what was your first led light

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
I was some Inova light that was on sale at Costco around 2007 or so. I seem to recall it needed 2 x CR123. And it was around 100 lumens or so. I think the tint was rather bluish/cool as well. I do remember that the width of the light was the same from head to tail.

Nicodimas

Newly Enlightened
Blackhawk gladius count..is that LED?

owned a surefire before that though.. early 2k for sure

anch

Newly Enlightened
I was some Inova light that was on sale at Costco around 2007 or so. I seem to recall it needed 2 x CR123. And it was around 100 lumens or so. I think the tint was rather bluish/cool as well. I do remember that the width of the light was the same from head to tail.

Mine also was a CMG infinity. I still have it with the original energizer Lithium battery it was offered with. It still works, and with the original battery it came with.

I've been gone from here a long time - probably 150 flashlights ago. I'm not sure I can afford to come back LOL!

anch

Newly Enlightened
I still have 3 Arc AAA, one in camo, a first gen Arc LS, and an Arc 4. And way too may other lights - or not enough!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I held out for a long while. I got my Thrunite Archer 1AV2 probably 5 years ago. It still works as new and I use it regularly. I still prefer it to most lights out there.

guerrero

Newly Enlightened
It was a 3D Rebel Maglite. We are having power cuts frequently so I bought it for emergency issues.

majid

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E1E with KL1 LED head mod in 2003, both ordered at the same time.

cp2315

Enlightened
A six 5mm-led light powered by 3AAAs. I got it during a factory tour at Miller's Milwaukee. That was 2007.
min 2008 I got myself a fenix ld20.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Same as cp2315, mine was one of those 3xAAA with a wall of 5mm diodes at the front. Mine was a no-name cheapo purchased from an open air market, even came with zinc-carbon AAAs.

The first one of actual renown was a Fenix E01. I still consider it a great start to flashaholism :laughing:

CSG

Newly Enlightened
It was either a few Fenix E01's or the very expensive Gladius Nighthawk which is still my bedside flashlight. I also recall converting all our incandescent Maglites to LED many years back (gave 'em new life, that's for certain).

mraymer

Newly Enlightened
My first was an HDS EDC B42XRGT, purchased around 2006. I saw it on a banner ad on some website, but had already clicked another link and when I went back, the ad had rotated to something else. Never could get that ad to come back up after refreshing multiple times. I didn't catch the name of the light, just caught a glimpse of it. Not knowing the brand/name, or that CPF or CPFM existed back then, I spent a ridiculous amount of time scrolling through eBay searching for "flashlight" until I found one that matched what I had saw in the ad. And yes, I still have it.

manticore

Newly Enlightened
My first was a chinese pos w/9 led's run by 3 AAA batteries. My first serious led flashlight is my 4sevens Quark AA, now discontinued. I love the moonlight setting of 0.2 lumens.

Chris

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Mine was (and still is) an Aukmont 1200lm cree weapon light with counter weights, and I also got my first green CR123a Laser sight at the same time.

arpanrooprail

Newly Enlightened
Mine:- Super Fulx LEDs. Loved that light, it used to emit maximum light with good resistance against movement.

My first was a Fenix P1. I bought it directly from David Chow at 4Sevens, sometime in 2005. I still have have it, although I've upgraded the emitter and circuit to produce about 250 lumens at 4500K (instead of the original 55 lumens at 6000K). The natural finish on this little gem still gets compliments.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
A LRI photon II in green. Was my only edc for many years and served very well. Eventually swapped the green led for a nichia gs which was plagued by less than 100% reliable contact. It's still somewhere in my various bins and boxes.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
L.R.I. Photon, white l.e.d. (around the year 2000). We've come a long way since then. First good flashlight was a Fenix P3D Q5 in 2007. First decent headlight was a Princeton Tec Quad (Nichia CS l.e.d. version) in 2006. Before 2006, you were, for the most part, better off with a compact florescent or incandescent maglite.

325addict

Enlightened
If you like the moonlight mode of 0.2 Lumens, we can shake hands! Do you know the Nitecore SRT7? Just Google the lowest light it can output... if I remember correctly, also 0.2 Lumens. Enough, but not too much, to read the time from your watch in a tent with fully dark-adapted eyes, WITHOUT having all kinds of stars in your eyes after shutting the light off!

My first was a chinese pos w/9 led's run by 3 AAA batteries. My first serious led flashlight is my 4sevens Quark AA, now discontinued. I love the moonlight setting of 0.2 lumens.

Chris