• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

markr6

Flashaholic
Well, depending on the cost I may have vinh modify my stock version. It's boring now that I got my T25C2 XP-L HI.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing wrong with the S200C2, but yes this T25C2 is great. Same throw without the big head!

I had a S200C2vn with XP-G2 PDTw that I recently sold to Amelia. It was a fantastic thrower but I just didn't use it that much. When I needed a bunch of throw I kept grabbing my K50vn which has close to 600K candela. The S200C2vn was an amazing thrower for its size for sure. The T25C2 is really easy to grab and throw on the pocket without feeling awkward at all.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The S200C2vn was an amazing thrower for its size for sure. The T25C2 is really easy to grab and throw on the pocket without feeling awkward at all.

Ditto. When walking I always carry my S200C2vn (XP-G2 PDTc) in my back pocket for long spots (owls, coyotes, etc.) my trail light can't reach.

rudy22

Newly Enlightened
Model differences

Hello,
I've just read this complete thread front to back, but have a few questions, I apologize if I missed these answers somewhere!
1. What is the "T" option that costs $35? Things are updated from time to time. Post 1 has the most updated option. Please refer to those and disregard anything everything else.

3. Is the 5.5A, 4-mode option available, any test results (throw) or price? See above

4. Are there any test results (throw) for the XPL-HI? No. Its probably liek U3 PDTc but a bit more throw and lumen but have XPG2 PDTc pricing.

Thank-you! This seems like a wonderful light, untouchable more than a year after it was introduced! That is true as it constantly updated with new driver and LEDs.

Ps: I don't hunt lions ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Model differences

Congratulations to ME! I'm now a member of the V54 Club.
:paypal: I will soon be the proud owner of a S200C2vn, xpg2 pdt, with DriverVN & of course engraved!

bim13north

Newly Enlightened
Re: Model differences

Congratulations to ME! I'm now a member of the V54 Club.
:paypal: I will soon be the proud owner of a S200C2vn, xpg2 pdt, with DriverVN & of course engraved!
WooHoo!! Nice light!...you should really like it!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
After ordering this light from Vinh today, I read an announcement from Olight, introducing a new light with about the same performance specs as Vinh's S200C2vn. Reading further into the details of Olight's new light, I saw that it weighs 2-1/2 times more and requires 3 batteries, not 1.

I'm not knocking Olight's new product. I'm sure it's a fine effort in the stock flashlight world. But, it really brought to light the significant difference of a custom light from Vinh.
👍

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received this baby throw king last night. Now to find some time you play with it.
By the way, it can really light up a closet! Lol
3f9cfc832dc58861d531d6887c39bb30.jpg

AHRS-24/7

Newly Enlightened
Possible driverVNX2 in this light and the new xpg2.....I lost my last one......I loved it....it was my favorite light and I need to replace it......just wondering what new tech you can put into it for maximum throw....

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Possible driverVNX2 in this light and the new xpg2.....I lost my last one......I loved it....it was my favorite light and I need to replace it......just wondering what new tech you can put into it for maximum throw....

DriverVn2 is what you need. XPg2 S4 dedome will throw best but with a greener tint. XPG2 PDT perform a bit let but has a whiter tint.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the result of my runtime experiment on the S200C2vn. Take this with a grain, make that a pound of salt. I'm no selfbuilt and I put the "A" in amature. The only instruments used were my eyeballs & cell phone.

I ran this indoors during daylight with air-conditioning running at 76°F. (I know it's fall but it's 95° outside. Welcome to South Florida). Battery used was a new high drain Keeppower IMR 18650 3200 mAh, fully charged to 4.2V. No fan was used. I just layed the flashlight on the kitchen countertop while I performed other chores.

I turned the flashlight on to it's highest setting and started my cell phone stopwatch.

And the answers is...... 16 minutes to me yelling "OUCH" when I touched it and manually turned it off.

The light remained bright throughout the test. Perhaps there was some sort of step-down to 80% or 90% that my calibrated eyeballs could not discern in the daylight setting. But, it was definitely very bright until I switched it off.

During the test I occasionally picked the flashlight to hold in my hand (that was my temperature sensor). Throughout the test, I pick up the light by both the head and the handle. At 16 minutes, the head was too hot to hold. The handle was very uncomfortably hot. I turned it off out of fear of doing some damage, plus I figured there's no practical use of a flashlight that can't be held.

I then put the batteries into my charger and found the voltage was at 3.96V.

Perhaps Vinh can address any step-down that would have occurred, undetected by my visual observation in daylight.

Given my result of 3.96V being left in the battery, I would suspect this flashlight would run for quite some time on the lower settings.

I hope this is helpful in some way. I love this light and I think Vinh has developed an amazing thrower that can easily be slipped into a pants pocket. By the way, mine weighs only 7.5 ounces including battery and lanyard.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used this light quite a bit now and the word that pops into my head every time I turn it on is "overachiever."

Based on my sample, it puts about 14 lumens on a target 100 meters away. It's a thrower, so it has a tight beam.

lumentia

Enlightened
Will this light be good for rifle usage in a 100 meter range? Thank you.
Yes, very good... I love mine. XML2 PDTN on copper with the predecessor to Vinh's driverVN, mcclicky, 3 modes, with memory. Throws about 130 -140k CD. Tight Hotspot with a large corona and beautiful neutral tint. Less spill than u might be used to because of the deep reflector, which is perfect for rifle use.