out. Olight did a terrific job with the packaging, which includes a short micro USB flat cable with blue anodized metal fittings--yes, it is rechargeable.

It actually has decent throw, too. I really don't think you can create as useful and bright a light much smaller than this.

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
For me it's the Zebralight SC600w Mk IV Plus. Bought a few more lights aside from it but this is my number 1!!

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most remarkable flashlight buy for me in 2018 (I think it was made in 2017) was something inexpensive.

i1r-6-twist_to_change_modes.jpg

This cost me $8.59 shipped.

The light can hide behind my pinky finger with no trouble, being 2/3rd the length and more narrow. It's absolutely astounding how much light this little thing puts out. Olight did a terrific job with the packaging, which includes a short micro USB flat cable with blue anodized metal fittings--yes, it is rechargeable.

It actually has decent throw, too. I really don't think you can create as useful and bright a light much smaller than this.

What is it?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a SF Sidekick for $20! That is my favorite light for the year. A close second is all the other lights I bought.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a fair number of lights this year, but the one that gets the most has a E1 body from Lumens Factory, a VME head from Malkoff, and a M31LL 219B module from Ilum.com.

I call it "Stubby".

--flatline