You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Re You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When

You know, as pointless arguments go this definitely qualifies as one of the pointlessest Ive seen in a long time.Paddlehands, youre wrong. So just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong. credit: freespirit

:thinking:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you come home on your lunch break because the post man has delivered your flashlight and you can't wait until evening!

...OR...

When a family member has a power outage and your "loaner" light is a $200 affair, because you've had it for a couple of years and it just isn't as nice as your newer acquisitions.

Lumen83

Enlightened
Your Friday night is a bottle of Cabernet and a beam profile/tint/brightness/usefullness/UI comparison with your entire collection

Lumen83

Enlightened
That's what's up right now, bro. :naughty:

Haha what did you conclude? I concluded that my A2 with the new bi pin adapter and upgraded bulb has the best tint. Green LEDs give the best combo of retaining night vision and contrast at the same time, and that the surefire Kroma, though underpowered, is still my most versatile light. Thats my bottle of wine and maybe one shot of rum thoughts for the night haha.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha what did you conclude? I concluded that my A2 with the new bi pin adapter and upgraded bulb has the best tint. Green LEDs give the best combo of retaining night vision and contrast at the same time, and that the surefire Kroma, though underpowered, is still my most versatile light. Thats my bottle of wine and maybe one shot of rum thoughts for the night haha.

You're better off than me. I concluded that my 18650 charged up faster than I thought it would and pizza is more fattening than it has any right to be.

But I love my 1x 18650 lights. :party:

Hugh Johnson

Enlightened
Was headed out for an evening walk on a rural country road...wife waited more minutes than she would have liked to while I contemplated needed lumen levels and if CRI would be appreciated.

For sheer output flexibility and since it is fall and everything is dead...finally decided on the TN4A....which didn't disappoint.

I also have a TN4A Hi and I love it. I generally prefer the TN12 on trails due to the less focused hot spot. But I find this also really helps the TN4A cut through fog or mist, which I encounter regularly.

So you know you're a flashaholic when you have lights for specific humidity conditions.

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to laugh at myself this morning. Mrs Yeti has mislaid and hopefuly not lost the little Malkoff that lives in her coat pocket.
I thought that I'd better lend her my HDS until she finds it. Then I thought,
"Yay, that means I can get another HDS!".
Where, pray tell me, is the logic in that?
P

Edit: She's got the Brewery MDC ubtil it turns up.

Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
... you have not one, but two newly-arrived flashlights sitting in the unopened envelopes and you're vaguely wondering what you should order next.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
after ordering a new light, you can't stand the unbearable waiting for the package to arrive so you order another light just to have something to do.

DaYoop

Newly Enlightened
When you get your flashlight in the mail, see the flyer they stuffed in the package about their current line up, and you rush online to immediately buy several others that caught your eye.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you're a flashaholic when a family member recounts a humorous anecdote involving pantomime gestures of groping in the dark and feeling for a light switch. You don't get the joke because you can't remember what it's like to grope around in the dark while feeling for a light switch.

Last edited:

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
You know you're a flashaholic when you FINALLY figure out (back in mid-October) what THIS year's Christmas flashlight gift will be for family members and close friends, even though they won't REALLY thank you until the next time they lose something or their power goes out.

NEWSFLASH:

"THIS JUST IN: Scientists today announced that they are absolutely baffled how the so called flashaholism bug is spread among the rare few given that it is neither infectious like HIV nor contagious like the flu!"

- LetThereBeLight!