World Smallest Titanium Light using a High Power LED (Nichia 219B 93CRI) Completed!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful piece and fabulous idea but the current draw required to yield 20+ lumens must be massive for these tiny button cells designed for a fraction of a milliamp.

Any chance of a sub-/low- lumen version (or better yet multi-mode) that might have some continuous runtime on those cells? I know I'm one of the few low lumen/runtime enthusiasts here, but I personally find something in 0.5-1.0 lumen range to be ideal for task work in dark environments with dark-adapted eyes.

Love the idea of having a jewelry quality light in case emergencies... but most of my emergencies have been about close task work and runtime.

Beautiful piece and fabulous idea but the current draw required to yield 20+ lumens must be massive for these tiny button cells designed for a fraction of a milliamp.

Any chance of a sub-/low- lumen version (or better yet multi-mode) that might have some continuous runtime on those cells? I know I'm one of the few low lumen/runtime enthusiasts here, but I personally find something in 0.5-1.0 lumen range to be ideal for task work in dark environments with dark-adapted eyes.

Love the idea of having a jewelry quality light in case emergencies... but most of my emergencies have been about close task work and runtime.

Thank You for your input Reppans, I appreciate all the feedback. As I understand your concern about having to put stress on this battery with the current this light is drawing, this is a high drain battery, that is designed for devices drawing more current than your average watch. I've tested this battery in the prototype since June, with absolutely no issues. From short burst to accidentally left on in the car while I was driving, the battery had no heat, leak issues or bulging...absolutely no indication of stress. Warranty of correct specs. and operation will be only granted, using this specific (Maxell SR41W) battery. As far as having this light being a sub/low lumen light, would've defeated the purpose of what I designed this light for. There are many slightly larger lights for the purpose you're describing, and my next design will have drivers to give you different options, but the purpose of this light was to be the smallest, using a high power emitter, which I think it succeed, even with the shortcomings compared to what a lithium battery could provide. I could've made a light just a little bit bigger, with full features, re-chargable batteries etc...but I took a gamble, and made something really special for fellow enthusiast like me. For this size, it is still a very capable light! Btw. I think, you'll be happy with my next design, which will have features, like the ones you were talking about.

I just wanted to add, that if you run the batteries down, it will have that 1 lumen illumination, for quite a long time.

Last edited:
Yes, and I can already tell you, that it will go on sale at 7PM PST. I have some very exciting news for the time being, which we can all thank to some of our own members, who doubted the run-time of this light. I've started a continuous run-time test, with brand new batteries, and I'm quite surprised at the results.
I have turned the light on 20 minutes ago, to see, how long will it last, until it becomes unusable. I went on full brightness for about 2 mins, then the brightness drops to about 10 lumens for the next 3 mins. from the 5-10 minute mark, the brightness has dropped from 10 to about 2 lumens and stayed at 2 lumens from the 10-27 min. mark (it is still running with the same brightness). I will complete this test before the sales thread goes up, I just quickly wanted to share with you all this news!

I just wanted to let you know, that during a continous run-time test, that is still running, going on 40 minutes. It has dropped down to about 2 lumens after 10 mins, but it has been keeping that 2 lumen mark in the past 30 mins. (still running) So this might be the light, you were looking for after all!:)

Just wanted everyone to know, that sales thread will go up at 7pm PST. I will make an announcement and post a link here as well, as you can look for it in the WTS Titanium and Exotic Flashlights Forum

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered mine. :) Quick question - will one set of batteries be included? Just wondering if I need to order some in advance of receiving the light.

Just ordered mine. :) Quick question - will one set of batteries be included? Just wondering if I need to order some in advance of receiving the light.

Hi Sean, I did specify in the sales thread the exact battery type to use, also made a not about not including any batteries with the purchase. You'll need 3x Maxell SR41W high drain batteries. Let me know, if you have any more questions!:)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Btw. I think, you'll be happy with my next design, which will have features, like the ones you were talking about.

I just wanted to add, that if you run the batteries down, it will have that 1 lumen illumination, for quite a long time.

Thanks for the explanation and runtime test. I like high output, just not at the expense of low lumens or runtime. Killing the batteries to get a comfortable dark-adapted reading output (for example) is not going to work for me. I'll keep an eye open for your later designs though... love the size and craftsmanship. :)

Thanks for the explanation and runtime test. I like high output, just not at the expense of low lumens or runtime. Killing the batteries to get a comfortable dark-adapted reading output (for example) is not going to work for me. I'll keep an eye open for your later designs though... love the size and craftsmanship. :)

Thanks for your response, I understand your reasons. The next one should be more of what you're looking for:):thumbsup:

jalano1222

Newly Enlightened
I want the polished Ti with installed tritium, ,thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts