Which model did you buy several times and why?

markr6

Flashaholic
Solarforce, lots of them.
L2, L2M, L2N, L2P, L2T, Extension tubes, lantern kit, heads, bezels, lenses, tail switches, drop-ins, pocket clips, lanyard rings. Enough for about 10 torches.
I've not found anything as adaptable and usable at low cost and as high a quality.

Can you tell me which of those L_ models is your favorite, and why? Thanks

8steve88

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell me which of those L_ models is your favorite, and why? Thanks

I bought the some of these lights multiple times because some of the deals on the Solarforce-Sales H.K. website have some excellent prices if you want to collect together a lot of parts cheaply.

They all have something different about them, I've mixed and matched them so much it's hard to remember what "stock" was light, I can always refer back to the Solarforce H.K. website though.

The L2M has a split body so you can use it with CR123 or RCR123 single cells for a shorty, $10.99 at the moment, add a drop-in and battery to suit and away you go.
The L2P has a HA111 coating - $18.99, I bought the version with two extension tubes for $25.50 I got the black but blue, gold and grey are available.
The L2T has a squared off body and a rubber ring so you can "cigar grip" and operate the tail switch, it also acts as an anti roll device. There is a stainless steel version of this one, looks a bit odd with the rubber ring but that's removable. $49.95, a bit steep but it does look good.
The L2N has a round body with finger grooves cut into it, three on each side, comfortable to hold.
The L2 is I suppose the "base" model but is a good torch anyway.

I like the L2M, I don't need the HA111, I don't mind the used look, they are tools after all and the L2m is very adaptable - from 1x123A 3v primary to the way I've got it at the moment - 6x123A primary 3v to give 18v for a Kaidomain 365nm UV 3-18v drop-in. I think that's the one I'd keep out of them all.

I've changed the heads/bezels and tail switches on most of mine and I've a lot of drop-ins to choose from, the A001 head is a good looking head but it's disappeared from the Solarforce website it is still available. The other great addition is couple of these Titanium Lanyard 'n' Grip Rings.
I think part of the reason that I like them so much is that you can buy so much to customize them to your own taste and needs, 3v or 6v with primary cells or as many 18650's as your drop-in can handle.

I've got the 18v UV torch and next to it is a single mode XML-2 U2 980 Lumens (yeah right, but bright) in a stock L2N.
"LEGO" Lights, Great fun and seriously useful.

wjv

Enlightened
Not yet, but another Fenix LD10 is on my list.

It is my favorite EDC but they are discontinued :(

So I need to buy one while it is still available.

==

My EagleTac D25A will arrive today or tomorrow. Depending on how it compares to the LD10 will determine if I get another LD10 or not. The D25A I ordered has a NW emitter.

==

Got the EagleTac. Nice light but it is more floody than the LD10, and the NW beam is more like a High CR beam. Brownish tint. Not like my L3 - L10 or mt PD32UE which are both NW also.

Last edited:

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
I've got three foursevens quark 123x2, althought each are a little different. Two tactical, one regular. One neutral tint, two cool.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure the LD10/20 have been discontinued? I saw Fenix still listed
on their website. Anyway, there are still lots pg them around so I might get some backups soon..
Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

creyc

Enlightened
Are you sure the LD10/20 have been discontinued? I saw Fenix still listed
on their website. Anyway, there are still lots pg them around so I might get some backups soon..
Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2

As of right now the LD10/20 are NOT listed as current products on the Fenix website:
http://www.fenixlighting.com/flashlights/allflashlights.aspx

KIn4913.png

In fact it's not until you go to "Previous Models" that you see the LD10 mentioned, and no where on Fenixlighting.com could I find mention of the LD20, except for one brief mention in an article in the About Us section.
http://www.fenixlighting.com/products/previous-models.aspx

Bdo4aL4.png

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm guessing the issue is that Fenix has 96 million resellers with similar looking sites and URLs. I'm sure other sites have been mistaken for the official Fenix site.

jamesmyname

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit ashamed, but I've bought about 6 Sipik SK68s or clone versions. I'll probably even buy a few more to continue modding. I can't help it... they're just so cheap!

Olight i3 is also one I have a couple of. They make good gifts for the non-flashaholics.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does Eagletac Clicky Ti count? :D

Had the 2012 Clicky Ti.
Got the 2013 Clicky Ti and sold the 2012.
Now i am getting the 2014 Clicky Ti and selling the 2013.

:sssh:

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased the Olight S10 Baton several times - both for myself and as gifts. Great little light.

seb13

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought 4 Thrunite TN12, 2 for me and 2 for familly. Not the latest flashlight but price was very interesting and performance quite good! It's a nice cheap backup.

BriteGeek

Newly Enlightened
I have three Quark Mini MLs. One for me, one for my wife, and a spare. Actually I bought four, but one did not survive several trips through the washing machine.

Etsu

Enlightened
Well, now I'm up to 4 Quark AA lights. 3 QTAs and 1 QPA. I just LOVE this light. The more I play with it, the more I like it. I think it's my least expensive light and the light that I carry the most and use the most. My carry QTA has unfortunately been dropped several times and has a few scuffs on the bezel, but less damage that I thought given the falls. And of course, it still runs perfectly. However, I just ordered a spare head from foursevens so I can have it brand new again. Pretty sweet! Oh, and a 2 AA cell body to go with it. I think it's pretty cool that you can order the parts like that if you damage anything.

Yes, me too. I don't know why I love the Quarks so much (both multiple AA pros and tacticals I have now). Legoing them is cool, but I tend to just buy another format to fit (buying a whole light isn't much more expensive than buying another body and tailcap alone). There's just something about their design and make and look that I like.

What I don't like about them:
(1) You can only get them in cool-white,
(2) Stepping through the flashing modes on a pro is annoying,
(3) I wish the tactical interface allowed for 3 modes, not just 2.

But again, I'm obviously willing to put up with those minor complaints, considering I keep buying the stupid things! And I'm kind of glad they don't come with warmer or high CRI LEDs, because then I'd waste another few hundred bucks on them!

bltkmt

Enlightened
I have multiples of many lights, generally cheaper ones (L10, i3, T10). The exception is the SC600 - love that light.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
....And I'm kind of glad they don't come with warmer or high CRI LEDs...
....."anymore"....

The Low Voltage XML head hits a real beam-profile/mode-spacing sweetspot for me. I just bought my fifth of the six possible iterations of this light. Luckily they seem to go on good sales enough.

Lampbeam

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Fenix E21 and two Fenix E25s which are similar. The E21 came first and I just loved it so I decided to get a holster for it. Unfortunately, the flashlight was a couple of millimeters to big for the holster. So I put the E21 into a Nite-Ize universal holster and bought an E25 to fit into the Converge holster. The only thing is the E25 has its switch on the side so you have to rotate the flashlight in the holster to keep it from turning on. The second E25 I bought as a gift for someone.

decooney

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend who, if he thinks that the music CD is great or valuable for some personal reason, buys several copies of it. And sometimes, or often lol, .. he does not even listen to any copy of the album...

Is it possible this was a carry over collectors habit developed from finding and collecting vinyl records as some still do today?. As Compact Disc music CDs continue to die a slow death, there are some who may look at it as being a very collectable so called "hard copy" item now that music has gone from analog hardcopy to digital file formats, now downloadable, and storable. My good buddy who passed away last year was a big time flashlight fanatic who bought many duplicates of flashlights, shoes, and just about anything that he took extra time to research and acquire. His theory is if it made enough of an impression on him to buy one, why not buy two and have a spare. After he passed away we found duplicates of many things that were still new in the box, never used. Different strokes for different folks I guess and whatever makes you happy, if you can do it, do it as he would probably say today. :)