Where are the 2AA lights?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I think i need a nitecore mt22a. Thats a 2xaa form factor i never have playd with.
What I would like is one short tube with batteries in line. Like taking a pipe.and making a clicky flashlight out of it. No flares.the end nor indentations in the middle and preferably with a deep pocket clip. The Malkoff is the right shape but way too long and the head is a little wider than the body. The quark head was the same width as the body & pretty short for 2 x AA. With a 4sevens deep pocket clip it was the perfect size and form but only had a lousy greenish xpg led. Now put an XP-L in it with the right driver and it would be perfect. I don't want a modded Quark. I'm just describing what I am looking for. I'd go for the Malkoff but it is too long and way too expensive for me.

The Archer 2A is nice and inexpensive but it is weird and busy looking with the clip half way down a thing with round parts and indented parts etc. It's long and odd looking. Probably my best bet but sooo ugly.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
What I would like is one short tube with batteries in line. Like taking a pipe.and making a clicky flashlight out of it. No flares.the end nor indentations in the middle ....

Peak used to do a 2xAA torch like this .... Haven't seen one in a while now, though.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The Olight 2A baton looks like the closest to what I want. It does have a flared head but you can't have everything.

Archimedes, Please Tell us about your custom 2 x AA

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I've been noticing lately that the more recent lights are either using lithium batteries, or are using only 1 AA or 1AAA battery if using conventional batteries. It used to be that 2AA lights were popular, but the newer ones don't seem to be of this configuration. Any ideas why? It's nice when a 1 AA light comes along that can put out 150 lumens, but it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to extend the body of the flashlight just a little bit to include a second battery, and then the performance would be doubled.

I'm very pleased with and recommend Eagtac's D25A2, check it out if you want.

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
My thoughts have already been said.
If I can accommodate the size I'd rather have an 18650 for runtime or output.
If I need smaller size I will use 1xaa and I can put another battery in a different pocket for comparable runtime. More convenient.
I also tend to tail stand my lights a lot and 2xaa usually don't do as well as others.
The other alternatives just work better for my uses.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Archimedes, Please Tell us about your custom 2 x AA

Sure, that is a bead-blasted TranquillityBase 2xAA host with a McGizmo Makai bezel.

I can't remember the exact light engine and emitter offhand, but I think it is a 1-speed 3V datiLED custom pill in an Aleph can ....

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 200, 50 and 15? That's what the Zanflare F2 has and it's now on sale at Gearbest for $12.99 instead of the regular $19.99. I'm about to buy one right now!

Not sure which version. One says 6,000 to 6500k and another version says 4500 to 5000k. Which one should I get? Truth be told, this will be my first flashlight bought online. All others have been bought in stores.

That seems pretty good actually. The low should be 1-5lm in my opinion, though. Regarding tint it's a very personal question. I always prefer neutral white when it's an option.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should take a better picture sometime, but this is one of my favorite 2x AA custom torches ...

cUMGoNn.jpg

That is a bead-blasted Tranquility Base 2xAA host with a McGizmo Makai bezel.
I can't remember the exact light engine and emitter offhand, but I think it is a 1-speed 3V datiLED custom pill in an Aleph can
Very cool! I am also digging the classical architecture design to it. More photos when you get the chance, as well as a peek at the internals would be terrific! :thumbsup: (of course, a teaser for most everyone as putting one of these together would be impossible or prohibitively expensive).

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm underwhelmed by my Olight 2A Baton. I prefer a reflector.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff MDC 2AA is an awesome flashlight that you could pass down to your grandkids. Steel bezel with 4000k neutral LED is the way to go in my book.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Very cool! I am also digging the classical architecture design to it. More photos when you get the chance, as well as a peek at the internals would be terrific! [emoji106] (of course, a teaser for most everyone as putting one of these together would be impossible or prohibitively expensive).

Thank you ...

gkGUiao.jpg