When did you order your HDS?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol ... I guess it was more of a speculation that Henry filled a contact a whiles back, after which I didn't see a solid movement of lights. However, after reading that post, I "thought" we would start seeing, as mentioned solid movement e.g. orders filled and AD's showing stock.

doctordun

Enlightened
Ever since I learned about HDS, I've wanted a Rotary. It's just discouraging when confronted with the product delivery issues.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since I learned about HDS, I've wanted a Rotary. It's just discouraging when confronted with the product delivery issues.

This is one reason why I really hope Henry can get a grasps on the problem/s that's keeping him for producing his lights.

Last edited:

dbwebbsr

Newly Enlightened
EDC Custom Clicky 200

ordered 25 April 2012
received 06 July 2013

& I'm in Bagram - can't even play with it for another 89 days!

doctordun

Enlightened
EDC Custom Clicky 200

ordered 25 April 2012
received 06 July 2013

And I thought I was the most unlucky person in the world!

Thank you for your service.......I'm a Viet Nam vet myself.

gteague

Newly Enlightened
EDC Custom Clicky 200

ordered 25 April 2012
received 06 July 2013

well, i'm about 7 months behind you in line i guess, having ordered the same model on 12 nov 2012. i keep telling myself at least i didn't go for the rotary. hopefully folks will start getting those in and we'll hear the reviews although i'm not interested unless it can be fully manipulated with one hand.

thanks for the report. nam-era vet here as well although thankfully i was never in-situ.

/guy

Rick D

Newly Enlightened
EDC Rotary 200

ordered: 16 APR 2012
shipped: 06 JUL 2013

Actually, I'm OK with that.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC Rotary 200

I have a trip coming up in a week which I would have loved to have my Rotary for but being I've only been waiting 10 months I'm 99% sure that won't be happening.

dillyspam

Newly Enlightened
for everyone watching this thread....good news....everyone just moved up a place in line.

8-10 weeks does not equal 16 months
1 week does not equal 1 month

done...bye

franzdom

Enlightened
I wonder why Henry keeps telling people it's 10 weeks for new custom rotary orders...

Rick D

Newly Enlightened
EDC Rotary 200

Whoops! Just looked at the box and saw that it was actually posted 02 JUL 2013. So 4 days credit there.

I would also like to point out that when I ordered I told Henry (in the special instructions part of the order form) that I knew he was under the gun in terms of production and I didn't care how long it took to receive the light as long as it was up to his high standards. And I meant it. My only concern over the course of the 15 months was that he may have sent the light and it got lost in the mail. Nevertheless, I only contacted him once about 6 months ago just to make sure I was still on his radar. And like folks say, when the flashlight did arrive it was a great surprise.

Some manufacturers of custom gear provide the customer with an order identifier and then post the order queue on their website. While it may not provide anticipated or actual build dates, it shows the customer status. Not a bad way of doing business and something HDS may want to consider.

And Benchiew... I would post a pic, but it's your basic rotary with a black bezel.

Last edited:

franzdom

Enlightened
I am surprised by 2 turns of events tonight, that Oveready had a few in stock, and that the HDSSYSTEMS website is down. Coincidence?