• F21DA4D8-F1E6-432C-8C76-36B3CBED301D.jpeg
    F21DA4D8-F1E6-432C-8C76-36B3CBED301D.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 1EA040EE-AA21-44A6-B3DD-6D9B2A8A07CD.png
    1EA040EE-AA21-44A6-B3DD-6D9B2A8A07CD.png
    1 MB · Views: 154

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
Good solution. It fits in nicely. How many do you have?
I don't have that many, maybe 25-30 total. Most everything I have is upper end production lights. I haven't gotten into anything custom or exotic yet (except for a Mcgizmo Haiku) so I still have a way to go before I have a "problem"

My recents lights are:

Imalent GT NANO
Imalent MS03w
Zebralight SC64w

3_gun

Enlightened
You have a problem you just don't know it yet.

Just one more.

I can stop any time I want.

I only buy flashlights on the weekend.

It doesn't interfere with work/home/school.

But I don't have _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank) yet.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
So your wife said you had too many flashlights, and your solution is to buy her one? Now you're not just an addict, you're a dealer. Drug addicts do the same thing. If someone complains about their addiction, they give the person a taste to get them hooked so that person has no more moral authority to get the person to stop. You have it bad. Quit now, if you can.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to balance it out with a firearm for every flashlight you have, and you must lift legs twice a week.
Then she'll say your testosterone is too high.

luisdent

Newly Enlightened
my wife said the same and i have about 6. she's ok as long as i use them or have a need for them. so one is in the kitchen for emergencies, one is my edc, one is my long term power outage etc. light. then i run out of use cases. :p but one failed and i lost one. go figure...

nollij

Newly Enlightened
there's a simple solution… don't leave them out where she can see them. Don't ask, don't tell. Works for me…

Still waiting for a solid reply solution so I can begin using it in my discussions.
there's a simple solution… don't leave them out where she can see them. Don't ask, don't tell. Works for me…
Have very little storage space and that's no fun... I like seeing them and comparing them and having them out together, that's half the fun when they're not in use!

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give some away. Sell some. Use them in a practical way around the house; lighting dark areas or supplemental light where needed. Let her understand they can be useful as barter items should things go sideways. (Keep batteries/chargers/compact solar panels in good supply as well)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let her understand they can be useful as barter items should things go sideways. (Keep batteries/chargers/compact solar panels in good supply as well)
Do not have that conversation with your wife. You'll find yourself starring on Doomsday Preppers or Hoarders. By the way, no real doomsday prepper would ever have their preps shown on t.v.. It's a violation of OPSEC. For my family, I'll look for a specific application that fits their needs and buy a light for that. For example, I got my niece a color changing unicorn lantern for Christmas. Got my nephew a headlight for getting back to the car after late night soccer practice. I made them a game called Radioactive Snowball Fight including a aluminum foil lined foam core light box and glow in the dark monkeyfists filled with cotton balls. The game requires a flashlight to light up the glowing projectiles. Find a use for her to need a flashlight or make up a need for one and she'll be more open to carrying one. Helps if it's purple, pink, silver, or gold colored. Also, get better at hiding your stash of lights. Keep out a select few and a couple loaners so people don't grab your good ones all the time and hide the rest away.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, a person can trade a flashlight for something else without things going sideways. And the whole thing about an individual or even a single family attaining sustainable long term survival after major disruption is folly without people banding together bigtime; but this is a digression.