Why is the SureFire C2 so good?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ironically now and days the C2 sits in a drawer. I usually carry a surefire/haley strategic branded light that is called the DFT or a surefire E2E with a lumens factory 110 lumen bulb in it. I like comfort and big 6P sized lights seem like they are good for belt holsters not pocket carry.
6P-style lights are always holster-carried AFAIK. They may seem bulky these days but are still better in grip and more potential in terms of bulb upgrades and such. E-series are more for compact carry/concealment but that doesn't mean it cannot be holster-carried.

For the record I carry all my E-lights in (custom-made) holsters only, never bare in trouser pockets. Bare-carrying a light inside a trouser pocket will inflict severe surface wear/damage to the flashlight in the long run. I've been there (with a modded cheapskate Chinese light) so I won't repeat the same mistake with more premium lights like the C-series, E-series etc. etc.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
6P-style lights are always holster-carried AFAIK. They may seem bulky these days but are still better in grip and more potential in terms of bulb upgrades and such. E-series are more for compact carry/concealment but that doesn't mean it cannot be holster-carried.

For the record I carry all my E-lights in (custom-made) holsters only, never bare in trouser pockets. Bare-carrying a light inside a trouser pocket will inflict severe surface wear/damage to the flashlight in the long run. I've been there (with a modded cheapskate Chinese light) so I won't repeat the same mistake with more premium lights like the C-series, E-series etc. etc.

Oh I get that pocket carry and general use can destroy flashlights. This 6P Defender I used at my work since 2011 clearing buildings and dealing with general turds of society. Only the tailcap went but the rest of it is solid.

Attachments

• 20220310_232812.jpg
    20220310_232812.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220310_232840.jpg
    20220310_232840.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220310_232826.jpg
    20220310_232826.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 98

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I get that pocket carry and general use can destroy flashlights. This 6P Defender I used at my work since 2011 clearing buildings and dealing with general turds of society. Only the tailcap went but the rest of it is solid.
I've looked at the pics; that's how my Chinese light mod has ended up in. What was similar to you case is that the tailcap boot broke and rendered the switch chassis unusable, only that the tailcap chassis could not be disassembled for user maintenance.

So what exactly went wrong with the original Z41 tailcap, how did it get busted? Unless the tailcap host gets dented badly the rest of the chassis can be replaced easily with the McClicky upgrade.

As for your 6PD, a full strip-and-reanodize (in HAIII) should give it new life (minus the white lettering).

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I've looked at the pics; that's how my Chinese light mod has ended up in. What was similar to you case is that the tailcap boot broke and rendered the switch chassis unusable, only that the tailcap chassis could not be disassembled for user maintenance.

So what exactly went wrong with the original Z41 tailcap, how did it get busted? Unless the tailcap host gets dented badly the rest of the chassis can be replaced easily with the McClicky upgrade.

As for your 6PD, a full strip-and-reanodize (in HAIII) should give it new life (minus the white lettering).
Well the 6PD did come originally with a z59 tailcap not a z41. It's nice to have the clicks but the rubber boot always goes our first and then the guts shortly after.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You can get a new rubber boot at Lumens Factory rwolf. Or a clicky Z41 style there. I did not see a Z59 style there though.
The owner is big on keeping classic SureFire products going or if one chooses they can obtain reproduction type of classic SureFire products.