Why do Americans put the date the wrong way around?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using tapatalk on a mobile phone in the US and the dates of the posts are in the American formats. Is the date displayed the US way for CPF members outside the US ?

Reading around the internet there really is no explanation why Americans record the date the way we do. We can probably blame it on England somewhere in history.

My explanation is my school teacher made me do it.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm using tapatalk on a mobile phone in the US and the dates of the posts are in the American formats. Is the date displayed the US way for CPF members outside the US ?
Yes, no way of changing the way it displays that I'm aware if.

Norm

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is a VERY, VERY, VERY SMART AND CREATIVE GENTLEMEN FROM GERMANY!!!

Now if only the Germans wrote their numbers the correct way. I work in a company that sent a bill out to a German client for € 780,500. They paid us € 780.50 because they use commas for full stops and stops to designate thousands. ( I guess they ignored the extra zero on the end. ) I had to ask them for the remaing € 779,719.50. Perhaps they thought they got a bargain ?

Oh,and we don't use imperial here much in the U.K. any more. About the only thing we still use is miles and pints. We buy 'gas' by the litre and I didn't dig out my imperial socket set for years....

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that is a VERY, VERY, VERY SMART AND CREATIVE GENTLEMEN FROM GERMANY!!! GUTEN TAG!!!
G´day youself :)

Now if only the Germans wrote their numbers the correct way. I work in a company that sent a bill out to a German client for € 780,500. They paid us € 780.50 because they use commas for full stops and stops to designate thousands.
Well, I don´t think that´s a matter of commas or dots but rather a certain amount of dumbness involved ;) Or they thought it was worth the try....hehe

Eric

Capolini

Banned
Now if only the Germans wrote their numbers the correct way. I work in a company that sent a bill out to a German client for € 780,500. They paid us € 780.50 because they use commas for full stops and stops to designate thousands. ( I guess they ignored the extra zero on the end. ) I had to ask them for the remaing € 779,719.50. Perhaps they thought they got a bargain ?

Oh,and we don't use imperial here much in the U.K. any more. About the only thing we still use is miles and pints. We buy 'gas' by the litre and I didn't dig out my imperial socket set for years....

Like I said, Germans are very smart!! He used that money to but a lot of good German Beer and Plenty of BMW's and Mercedes!! lol!;)

Norm

Retired Administrator
Wow!! That is hotttttttttt! That is 105.8F!! That would make me frown to!
We had a top of 48 or 49 during bushfires a couple of years ago, that's about 120F :devil:

Norm

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
We had a top of 48 or 49 during brushfires a couple of years ago, that's about 120F :devil:

Norm

They get that kind of weather in Texas, Arizona, Calif. desert and a few other places. I much prefer weather like this:!

Vostok, Antarctica Weather Forecast from Weather Underground

Forgot something! They have the world record "LOW" temp. at -89C/-128F!!

It is summer there now!

Annual Temp. range b/w -30F[-34C] and -65F[-53C]!

Last edited:

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
Today is 20Dec2013. That is how it should be written so that the month and day are immediately identified.
It's confusing if the month is only written numerically.
I got grief throughout my schooling years; however, I never waffled from that practice.
Even had points deducted from several term papers because I refused to comply with whatever the convention happened to be at the time. I argued with administration by simply asking if my method was wrong. I never got an answer. Points were returned to me eventually. ,'~D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahah thanks. The last one was 4 years old - and needed a new one for a game I'm playing ATM. I decided I liked it.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hahah thanks. The last one was 4 years old - and needed a new one for a game I'm playing ATM. I decided I liked it.

I get so confused when people change their avatars. :sigh: Do other people identify me by my avatar like I do them? Many regular posters I just know right away by their pic and I don't need to look at the handle..