• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

lumentia

Enlightened
Where do you guys get diffuser film? SCE man does the butler creek blizzard cap feel pretty tight on it? Thanks!

I got mine at home depot. They sell a small roll for $20. I think its called privacy film. Pretty pricey. Google DC fix and you should find where you can buy small quantities much cheaper.

Scotch tape works too. Maybe even better than DC fix (on small lights) and you can put on several layers if you want more diffusion. The privacy film won't stick to itself so you can't stack layers to get more diffusion.

For the butler creek scope caps, the best diffusion method I've found is to remove the plastic "lens", bead blast one side of it, then re-install. (It's simple to remove, just remove the retaining ring that holds it in and it pops out)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I remember I started out with ~100 lumen RC-G2 romisen. That thing was so bright!!!

lumentia

Enlightened
I remember I started out with ~100 lumen RC-G2 romisen. That thing was so bright!!!

Mine was a hand me down 6 volt Rayovac lantern when I was a kid. Then a Qbeam corded spotlight and I was ruined after that. Of course at one time I had a Maglite in every vehicle in the 90s.

my first pocket able real good light was an incan surefire g2. That was the most I'd ever paid for a light and was so impressed i promptly got an led version when they came out. Still use that light for work, has a great beam.

Thanks for the beams shots Matt. Is that a pd 35 and tx25c2vn posing with your s200c2vn?

Last edited:

engineeringmatt09

Enlightened
Glad you enjoyed shots Lumentia!! It's an f30vn single mode max brightness xml 5000k!! Awesome compact light and has great tint!!! I'm making it a glow in the dark edition :) keep everyone posted!!!

lumentia

Enlightened
Glad you enjoyed shots Lumentia!! It's an f30vn single mode max brightness xml 5000k!! Awesome compact light and has great tint!!! I'm making it a glow in the dark edition :) keep everyone posted!!!
I saw your other glow in the dark effort, turned out sick!

johnx85dt

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!! I'm new to CPF (just signed up today) but I've been reading posts for a while now.. and then one day I bumped into this thread for the "baby throw king" which caught my attention. I have to say I have to try this light!!!! Vinh all I can say is I admire your work man and I'm really looking forward to test this little beast. My lights now are my trustworthy MH25 which I use everyday non stop and I really love this thing, and the TM26 which is just fantastic for flood light. As you understand, I'm missing a good thrower and the prospect of having this little guy in my pocket for use in my work will be something else... I don't know if I had to post somewhere else about purchasing info (if yes I'm sorry), but I'd like to know, do I mail you and arrange an order or what? sorry for the long post...

BarryG

Enlightened
Send Vinh an email. I have been dealing with him for several years and can be certain you will be happyw ith his service!

Welcome to CPF!!!

Barry

KickTheCAN

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!! I'm new to CPF (just signed up today) but I've been reading posts for a while now.. and then one day I bumped into this thread for the "baby throw king" which caught my attention. I have to say I have to try this light!!!! Vinh all I can say is I admire your work man and I'm really looking forward to test this little beast. My lights now are my trustworthy MH25 which I use everyday non stop and I really love this thing, and the TM26 which is just fantastic for flood light. As you understand, I'm missing a good thrower and the prospect of having this little guy in my pocket for use in my work will be something else... I don't know if I had to post somewhere else about purchasing info (if yes I'm sorry), but I'd like to know, do I mail you and arrange an order or what? sorry for the long post...

Yep, just email him. It's [email protected]

I just got the light in and started messing with it. It is amazing! Trust me, your pupils will have to adjust when aiming the light indoor against the wall. I got the XML2 version, so I can only imagine the XPG2 led to be a lot more blinding.

johnx85dt

Newly Enlightened
Thank guys! Actually I e-mailed him yesterday and arranged everything in a matter of minutes... Awesome... I can't wait to test it!!!! :faint:

johnx85dt

Newly Enlightened
My light just arrived yesterday, so when I got home it was waiting for me in the mailbox... The thing is that when I got home it was starting to get dark so I had the best environment to test it and when I did I realized it throws FAR. Man this thing can throw, no jokes!!! And today at my work (shipyard) it performed way better than I expected!!! But apart from the performance, what I really appreciated was the attention to detail!!! I think we all agree that even the slightest detail is thought of...(even handwritten card with the specs of your light). Thanks vihn!!
P.S.: If you're reading this and thinking of buying one from vihn, i got three words for you: WORTH EVERY PENNY

lumentia

Enlightened
+1 I'll have to agree, this light for its size performs way out of its league. Maybe I just got an extra good sample. I've had it since last fall and I'm still impressed every time I use it. Tint and throw (and the generous corona) are awesome. I have the XML2 u2 PDTN 3 mode version with memory and I think it's perfect for a back pocket and/or rifle mounted thrower.

I think if a guy only had 3 lights you could have one of these, an SL2vn and a tubeVn and realistically be set for lighting.

Last edited:

Fourgates

Newly Enlightened
+1 I'll have to agree, this light for its size performs way out of its league. Maybe I just got an extra good sample. I've had it since last fall and I'm still impressed every time I use it. Tint and throw (and the generous corona) are awesome. I have the XML2 u2 PDTN 3 mode version with memory and I think it's perfect for a back pocket and/or rifle mounted thrower.

I think if a guy only had 3 lights you could have one of these, an SL2vn and a tubeVn and realistically be set for lighting.

I have your set up and the SL2. You're absolutely right. Both excellent lights! The performance/size is ridiculous.

panag

Enlightened
I have the xpg2 one and it is great i can see more than 300m clear so it is perfect for a compact light:wave::)

Latest posts