Which re-chargeable batteries are you using in your HDS light?

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can slightly longer RCR123 with a built-in USB charging port be used with HDS lights?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCR123 with a built-in USB charging port
I just tested an Olight 16340 w built in USB. It is not longer, as it measures just 34.1mm. It does work in my HDS rotary, even though it is a Protected battery. I tested with the battery at 3.8V. I have not tested at lower voltage.

I dont normally use Protected batteries in my HDS, but fwiw, the protection in the battery did not trip during my brief test with the HDS set to maximum output. I dont know if it would trip when the battery is at a lower voltage. (which has happened to me before, in a different light that has higher output than my HDS)

fwiw this USB battery trips protection if I use it in my Olight SMini, but does not trip when i use it in another type of light.

I think you would need to do your own test, to determine how your USB battery behaves, but fwiw, all USB batteries are Protected, and HDS has its own built in Protection, so it does not need a Protected battery. It might work, but you will have to test for yourself.