• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

panag

Enlightened
I have NEW measure for s200c2vn xpg2 pdt with samsung r25 at start 144000klux and after 30sec 137000klux:twothumbs

panag

Enlightened
Hey Guys!
So here is my back yard light up review video for the S200C2vn XPG2 version.
I absolutly love this light!
I can't wait to see how the M25C2vn will compare with it's little brother :)
I hope you guys like the video.

Let me know if there is anything you guys would like to see and I will try to do it.
Thanks guys, and thank you to Vinh for all your hard work!
Ty

hallo ty you see now that s200c2vn xpg pdt is Super!!!!!!! 144000klux for mine:wave:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
O yea I for sure love mine!!!!
I would say that mine is more about the lux you're getting too.
I still think I will send my S200C2vn and my K40vn to Justin for testing.
Ty

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, does anyone else see a ring of (reflected?) light well outside of the spill and (on nearby ground/area)?
Reminds me of the effect a shiny bezel ring has on some P60 bezel lights.
If I place a finger along the edge of the bezel near the lens it blocks that part of the ring.
Seems odd since the glass lens is so close to the bezel.

lumentia

Enlightened
Not sure about that.

Selfbuilt and jmpaul's LUX numbers don't appear to comparable for judging purposes.

Example for the SR52vn:
selfbuilt: SR52vn XM-L2 PDTc = 222k (1m)
jmpaul: SR52vn XM-L2 PDTn = 255k (8m, calculated for 1m)

Very possible that the S200Cvn numbers are also different. I guess until jmpaul tests an XP-G2 PDT we won't know for sure, but that's the one I'm betting on.
That could be the answer in the difference betweent the two different testers. Jmpaul tests at 8 meters and calculates back to 1m and selfbuilt tests (I assume) at 1 meter. Its well known alot of throwers need much more than 1 meter to properly collimate the beam.

Also, if there's a slight donut hole in the beam and the tester doesn't aim the brightest part of the hotspot at the meter that could throw it off.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
That could be the answer in the difference betweent the two different testers. Jmpaul tests at 8 meters and calculates back to 1m and selfbuilt tests (I assume) at 1 meter. Its well known alot of throwers need much more than 1 meter to properly collimate the beam.

Also, if there's a slight donut hole in the beam and the tester doesn't aim the brightest part of the hotspot at the meter that could throw it off.

Selfbuilt does not measure at 1meter. I forgot what it it is but its not 1 meter.

Capolini

Banned
Selfbuilt does not measure at 1meter. I forgot what it it is but its not 1 meter.

Correct: If you go to his webpage you will find all the info.

Below is a few sentences from it: This was written on 7.25.2012 as you will see on the Link below.

Up until now, I've been working back from intensity measures at 5m (for convenience sake) using my old Ceto meter. From now on, all beam measures will be taken at the full 10m distance and worked back, using the NIST-certified Extech EA31 meter. To designate this change, I will be color-coding my summary tables with orange-highlights for the new measures.

Here is the link:

Revised Selfbuilt beam intensity measures: new NIST-calibrated Extech EA31 lux-meter

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
we have different lights and different light meters... they will never be the same lol

only way to really get a good idea is perform the same test with the same batteries and same light sample... even then it could vary with humidity/temp/voodoo etc. :)

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I really got to change the thumbnail to that vid or something!
I don't like seeing my ugly mug everytime I scroll down the page ha ha

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Point taken. Now we need a test of both LEDs under the same testing conditions to reconcile the disparity.

LOL

That will never happen....too many variables.

Remember, also, that the cd is CALCULATED back from whatever lux at whatever distance the measurement was done at, and, if one of the testers has an appropriate distance, IE: Far enough away from the light to have allowed the beam to fully form/represent throw at farther distances....their number will be representative of the light's performance.

So if 5 meters is "far enough...and one tester is at 8 meters, and the other at 10 meters, both test distances are fine, and, should get the same cd all else being equal. (But, all else is never "equal", as the meters are different, the reflectivity/absorbance of their environments will be different, and, there are batch variations in the LED themselves, the dedoming process, and many other factors)

:D

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Well that's what the chart in his S200Cvn review said...

The chart has a note saying he tests at 10 meters.

A clarification that might help:

A light's cd is its throw at one meter, in lux, but NOT its ACTUAL throw at one meter....it back-calculated throw at one meter.

So, as per ANSI, you COULD measure at 1 meter too, but, it also lists other measurement distances, and, you are supposed to select a distance far enough away for the light being tested. Throwy lights typically have beam shapes that are not fully formed for several meters...so a measurement closer up will not be as intense, and not yield the full cd.

So, as you get farther from the light, your lux meter gets lower and lower lux readings, but, when you do the math to back calculate the light's cd....the cd will be going UP as the actual lux at each progressively farther distance goes DOWN.

At a certain distance and beyond, the lux still drops, but the back calculated cd remains the SAME....and that distance is "far enough". IE: Going farther away doesn't get you a higher cd, so, the beam is fully formed, and, you can now USE the cd to calculate how much lux will be on a target at any given distance beyond where the beam has fully formed.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Enlightened
Re: WTS: Baby TK61vn (Must Must Have 5 Stars)

Just added a diffuser for close-in and area illumination.

S200Cvn.jpg
Anyone have details on the diffuser? Thanks!