• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

X65vn - Best Thrower Searchlight

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: X65vn - $$$

Stock Light First Impression:

Positive:
Excellent build quality. Nothing to pick on
LED Perfectly centered
Excellent UI. From off press and hold for true moonlight. From on or off Double click for Turbo and Triple CLick for Strobe. From on press and hold to cycle modes. has last mode memory.
Light is smaller than X60Mvn and X60vn

Negative:
Only measured 6000 Lumen OTF on Turbo
Tint way too cool. Wash out everything outdoor.
Narrow spill beam width
Pronounced petals from overlapping reflector wells

ven

Flashaholic

You should be able to double that vinh, roughly 2500 per led. Would be awesome with some 5000k xhp35's.

6000 is very disappointing , presume acebeam just worked a rough LED lumen from the amps.

Smaller ? As in shorter , how does the head compare to the x60 vinh.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stock Light First Impression: ... ... ... From on or off Double click for Turbo and Triple CLick for Strobe.

Only measured 6000 Lumen OTF on Turbo... ...

"double click the side switch goes to Turbo mode, double click again goes to Turbo Max mode, ..."

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oh forget it. I don't have patience for this. DriverVNX next LOL

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats cool. Thanks for the update.. this x65vn will need driver vnx.. i still think tn40vn spec 4 is the good light. 9000 lumen and 500k lux..

ven

Flashaholic

It will always be a good light , just mass gives it an advantage of using high outputs for long durations. A lot depends on use, if a couple of minutes of WOW is needed then most will do the job. If you needed say 10 or 20m of WOW, maybe looking for winners cat, or a S&R mission....or just a longer WOW moment, mass is needed. Plus I think huge lights are cool, the heft,size for that feeling of security/reliability/quality .

The tn40vn will still be the class leader for its size in spec 4.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks awsome. I don't see how this can be smaller then X60 series lights though, 6 cells vs 8 cells has to be bigger?