Who Ordered a Rexlight 2.0? Almost 500 pcs Sold to CPF!

How Many Rexlights Did You Order for $30?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Who Ordered a Rexlight 2.0? More Than 400 pcs Sold to CPF!

Setting my sights low, because if I'm wrong ~ GREAT!!

LGCubana

Enlightened

HowieG said:
Not following this line of reasoning, perhaps someone could please explain it to me.

1. I thought that a 14500 is the same as a CR123A and both yield 3.7 volts. I have supplies of both and they put out maximum currents. That should give the Rexlight the absolute maximum output, far greater than 80 lumens, hopefully in the 100+ range.

2. Using primaries like Energizer, Duracell and Surefire lithium non rechargables should give an expected out put of 80 to 90 lumens.

If the 14500 and rechargable CR123s are only yielding 80 lumens, something is seriously wrong...and I have four of these lights on order.

So why is Kai saying that we should only expect an output of 80 lumens on the 3.7 volt batteries. Either I'm not understanding or this is an error.

Thanks.

The Rexlight has an OP reflector vs. the smooth reflectors on the Fenix line; which are reported to have greater than 100 lumens output.

Last edited:

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by LGCubana
The Rexlight has an OP reflector vs. the smooth reflectors on the Fenix line; which are reported to have greater than 100 lumens output
Good point. I think most people would sacrifice a few lumens for a beam with more spill and fewer rings.(op vs. smooth reflector)

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast

You dont sacrifice lumens with an OP reflector, the total output is the same, you only sacrifice throw. It's personal preference, but I'm not doing that much white wall hunting or are that picky about beams, as long as it's not as bad as my maglite, I prefer smooth reflectors. I would rather keep the extra throw.

vetkaw63

Enlightened

Lobo said:
You dont sacrifice lumens with an OP reflector, the total output is the same, you only sacrifice throw. It's personal preference, but I'm not doing that much white wall hunting or are that picky about beams, as long as it's not as bad as my maglite, I prefer smooth reflectors. I would rather keep the extra throw.

I agree. I like throw with just enough side spill to walk by. It doesn't destroy your night vision that way.
Mike

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was under the impression that when you used something to diffuse the light(op, tape) there are losses. Maybe as little as 10%,but some losses.It seems an op would not be quite as reflective as a smooth reflector. That being said, I could be wrong.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve L said:
I was under the impression that when you used something to diffuse the light(op, tape) there are losses. Maybe as little as 10%,but some losses.It seems an op would not be quite as reflective as a smooth reflector. That being said, I could be wrong.

I have a hard time imagining that since the same amount of light should come out from the lens. Different thing if you use a diffuser like tape or con, then less light would come out.
See the Lumapower M1 review for example. Same output with OP and smooth reflector,
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/lumapower_m1.htm
cheers.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened

by the way, count is at 409 rexlights from cpf.
wow!

adnj

Enlightened

Updated

Total orders: 293
Total lights: 446

voters: 178 80 25 45

The count is higher than yours, Jason, because of people who ordered more than three or didn't vote but posted the numers for others.

jasonsmaglites said:
by the way, count is at 409 rexlights from cpf.
wow!

itch808

Newly Enlightened
I'll be amazed if they actually ship on the 31rst. It has been what, 3 delays? I think we'll be lucky if we get it sometime in May.

T4R06

Enlightened
i talk to kai the rexlight, at least much faster shipping.
im working it out to become a distributor.

as soon i have the rexlight i will create a new thread. will spread the rexlight here :)

Pook

Newly Enlightened
hmm just checked Order status and its still saying

Order Status :Collecting from supplier(s)

/sulk

kabkbak7321

Newly Enlightened
well I just got back from the future .The rex light was in my hand, but the battery was dead :ohgeez: so I cant tell you how well it worked.You'll just have to wait sorry next time I go I'll take some cells with me.

P.S. play the numbers 1 14 25 36 55 (21) on saterdays powerball game ;):sssh:

Melchior

Newly Enlightened
Nothing yet...

There has been no word, anyone heard anything from Kai?

I was expecting delays, but this is getting abit much.

Even annother email listing a more realistic time for shipment would be nice.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Maybe they have been shipped but the status page is not working correctly?