• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: S200C2vn - Baby Throw King 122K Lux - 690 OTF Lumen

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does this light do more then 690 otf lumens? most of your xpg2 lights now a days with drivervn are over 800 lumens otf.

I wonder what the throw is now if this light is now over 800 lumens with xpg2?

Joeymt3

Enlightened
Cool. Which emitter did you choose? Please let us know how well it works on your rifle.

It's one of the lights from his original run. It's a XPG2 at 4.2 amps. Buying it used, not from Vihn. Nothing fancy but it should help bust those pesky coyotes that are chasing our dogs.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alex, I think you're right. The lumens are at about 824. I base this on the increase in throw. I have compared the throw of all my flashlights in a field with measured fence posts. This method easily gives a good measure of relative throw among all the flashlights. Since I have published throw numbers for most of them, I can estimate the throw pretty well of any that stand out.

My S200C2vn definitely stands out and my throw estimate is 157,000 lux, or 800 meters. Selfbuilt's published lumen was 770 with 137,000 lux, or 740 meters of throw of the early XPG2 version. So if the lumens increased at the same percentage as the throw increased, then it must be putting out about 824 lumen.

All very amateurish but it confirms your estimate. Having a field with fence posts or utility poles spaced at a constant interval makes a good laboratory for measuring relative throw. All you need to do is count the number of poles you can see and multiply by the spacing. Then correlate your numbers with published throws. It is then easy to estimate throw for any lights you don't have data for.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first V54 light I purchased is a S200C2vn and it's a XPG2 PDT. I think this is a perfect marriage of flashlight & emitter. Also, I use it while hiking/camping and got it in a fairly warm 4000K. It really performs in the forest. (I also take a small flooder).

Theodore41

Enlightened
People only order XPG2 PDT in this light.

What about the missing strobe mode in this light?Does your driver brings this back?
I have one original S200C2 with the XP-L Hi,for two weeks now,and I am very satisfied,except of the missing strobe mode,and I think if it could be possible to send it up there for an upgrade.
I will see of course the total cost.:)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theodore, unless you ordered a single mode version, you should have strobe with DriverVN.
You would need to program it to select a mode that includes strobe.