Where did all the oldtimers go.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I "qualify" as an old timer...it seems that my number got bumped "up" to 217. IIRC, when I started out I was something like #601. I remember those days, when we envied members with two digit member numbers (11-99), and the holy grail was to be from 1-10 (although I don't think #1 was "available").

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neighbor of the Beast.

/joke

You know what's scary. In 2024, I will have been on the forum for 20 (twenty) years. That's just not just "long". That's a whole generation.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neighbor of the Beast.

/joke

Woe to you, oh lawn and shrubs, for the devil sends his weeds with wrath, because he knows your grass is short.

Let him who hath understanding reckon the neighbor of the beast, for it is a tolerant number.

It's number is Six Hundred and Sixty Seven.

:devil:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very similar to the way you see if a user is online. You just look in a different spot.
Mouseover, information pops up. I think bottom left. The number next to the username is the member number.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I "qualify" as an old timer...it seems that my number got bumped "up" to 217. IIRC, when I started out I was something like #601. I remember those days, when we envied members with two digit member numbers (11-99), and the holy grail was to be from 1-10 (although I don't think #1 was "available").

I think 1 was reserved by the system itself. So there was no number one unless you count the software. #2 I'm almost certain was David himself. I don't remember the other 8. Perhaps size15l and Curt (I don't remember his screen name) were among them.

Perhaps instead of referring to them as Old-timers, we should convey a moniker such as Well Seasoned Alumni. Yeah! That's the ticket.

I've never been able to see my number. Hovered my curser over my username to no avail. :shakehead Just wondering if it's something cool, 47777's

~ Chance

BVH

Flashaholic
Perhaps instead of referring to them as Old-timers, we should convey a moniker such as Well Seasoned Alumni. Yeah! That's the ticket.

I've never been able to see my number. Hovered my curser over my username to no avail. :shakehead Just wondering if it's something cool, 47777's

~ Chance

Right-click over your user and choose "Inspect Element"
Above the blue highlighted line find - href=member.php? your member number appears after the ?

Last edited: