• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WIP -- Stainless Steel Damascus Lights

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred, all of those beauties makes me wish for more hands so i could hold them all....Outstanding work as usual....Robert.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Great work Fred. Love the designs & great photos too! I love Chad's creations, I had the pleasure of meeting him a few months ago. He spoke highly of you.

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost there. Only one more to finish up, but here are a couple of shots of the next-to-last one. It is an 18650-sized light, which will get a slightly different look since the flutes, as seen in this rendering, won't be added until after the light is heat-treated, etched and polished.

TiRocketship-3.jpg

Of course, the Damascus will look completely different from the shiny rendering. :devil:

Here is the as-machined light:

Rocketship18650WIP-1-1.jpg

Rocketship18650WIP-2.jpg

And just because I like the rendering:

Rocketship-2.jpg

gollum

Enlightened
excellent work Fred

damascus is always very difficult to work with

your results are outstanding,thanks for showing.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now in hand--picked them up from the heat-treater yesterday:

Nine-Up_HeatTreated.jpg

Five of the nine lights are sold already--the rest will eventually be put up for sale on CPF and CKG.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
didn't know that there were 2 x 12mm Trit vials

I didn't know they were available until running across some on eBay & the $6 price (delivered from Canada to USA) convinced me to order a few. The supplier is currently out of stock but should have more in 2-3 weeks: http://www.ebay.com/sch/new_world_carp/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Another supplier has even more variety in the larger vials but prices (including delivery from the UK) are higher: http://stores.ebay.com/Flacks-Tackl...submit=Search&_fsub=2316376014&_sid=550441214

FWIW the UK supplier also shows a 3x22.5mm :)