When did you order your HDS?

burntoshine

Enlightened
I waited for 391 days. Tie score! But my rotaries arrived this week. Hang in there...It was well worth the wait!

Image removed. This is a family forum.-Bill

278 days here. I really hope I don't reach 391 day of waiting. Way to hang in there.

Thanks! I doubt you'll get anywhere close to that. Apparently there was a "sweet spot" for the longest wait times, and I think I ordered right in the middle of it. When people that order 15 days after you get their lights and you are still waiting, it only helps to push your number higher. It takes a lot of awesome luck to win this game. Don't feel bad, 278 is still a somewhat respectable number.

I wrote in my post when I received my light on Feb. 4th that I ordered my HDS on Jan. 9th but it was actually a few days before then. Jan. 9 was when I received an email confirmation of my order but I waited about 390 days too.

I think people who have ordered more recently than thaugen or I have will receive their light in a shorter period of time. There seems to be quite of number of people how have received lights recently. Perhaps most of the parts problems that Henry has had have been resolved.

I agree. Not everyone will have waited the same. When it comes to the wait champion, there can be only one; unless there's a tie.

I think all of the parts problems have indeed been resolved. I called early last week and everything for my order was there, it just needed "calibration". That may take another year or so.

Day 396 for me. Gunning for 400! LET'S DO IT!

eala

lol. My thoughts exactly; 400, here we come. I was thinking I might be the one with the highest number, but you are clearly the champion. I nod my head to you in respect.

When calculating your number, don't forget that 2012 had 366 days in it (leap year). Make sure you count February 29th, 2012. Your number is important.

Last edited by a moderator:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
383 days for me....my wife thinks I'm nuts. Hang in there guys....it's worth the wait (at least it was for me).

morelightnow

Enlightened
There are some things in life that just fall into place perfectly. I received my custom clicky yesterday that I ordered on 2/4/2013. I was looking at Henry's website and I think it is actually updating correctly. Today, you cannot order the same custom light because it says the pink body is excluded from that emitter option. Also, the rest of the colors are now missing.

So the addiction begins with a pink model. Here it is stealing the spotlight from the rest of my lights.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just a matter of twisting off the tail cap on the Clickey to switch from a raised to flush what-u-mah-call-it button. But the tail cap on the Rotary is a whole different animal, since it has a extremely small peg in it to keep the tail cap in place. Well that's my thinking about it n' I'm sticking to it!
It's actually a thin metal ring. The small hole in the Rotary dial is used to insert the ring during assembly.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
8452747825_6183816b13_c.jpg
Those lights sure are purty fresh out of the package. You gotta knock 'em around a bit and give them some character!

Imon

Enlightened
Those lights sure are purty fresh out of the package. You gotta knock 'em around a bit and give them some character!

Here are some pictures of my old HDS 140 vs my newer HDS high CRI 120

CIMG0002_zpse762b7a4.jpg

eed054b2-2dd9-407b-af25-d8ea9bdf5fa0_zps651243da.jpg

BTW I think if you look closely the texturing on the old HDS is more pronounced than the new one.

Last edited:

ar_wanton

Newly Enlightened
Did you guys receive emails and tracking numbers when your lights shipped? Or did they just show up?

I ordered a Rotary about year ago and I am trying real hard not to bother Henry with another email.

Imon

Enlightened
Did you guys receive emails and tracking numbers when your lights shipped? Or did they just show up?

I ordered a Rotary about year ago and I am trying real hard not to bother Henry with another email.

They just show up. Henry doesn't send out shipment confirmation emails but he does track the packages.

It's just one of those things - you either accept it or you just do business with someone else. If this is your first HDS I'll doubt you'll be disappointed by the light itself but I understand that the ordeal you're going through to get the light is frustrating.

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the delivery policy can be a bit tricky but it is what it is. The main concern for me is having no idea when to expect the light and the possibility it shows up on my doorstep when I am out of town.

lyricist

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a Custom HCRI on the 7 of February 2012 from Henry, got it 3 days ago.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just show up. Henry doesn't send out shipment confirmation emails but he does track the packages.

It's just one of those things - you either accept it or you just do business with someone else. If this is your first HDS I'll doubt you'll be disappointed by the light itself but I understand that the ordeal you're going through to get the light is frustrating.

Is a signature needed when they show up? Wouldn't be too much fun if the light had to wait unattended on the porch...

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my warratny replacement rotary! WOOHOO! Sent my Twisty in in early april, and the rotary is fantastic. Really love it, and really can't wait for the clip. The rotary, the new Overready M2-XML2, plus a AAA backup light, I think I've found my every-night cargo-pant flashlight setup for a while!