Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a tts led in one of my mini mags. It works good, but flickers when the batteries are low.

Xxo, it looks like they are temporarily sold out. Looks neat though. I guess you can just have one ml25 now and choose whether you feel like led today or incandescent.
There you go chickendrumstick....

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
Random question of the daaaaay.
What lithium sizes fits inside of a C size Maglite?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I use 2x18500 with a 3/4" schedule 80 pvc pipe as a gap filler in my 2 cell incan ML25 and 2x18650 with same adapter in my 3 cell one. With a 4 cell bulb in the 2 cell and a TL 3 bulb in the 3 cell they put out as much light as their LED clad cousins.

Also some use aa to c adapters and eneloops or ultimate lithiums when primaries are the choice of fuel.

If you want super long runtimes and don't need a lot of light a pair of 5000 mAh Imedion C cells and a warm Yuji in the 2 cell ML25IT will possibly provide about 8 lumens for months.

Still trying to figure out how that drop in would go in between the light and the reflector.

Would it replace the reflector?

7-AFC66-EA-3424-45-A8-883-B-E5-C67-F3-C323-B.jpg

Light disassembled

F3-ED42-C7-E4-C5-421-F-9-BB5-067-BA53-DEA76.jpg

Head back on

8-A6-BCB3-D-D858-4-E67-8-CBC-E5-F2363-D5-B0-C.jpg

Reflector installed

Note the oversized hole around the bulb. Factory hole fit snug but when using a hotter bulb it melts the reflector. Over sizing the hole to about 9mm with a 1/8" drill bit twisted by hand halted the melting without affecting the beam at all.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still trying to figure out how that drop in would go in between the light and the reflector.

Would it replace the reflector?

was wondering the same thing,maybe you have to saw off the back part of the reflector?

Mr Bman

Newly Enlightened
I always keep a Mag in my cars. I currently like the ML300L. 3 D cells and 625 lumens. Still not a fan of their led focusing but it is a solid well built light and batteries are easily available.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been on the fence about the new MagCharger. This ML150 if you will. Trouble is, which one? The short one or the long one? The short one is about the size of the 2 cell ML50. The long one about the size of the 3 cell ML 50 (or the ML125) give or take some millimeters. 800 lumens should be enough, but the throw is only in the 30's for CD. A thousand won't seem much brighter and the throw is in the lower 50's. But so is the 2D classic LED upgrade. And it has that classic Maglite spot beam with a low calorie diet of spill. I'm guessing the new Magchargers are football field wide lighters much like the ML50 and 300.

I'm really more interested in the shorter model but really like the length of that ML125 for carrying a device that can double as a hammer if need be.

Decisions decisions……

Last edited:

hsa

Flashlight Enthusiast
The length of the longer one makes it easier to get into and out of your pocket with gloves on in case you need to park it there for a minute. I don't have one but I use a 3 cell ML50 a lot and this is one of the many things about the light that makes it one of the best all around light for me in my environment. Just something to consider and just my opinion. Either one will be great, I'm sure. If you get one be sure to post your findings.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I bought the short ML150LRS recently and I think it's great. Lots of light and plenty of throw for illuminating the backyard to spot coyotes and other critters. I also really like the multiple output levels. I think it's a great light; it's also the first LED maglite I've owned. The short version is nice for back pocket carry around the house.

I came here to post a 30% off coupon for maglites website. it came in my email today. BFMC30
It makes the ML150LR a really great deal. I might buy another one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Dawg gonnit!!

Got the same email. With that coupon one could buy both for about $40 more than the long one costs regular price. I've been able to thwart the ocd voices so far but now that there is a 30% coupon……it's pretty doubtful I'll make it past midnight without buying one.
Aaaaaugh!!

Edit: Welp, that was a long 20 minutes. lol.
Both ordered. Mrs Fixer insisted……she was payin', so who am I to argue?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
She's a keeper.

Folks, if you use a coupon at Maglite be sure and click apply. At some sites you type in a code and it automatically shows up in your "final" price including tax, shipping etc then you hit "pay".
At the Maglite site you type it in and hit "pay" and then you see final price.
If you did not click apply, surprise!! You paid full price.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The voices kept whispering "now that you can get 30% off, you know you want one of those LX numbers, don't you?" so all day yesterday it kept bouncing around my brain ML50 LX. But two or three cell? Definitely the gray one so I can see the button in low light.

Mrs Fixer and I took a stroll last evening and she really liked the size and weight of the 2 cell one. I had a busted ML25 that I drilled two holes in the shoulder and slid a wrist strap through. It fits the ML50 so the light she was carrying has a wrist strap. So she's getting a gray ML50 LX for Christmas.

Now before I pulled the trigger on that I was also wondering about the ML300 LX and did some looking around. I stumbled across a special edition Nine-Line Apparel 3 cell ML300 and today they have a 25% coupon so I snagged a Nine-Line edition.

94-B96817-D0-FD-42-E1-9-F7-B-24-A77-F5-C09-A6.jpg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a great looking like sir. I've been giving my 2c ML50L a workout almost every night walking the dog. Eco mode for most of the walk but bump it up to high on one particular stretch where there are no streetlights. I've thought about grabbing an LX on a few occasions, but I always seem to leans towards the classic body style.
The voices kept whispering "now that you can get 30% off, you know you want one of those LX numbers, don't you?" so all day yesterday it kept bouncing around my brain ML50 LX. But two or three cell? Definitely the gray one so I can see the button in low light.

Mrs Fixer and I took a stroll last evening and she really liked the size and weight of the 2 cell one. I had a busted ML25 that I drilled two holes in the shoulder and slid a wrist strap through. It fits the ML50 so the light she was carrying has a wrist strap. So she's getting a gray ML50 LX for Christmas.

Now before I pulled the trigger on that I was also wondering about the ML300 LX and did some looking around. I stumbled across a special edition Nine-Line Apparel 3 cell ML300 and today they have a 25% coupon so I snagged a Nine-Line edition.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Real nice light!

The flag silk screen looks great. I really like the grenade gripped matte finished LX's.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Unlike most of my limited edition Maglites, that one may go outdoors on occasion.
It says 524 lumens on high (at Nine-Line) but I can not find any info on a 3 cell that was 524. Only info I found for 524 lumens is a 2 cell version. Anyway 366m beam if it is 524, and that's plenty for me because I figure that means 150 or more meters of very useable light.

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unlike most of my limited edition Maglites, that one may go outdoors on occasion.
It says 524 lumens on high (at Nine-Line) but I can not find any info on a 3 cell that was 524. Only info I found for 524 lumens is a 2 cell version. Anyway 366m beam if it is 524, and that's plenty for me because I figure that means 150 or more meters of very useable light.

The 3 cell ML300 was listed at 625 lumens, but that has recently been changed to 746 lumens (40596 cd/403M beam distance).

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The photo is definitely showing a 3 cell so I'm supposing it will be the 600 lumen model. I kinda hope so because it actually throws a bit better than the 700 one according to Maglite.