Why are you carrying so many flashlights?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My best friend has a birthday coming up in October...maybe I'll get him a flashlight instead of sugar glider related stuff this time around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

guncollector

Enlightened
On a related story...

A few weeks ago I was travelling back from Honolulu to SFO.

When I was going through the TSA security check, a very thorough agent went through the contents of my backpack and decided to inspect closer my SF L4 LumaMax.

He proceeds to look directly into the 5W Luxeon as he activates the thing, which I'm sure gives him "The Spots".

What does he then do next? He taps his TSA buddy on the shoulder, and in a "check this out" manner has his buddy also look directly into the L4--and then gives him a nice 2 second blast.

I just sit there with a sh%*-eating grin, because only a CPF'er or L4 owner would know not to stare directly into such a "tiny" flashlight.

No moral to the story, just a little anecdote brought back to my memory by the original post...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: On a related story...

At a family reunion, the brightest light I happened to have was an E2e. I figured it could do no harm, especially outside during the day. So I didn't keep an eye on Lou after I handed him the light to inspect. But I turned my head back just as he looked into the light and pushed the button. His head jerked back, and he yelled "Whoa!" I guess the lowly little E2e deserves more respect than I was giving it.

Paul

RevDavid

Enlightened

Gun collector...
rofl

I would love to have seen that. It kind of reminds me of the joke about the guy who picks up the iron when the phone rings.

David <><

RevDavid

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
My best friend has a birthday coming up in October...maybe I'll get him a flashlight instead of sugar glider related stuff this time around... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a sugar glider? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (sounds sweet)

David <><

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
RevDavid said:
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is a sugar glider? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (sounds sweet)

David <><

[/ QUOTE ] here they are david

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
bored at work and was just surfing this thread, :crackup:

blinding your brother ONCE was funny enough, gettin permission and blinding him a further few times, PRICELESS!

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
bored at work and was just surfing this thread, :crackup:

blinding your brother ONCE was funny enough, gettin permission and blinding him a further few times, PRICELESS!

Just out of curiosity..

How did you find this and why did you think the OP would respond when his last post was December of '06?

You freak :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I had a friend over who saw all my lights for the first time (I've lost count how many, and it's probably for the best). He asked what to him was an obvious question: "Why do you have all these lights?"

All I could think of to say was "To see in the dark."

I could tell he had already made up his mind that there was no rational explanation. Then again, there was no rational explanation.

1wrx7

Enlightened

WOW:eek:... what a random thread to ressurect. I have to admit I'm:crackup::crackup::crackup: When I try to show someone a new light they always think I'm going to blind them. I haven't done it since I first got some nice lights a few years ago... well....except that small select group of people:whistle: The quote below reminds me of things I've seen in person:crackup:

A few weeks ago I was travelling back from Honolulu to SFO.

When I was going through the TSA security check, a very thorough agent went through the contents of my backpack and decided to inspect closer my SF L4 LumaMax.

He proceeds to look directly into the 5W Luxeon as he activates the thing, which I'm sure gives him "The Spots".

What does he then do next? He taps his TSA buddy on the shoulder, and in a "check this out" manner has his buddy also look directly into the L4--and then gives him a nice 2 second blast.

I just sit there with a sh%*-eating grin, because only a CPF'er or L4 owner would know not to stare directly into such a "tiny" flashlight.

No moral to the story, just a little anecdote brought back to my memory by the original post...