Who wears their light as necklace in true EDC style?

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
In order to be honest, I came only by this thread on the idea. I found a lamp, which is particularly suitable actual in my collection.

My Fenix L0-TI. And it already hangs around the neck. :twothumbs

Thanks for this beautiful suggestion.

Last edited:

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
1. ARC-P: tough and reliable. Always-there handy. Probably access it a dozen times a day.

2. On a standard STEEL BEAD CHAIN...
... just like the U.S. military has been issuing I.D. dog-tags with since WWII. It's durable, but SAFE -- because it'll snap if you/it get seriously snagged in some dangerous machinery... or if you foolishly allow some, umm, socially-disadvantaged Mugger to get bad-breath close and grab it before you put a .45 ACP hollow-point in his boiler-room. Costs about $3 for a 28-inch length at hardware stores. Won't snag chest hair like some "jewelry" nor will it absorb sweat and stink like nylon cord. Clean and simple, suggesting a no-bull present/past military connection that makes sheeple-weenies wet their panties. Definitely not for Look-At-My-Gold-Chains/Disco-Gigolo types. YMMV.

I wear mine under a shirt, though around the house I often wear it "out" for quick accessability. Especially handy when reading prissy-print menus in dimly-lit restaurants... or when grilling steaks in the yard on dark nights. Invaluable if you ever get stuck in a hi-rise building's elevator during a power-outage, earthquake, etc. BT/DT (twice).

Energizer L92 lithium AAA batts also make it a tad lighter (weight), brighter, and more comfortable than alkalines.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raw NS on dogchain, only when I'm going somewhere that may not be flashlight friendly.

Mayo

lengendcpf

Enlightened
"Pardon me, while I whip this out............."

The flashlight is a Cree'd titanium Draco. Everything else is Ti also except the split rings.
The entire rig is worn at nearly all times. It's the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off as I climb into bed at night.

Pardon me.
But I can't help thinking you have a very thick neck..

ruriimasu

Enlightened
wow! so many people wear their lights on their necks. Am glad u am not the only nut case around :crackup:

Keep this thread going. we guys here may be able to pick up another 1 or 2 good lights to add to our necks :D btw, can you guys add the run time of your lights too and how far the lights can throw, as in still useful light?

warlord

Enlightened
On a daily basis I don't wear my flashlight around my neck but at work I'll keep my EDC clipped to my lanyard. It's currently a WF-602D Q5.

Although I'm still contemplating picking up a Wee NS to wear around my neck...

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Guilty :wave:
wee-T-Shirt.jpg

Sure do miss it when it can't be there.
:thumbsup:

OT: Rob would you sell those T-shirts in the future, maybe with the release of the Raw Camo? :paypal:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never wear one as a necklace. If I did, I might use a Zebralight H30 Q5. It is small and the light comes out the side, so it would shine straight ahead when the light was hanging from my neck.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
are there still places that sell them?:huh:

I wear a L0D-CE and a peak 1AAA holder all the time....well, off when I hit the showers, its role is a "side kick"
Nyogel doesn't react too well to soap and warm water:shakehead
I've never considered it my primary EDC, though I have had it with me as my only light in DAYTIME trail walking:nana:

I run duracells in it, usually in low mode only. but for now theres an L92 in both the carrier and the light:devil:
EDIT: okay, those who want pics, heres my shirt:D

Last edited:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Lanyards_ARC.jpg

I have 2 of these setups, one for work (more likely to get dirty), and one for off duty.

The lanyard cord is Surefire M series grey/green paracord with the centre pulled out, so it's thinner. The clip is from Lighthound (I think it's a micro size, but can't remember). Safety break is also from Lighthound.

I am wearing one of these within 5 minutes of waking in the morning, but if I was 'sleeping out', I'd wear it 24/7.

dw51

Enlightened
Same thing as RAF_Groundcrew, except with a GITD lanyard.

Sometimes I forget I have it.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neck carry seems a little silly, or so I thought. I had read about this technique for years but just didn't think it was for me. Then I saw where guys would neck carry knives and so I bought in to the possibility.

Enter modamag's titanium Draco. Everything changed. I got a beaded dog chain for almost nothing at Lighthound's site. I've attached the split ring from the Draco to a SPRO size 4 130 lb test power spinner (fishing tackle) that's a similar color as the Draco. The beaded chain goes through the opposite loop.

This light is used very often. In a power outage at work we needed to walk through a dark room to get to the main reception area because the security door wouldn't open because there was no power to the motion detector. The Draco was quickly deployed, one-handed and mouth held, to guide the group that was with me. Several "Wow's". I didn't tell them it was set on level 6 mainly because I had a mouthful of fire-breathing dragon.

InFlux

Enlightened
{snip} Enter modamag's titanium Draco... ...I've attached the split ring from the Draco to a SPRO size 4 130 lb test power spinner (fishing tackle) that's a similar color as the Draco. The beaded chain goes through the opposite loop.
.{/snip}

I've carried the exact same setup 24/7 for about a year. TiCN Ti Draco attached to a spinner on SS bead chain. It works great! :grin2:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've carried the exact same setup 24/7 for about a year. TiCN Ti Draco attached to a spinner on SS bead chain. It works great! :grin2:

Cool. Fish any? It's also great for tying lures at night. Here's an unskilled photo of mine illuminated by a 5W RB, a 5W cyan and a Mag85.

HPIM0361.jpg

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Lanyards_ARC.jpg

Hi, who here can help me buy a few of these clips and post to me to my country (I cant find it in my country)? I tried to order it online and the item was like maybe $5 (ti version) but the shipping for this item was a ridiculous $36!!! :sick2:

If anyone is willing to help me out, could your sent me a private message? Then I will pay you the item cost and postage fees before you even buy it and send out. Thanks a lot in advance! :twothumbs

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been carrying an ARC AAA-P on a titanium chain around my neck for 3-4 years now. The chain and light (with lithium cell) and ti micro-clip are light enough I forget about them until I need the light. I usually have it on myself anytime I leave the house except for going to work since I work around conveyor belts and other heavy machinery and it wouldn't be hard to lose in my work environment.