Whos making flashlights domestically?

jrgold

Enlightened
Texas Lumens, Deadwood Customs, Prometheus, and I think Pelicans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a streamlight trl 1 on a 9mm while I was waiting on a surefire to arrive needless to say after 12 rounds being fired the dang thing stopped working.
It was just a fluke, all things can fail including Surefire(I will still take a SF over a SL any day however). The TLR1 has proven itself over many years and I would suspect is the most popular weapon light in history X300 series aside...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
The products and quality control of Streamlight IS NOT the Streamlight of old.

Wasn't long ago my brother bought two new Streamlight's, a 2XCR123 model, I believe a ProTac, and a weaponlight, possibly a TLR1?

Anyway, after knowing of Streamlight's great reputation, I was floored when actually held it in my hands. Loose sloppy threads? Check. Loose, rattling, cheap plastic lens? Check. Way off center LED? Check. Then the big one, Made in China (that's not bad, just when you are expecting a USA made light it is). Couldn't believe it, as I thought up until that point all Streamlights were proudly made in the USA.

And the Weaponlight? Yeah, it was actually missing a contact spring straight from the package, a totally non functioning light.

Furthermore, check out that "Warranty" that Streamlight offers

"Streamlight
warrants its products to be free of defects for a lifetime of use except for batteries and bulbs, abuse and normal wear*."

Abuse and normal wear?
Truth be told, Streamlight, a US based company, is manufacturing their lights (or a large majority at least) overseas in China and are providing a product that is inferior to what other manufacturers (Fenix, Olight, Acebeam, etc) are offering from the same place for the same price.

Last edited:

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everybody always forgets about TnC Flashlights.

Exactly!
bab6d12cbfe14f4e2ed5f49e876b0c2c.jpg

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take Fighting rifle at tactical response every year. And at least 50% of the people who show up bring streamlight pro tacs mounted on their rifles. And sooner or later each protac fails before the end of class. Only ones still standing are, MALKOFF, modlite, and surefire.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I take Fighting rifle at tactical response every year. And at least 50% of the people who show up bring streamlight pro tacs mounted on their rifles. And sooner or later each protac fails before the end of class. Only ones still standing are, MALKOFF, modlite, and surefire.

Surprised there's no Elzetta's!

SteveRogers

Newly Enlightened
I can second Frelux Lights. I own 2 and awaiting a third.

Oveready Flashlights are a great option as well.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Great thread.

I was disappointed to see that much (if not all) of Streamlight's manufacturing has moved outside the USA.

I've been looking for a rechargeable light to use as a communal family light for around the house.
I'll be getting one of the new rechargeable Maglites instead
I was looking at Surefire too; none had the simplicity of the Mags charging cradle

I own plenty of Chinese made flashlights, but in general I try to buy domestic whenever I can.

Last edited: