Where did all the oldtimers go.

cy

Flashaholic
yup .. back then I'd think nothing of spending $500+ for a nice flashlight .. then do it again the following week.
then I'd be selling off flashlights to buy more flashlights ... it was an endless cycle ...

still got enough Arc flashlight parts to make up hundreds of flashlights :eek:

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
yup .. back then I'd think nothing of spending $500+ for a nice flashlight .. then do it again the following week.
then I'd be selling off flashlights to buy more flashlights ... it was an endless cycle ...

still got enough Arc flashlight parts to make up hundreds of flashlights :eek:

Whenever I see your sigline I always think I need to get some parts and assemble me a nice little Arc light or two to go with my old Arc AAA from when I first joined in 2007.. then I realize I don't know anything about the old Arc lights and don't even know what goes together, haha. :ohgeez:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still lurking...still trying to figure out an EDC. I have been using a 110 lumen Surefire E1B for the past few years...still keep my photons intl cr2 ion my keychain...a far cry from my surefire e2e and arc aaa days.

mesa232323

Enlightened
When I was initially going to reply to this thread I noticed it was started 3 year prior to me signing up. That makes me a noob.

Here's the punchline. All the old timers burnt out with all their incandescent bulbs. Clap clap cricket cricket

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
When I was initially going to reply to this thread I noticed it was started 3 year prior to me signing up. That makes me a noob.

Here's the punchline. All the old timers burnt out with all their incandescent bulbs. Clap clap cricket cricket
Not quite... it was LEDs that got me to join this forum in the first place, and I'm still here.

It was a funny joke, though. :D

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
How do you guys figure out your member number?

Don't know if I count as an old timer, but I've been registered for almost eight years. Took a few years off but have gotten back into it. When I left there weren't the choices there are now. The flashlight industry has exploded over the last few years.

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm off and on like many others here. Still love lights but only buy three or four a year now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't call myself an old timer.. but I did take a massive leave of absence. Here in the past week I've had a rekindling and now wish things around here were as chaotic as they were say 2 years ago.

I'm just glad the forum and passion is still being driven by new members who have an eagerness to learn and discuss this hobby.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see you back, Search. :wave:
Don't worry, we'll get there at some point. ;)

Hey I'm all in :)

I just ordered three new lights and am trying to score a few more on Ebay right now.. I'll have plenty to talk about shortly lol

BVH

Flashaholic
Mr ted bear stops in now and then but not much posting. Havent seen PK in ages nor Darrell. To me, members from 2003 and back qualify as old timers. That's somewhere around the famous Red Shoes Affair.

Last edited:

Paul_DW

Enlightened
When I look out on CPF,

I see a sea of people who have been out here less than a year. It is good to have those people but I only seem to see a few posters that go back further than that. We seem to be missing many active people from the first couple of years of CPF. Where did everyone go? I miss many of the oldtimers.
I've just joined back up after buying a few eBay special LED flashlights.

I remember Jim Sexton of Tigerlight fame, and Bill Waites of USL fame.

I was a London Cabbie then and used to put up heaps of London landmarks lit up with my USL, them were the days as I ran out of dosh here a while back and had to sell half of my flashlights ... :(

Anyway, back on the scene and looking forward to doing the same with my Ultrafire 13800 eBay special for $79 delivered!

nbp

Flashaholic
Darrell still watches on I believe but rarely posts. Every so often he does though.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Momentarily resurfacing to trim a few lights from the collection. I prefer to think of it as releasing them to homes where they will be loved and used more, instead of sitting in a box in a shelf somewhere.... :)

Has it really been nine years of this addiction? I just bought a PD32 UE with 760 lumens OTF at max blast. And yet to think; there was a time when 76 lumens was enough to maim for. 60 lumens used to be 'tactical level light' in the words of one famous manufacturer...

My join date says June 2004. It's June 2013 now (last I checked)

We have seen an entire generation of lights grow up - and pass away. The ROP made history. The ROP *is* history now. I just sold mine and all its spares! Sorry to say the PD32 is now taking over that job in a pocketable, variable-power, single-18650 powered formfactor..

Last edited: