Who ordered the new Fenix E35 UE ??? 900 lumen burst mode

marc123

Newly Enlightened
My bad! You are correct, CW. The funny thing is the pd32ue is neutral as is the tk22ue. Are there any other ue that are not neutral white?

glock45

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for 3 or 4 days now and am really impressed with the over all performance of the torch. I have a very wide collection of major brand lights of 50 to 150 dollars from the past 10 years or so and this light is right there in contention with all of them so far. But I don't get too anal with particular attributes like perfect tint and such.

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
First post and just wanted to say hello and that I have the E35UE...just received it and it is now my EDC. I have the HP30, UC40UE and PD35UE as well but the E35UE is perfect for me. I am not sure of all the jargon yet but here's my thought...the wider light beam is great for my all around use (fixing motorcycle parts at night out on the road, searching around dark corners of my garage, etc.). While it doesn't throw (if that means how far the beam reaches out) as far as the PD35 or UC40UE the broader pattern makes for a wider work area. My only thoughts are I wish the burst mode would stay on rather than revert to prior mode when released (yes, I know, it wouldn't be burst then) and I wish it came with a pocket clip. I added a PD35 clip to mine to secure it my work pants tool pocket and it works perfectly. Anyway, nice to be here; hope to learn a great deal from you guys!

Here's a pic of the rigged clip :)

E35UE-01_zpsee6487b9.jpg

Regards, Ted

Last edited:

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
With this clip on, the E35 UE seems a really GOOD LOOKING light.
Thanks...and, truthfully, a whole lot more useful :) I always worry about things slipping out of my pocket, especially when I am on the scoot...this setup makes for a nice tight grip...you just have to be a bit patient putting it on as there is no dedicated space for the clip (unlike the PD35) still only takes a couple seconds. BTW...I purposely oriented the clip to point to the on switch...makes it a heck of a lot easier to find on the quick :) I found extra clips at fenixgear.com (the PD32 clip is the same as for the PD35) and ordered a couple so I can put one back on the PD35 and have a spare because I am rough on clips :)

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
Ted, may I ask what detail of the E35UE did you think would be better than what the PD35 already offered you?

Two details, size and weight...

fenix01_zpsd96ae904.jpg

I travel by motorcycle whenever weather permits and for two weeks each Summer on vacation...I keep a flashlight either in a cargo pocket or a tool loop/pocket and the PD35 is longer than the E35UE and protrudes farther out the bottom of the loop or sticks out higher if in a tool pocket, depending on the pants I am wearing. In the cooler months I ride in Carhartt flannel lined jeans and the E35UE fits perfectly in the right leg tool pocket...during the Summer, I typically ride in Carhartt Utility pants and the E35UE is a near perfect fit in the loop on the right hip...not as perfect as the E35 itself would have been BUT...if you've ever been on a dark road in rural anywhere it is a small price to pay for the added light output. The weight is a secondary issue, really, but I carry a knife, firearm, extra mags, etc. and every ounce counts, in general.

Plus, in truth, can a man really have too many good lights? ;)

Last edited:

FelmarCorp

Enlightened
Welcome to the forum, Ted :wave:

Congrats on the E35 UE...also a nice review there!

I really like the wide beam pattern as well, its a great little flashlight for $40.

Craig K

Enlightened
but I carry a knife, firearm, extra mags, etc. and every ounce counts, in general.

Ted why do you carry a firearm? What job do you have are you a cop?

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
Ted why do you carry a firearm? What job do you have are you a cop?

I am not in law enforcement...being new here and not knowing the "lay of the land" I am not trying to start a long political debate...suffice it to say...I believe you can never make an appointment with trouble and have to be prepared at all times to defend yourself and your loved ones...I am.

Craig K

Enlightened
Cheers for the reply Ted I was just curious because I live in Australia can't carry firearms here, not allowed.

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the forum, Ted :wave:

Congrats on the E35 UE...also a nice review there!

I really like the wide beam pattern as well, its a great little flashlight for $40.
Thanks...been a cheap flashaholic all my life but this is my first foray into better lights :) I upgraded my ancient 4D and 2D maglites with the TerraLux LEDs some time back...got the TerraLux 220 for EDC (the top of the slippery slope)...bought a bunch of the 250-300 lume Costco 3AAA lights for tossing around everywhere and finally decided it was time to join the big boys, so to speak ;)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the runtime test! Very close to 3,5 hours flat output at 360lm is indeed a good performance.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Bit the bullet and jst ordered this...gonna be my 1st 18650 light and one with the highest lumen among all my inventories...though it's not like i have many to begin with....

Hopefully this will replace my current Nitecore D10 as EDC which currently stands at 9cm...