Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

Buff

Enlightened
Reading this got me digging for my old work flashlights i carried in my work truck. Seems tis is the main Mag Lite thread? If there is another more appropriate thread let me know?
IMG_5113.jpeg

I removed the reflective tape from the far right and
cleaned it up a bit. I'm sure they ain't worth much but dang i used the heck out of them walking construction sites early and late dark 30 over 28 years.
Used the two book ends the most and the taller ones stayed at home. I only have C batteries so tested that light. Truly measured in candle power lol.
Should i remove the rest of the tape or is it even worth it?
IMG_5115.jpeg

Thanks for reading.
Buff

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading this got me digging for my old work flashlights i carried in my work truck. Seems tis is the main Mag Lite thread? If there is another more appropriate thread let me know?
View attachment 54535
cleaned it up a bit. I'm sure they ain't worth much but dang i used the heck out of them walking construction sites early and late dark 30 over 28 years.
Used the two book ends the most and the taller ones stayed at home. I only have C batteries so tested that light. Truly measured in candle power lol.
Should i remove the rest of the tape or is it even worth it? View attachment 54536
Thanks for reading.
Buff
Nice collection. I like using eneloops in AA to C adapters in mine. They work great, are lighter, no leaks, and brighter and flatter output. Alkalines may be a tad brighter, for the first 30 seconds on brand new cells. Eneloops are brighter for the rest of the time

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah. Sanyo/panasonic eneloop. They're a low self discharge AA. And they have AAA as well. They're very very good. Can find them much cheaper at ikea relabeled as "ladda"

Buff

Enlightened
Yes but i need C And D cells. I will buy enough to test the shorter ones and probably just have one available to use just for nostalgia. Amazing that the rubber O-rings are in perfect condition.
These lights(one at a time spent life rolling around under the air ride seat in my Peterbilt along with other tools like a Eswing hammer, channel locks and tie down straps. It's a wonder they are in the shape they are in. Very durable.

Buff

Enlightened
Up to you but I'd leave the reflective tape, it's still functional, and part of your history 👍
I removed it from the one as it was covering the serial number and the USA in the line MADE IN THE USA. But i agree as they aren't going on Ebay are they? Plus it's a pain to remove it. A millimeter at a time. Thanks
Buff

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A double a battery is pretty close in length to a C or D cell. Eneloops are a AA battery that is rechargeable. Adapters make them match a C or D light.
IMG_2405.jpeg

Oh, and leave the tape. It's part of your history, that is unless you prefer they no have the tape anymore. WD40 or GoofOff can get the sticky off.

Vasoline is what Maglite reccomends gets used on their o'rings.

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes but i need C And D cells. I will buy enough to test the shorter ones and probably just have one available to use just for nostalgia. Amazing that the rubber O-rings are in perfect condition.
These lights(one at a time spent life rolling around under the air ride seat in my Peterbilt along with other tools like a Eswing hammer, channel locks and tie down straps. It's a wonder they are in the shape they are in. Very durable.
I said in my first post. AA to C and D adapters. They're better even though smaller. You don't want to store with alkaline. They leak

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Maglite collection from yesteryear, I have a 3D and 4D but never managed to obtain a C cell light maybe one day (the D cell lights were on clearance), the reflective tape adds character 😉

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just put your AA rechargeable in put some aluminum foil on the negative end screw down tailcap and you are running on Nimh power.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Has anyone else ordered from Maglite this month besides me and waiting on a tracking number? I emailed and called with no response also. Seems strange to me. It's been 12 days.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
View attachment 54535
Should i remove the rest of the tape or is it even worth it? View attachment 54536
Thanks for reading.
Buff
You might just be surprised what they're worth. Some folks are willing to pay insane prices for vintage Mags.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might just be surprised what they're worth. Some folks are willing to pay insane prices for vintage Mags.
Those are all late '90s models. Probably $5-15 on eBay unless they're NIB. Good users but not moneymakers. Even the old ones aren't worth much unless there's something special about them, like a rare color/size/markings/etc.