Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I did not know Maglite sold C/D sized glass or AA minimag glass. I buy all mine at flashlight lens. Anyway looking at parts & accessories for a D cell anti-roll device. That one Beamhead showed got the voices whispering "you know that nine line would be way more cool with one. They have those in a kit with a blue, red and clear lens set and wall mount kit for $8. The glass was $10+ but the 25days coupon put it around the price of a flashlight lens one.

Got Mrs Fixer a hoodie for Christmas too. Mag swag is pricey but top quality clothing so I feel pretty confident the fleece lined hoody will be nice and warm for her.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's almost as if the ML300 (std) got an upgrade and the LX did not. Now the 2C LX says it has a few more lumens than the 2D LX but not quite the CD. I'm supposing that is from the slightly smaller reflector of the ML50 head versus the larger ML300 head.

You're right has, no description of what type of glass at Mag where FLL says what's what. Plus the glass costs less at FLL. I will install the glass from Mag in a 2D classic and compare with one from FLL and see if there is any difference. I mostly use glass as scratch resistance more than anything but in some less output lights like an incan 2D you can tell a difference versus the stock plastic.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. I wonder if the LEDs are the same?

I like that they dropped the eco mode down, 15-20 lumens like on the ML50's is plenty. Now all they need to do is add a 5 th function set - eco-low-high,

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same XM-L, in fact I see no difference in brightness on high and the specs for runtime on high enforce that even if they state 487 lumens compared to 524 lumens, less cd and distance. :thinking:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Below the ML25 range in fact. But……

2-BF3-BBF1-DE7-D-49-C2-9-CDE-3-FAB2-F56-BCCE.jpg

ML300 LX-2 cell

795-E505-A-4851-4-AD4-B215-60-B7-FD6-A2-A1-F.jpg

ML25-2 cell

The fat bearded guy in the red suit is bringing Mrs Fixer and I a his and hers pair of 2 cell LX's. Gray for her, black for me.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ another example of how more lumens do not necessarily improve performance.

But, something is odd with the cd numbers on the 2D ML300's - cd should be basically proportional to the lumens if the LED/reflector are the same.....I wonder if the guys at the lab didn't get the focus dialed in right when they did the FL1 testing?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Since I have a small box of C-cells staring at me every time I open my cupboard,
a ML50LX LED 2-Cell C needed to be ordered (in a slight moment of weakness);) ___ I'll support Mag for $38 shipped

got the Urban Grey

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I happened to come across an older Maglite 3D incan where I replaced the bulb with an EBLCL LED drop in. I was pleasantly surprised at its output and beam pattern. The Maglite itself has a fair bit of wear and tear but it will be relegated to knock around duty in vehicles and rural after dark walks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What 25% off coupon? I don't see it anywhere.

I never should have started reading this thread...

You join Maglite Nation at the Maglite site and they send you emails with new products and sales codes. Or like them on fakebook if you're into social media. You have time. This sale lasts until Christmas day but they say order by the 13th if you want it by Christmas. Oh, and if you join when there isn't a sale they send you a code worth either 10 or 15% off your first order. And if you refer a friend they send you a 20% code.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

I got the 20% coupon & Free Shipping by setting up the emails,
think it's just for your first order w/ them,, or not}}

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

Not that I need another one. I started counting Maglites last night; full and midsize I think I have 10, and a few mini mags and one lone Soli.

None are matte finish and grenade grip though!