Worst flashlight-related company & product names.

Marlite

Enlightened
Besides the elementary particle "Quark" also means curd cheese in German.
In addition, it is old German slang for nonsense. :D

Oh that is funny! 4-7's has a series of pics on his website hyping Quarks in Germany.

I wonder if they had to pass the Dept. of Agriculture like cheese in our country.
Or is that just old nonsense.

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
lmfao. when I was young (3 weeks ago) I spent all nighters looking at DX lights. I finally said f*ck it and bought an LD01 from ebay.

i saw that >:crackup:penisfire:crackup:< light and there was some reviews for it.
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

all the Chinese people need now is a FlameFire flashlight!

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, thre was (is?) a 1 x CR123a extension tube for I think 6P type lights called "The Detonator." Rather unfortunate choice of terms, I'd say.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
lmfao. when I was young (3 weeks ago) I spent all nighters looking at DX lights. I finally said f*ck it and bought an LD01 from ebay.

i saw that >:crackup:penisfire:crackup:< light and there was some reviews for it.
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

all the Chinese people need now is a FlameFire flashlight!
Don't give them new ideas...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
128958121577219034.jpg

I had to do this... :crackup:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they all want to be like Surefire when they add that "fire" in the name (SacredFire, TrustFire, BlablaFire).

IMO, Darktort is the worst name ever. :sick2:
The light itself looks good, but I don´t like it´s name.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about KD's FireKylling flashlights?

And spiderfire? Seriously, a spider, in fire?

Or the upcoming lumapower MENTOR? My first toughts: it was a new X-men character? A new brand of spearmint gum? New hasbro board game? A flashlight that could think? (Mentor in spanish means "some one who thinks deeply")

I don't know what does "quark" means but at first glance it sounded like an indian food. This is the quark, baked with a wide variety of herbs...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about KD's FireKylling flashlights?

And spiderfire? Seriously, a spider, in fire?

Or the upcoming lumapower MENTOR? My first toughts: it was a new X-men character? A new brand of spearmint gum? New hasbro board game? A flashlight that could think? (Mentor in spanish means "some one who thinks deeply")

I don't know what does "quark" means but at first glance it sounded like an indian food. This is the quark, baked with a wide variety of herbs...
They just link any crap to "Fire" and bang, a new chinese flashlight of awful quality is created.

Yeah, Mentor is pretty darn bad... Initially, I thought "quark" was the sound a drunk redneck duck would do...

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I think "Quark" does make sense.
Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

And guys, be careful with that "penus" thing... :crackup:

I remember when I said the same about Surefire E1B design and an admin called my attention because sometimes we have kids around here in CPF, and we need to be careful with our language...

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, Darktort is the worst name ever. :sick2:

I'm going to have to agree, Darktort doesn't seem like a very good name for a flashlight company. Let's take a look at it's name:

dark |därk|

adjective
1 with little or no light :laughing:
2 (of a color or object) not reflecting much light; approaching black in shade
3 (of a period of time or situation) characterized by tragedy, unhappiness, or unpleasantness :eek:

tort |tôrt|
noun Law
a wrongful act or an infringement of a right (other than under contract) leading to legal liability. :eeksign:

Maybe something was lost in translation :thinking: :laughing:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

That looks like a light with a great spill beam :ohgeez:Do the engineers who design this junk actually ever use flashlights?

Back to the op, the name "Pila" is interesting. It's latin for spear or rod. It was the term given to spears carried by the Roman Legions.

I can understand the name "Surefire" in that it is a colloquial expression for something working every time. But given the fires and explosions related to primary lithium batteries, Surefire still could be a chuckle of a name if it weren't such a quality company and product.

It's my opinion that "Magnumlight" was a dumb name for earlier versions of the M6 (especially when it wasn't spelled right on some that made it into circulation) Too close to Maglite.

"Eneloop" is a strange choice of name for a fantastic product.

A pink anodized light named the "Prince" by one modder here did not tempt me in the least.

Yes, I agree, some modders come up with some dopey names such as "Milky Creemator".

And lastly, our self given term "flashaholics" usually means something else to the general public outside of these forums.

The Dane

Enlightened
The XXX-Fire crap is completely unstoppable... Now they've come up with the all-new Venusfire!

sku145031.jpg

If any of you knew $h!t about $h!t, you'd say: Ahh its for jeweleers. A very defined hotspot without spill to distract the eyes.

But the name is terrible though:thumbsdow