You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When you have a photo of your favorite flashlight applied to a coffee cup...

IMG_20180123_094800.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I think the lovely Mrs. Fixer hooked me up with a mug maker so I won't do this...
IMG_20171224_123830.jpg

Next Christmas.
Yes it was working. Put out a nice little 3 or 4 lumens on the ceiling using Christmas bulbs stuffed into the barrel.

She was actually ok with that but...
IMG_20171223_091632.jpg

The SureFires didn't go over so sporty...

Last edited:

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spend days contemplating the lights I'm taking each year. Then spend maybe 10 minutes on attire and hygiene items. I figure 'heck if I forget, I can get a toothbrush or under-drawers anywhere, but not a 2C Kel-Lite from 1973 with a pair of 18500's driving a 4 cell bulb to about 200 lumens'.

So far so good.

Classic!

...When you can't read any of your textbooks because of all of the flashlights on the shelf in front of them obscure everything.

Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
...you automatically assess the LEDs in your household appliances for quality of output.

You should see the LEDs in my Indesit refrigerator. They're the cheapest, nastiest cold blue white LEDs I've seen in years. I wince every time I open the door.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are in a building and notice the ceiling accent lights are alternating between warm and cool- and wonder what flashlight the guy in charge of the lighting carries.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You are in a building and notice the ceiling accent lights are alternating between warm and cool- and wonder what flashlight the guy in charge of the lighting carries.
Probably a celphone....

Man the other night I'm watching this movie about what were supposed to be really smart people and this guy is finding his way through a series of tunnels using a freaking celphone. I'm thinking all these youngsters who are fans of this guy are thinking the celphone light is able to light up a big ole tunnel 50 feet forward and now they're going to google whatever flashlight app this guy uses and kill the LED in their phone that much quicker (along with the battery) then they're going to go on twitter and trash the phone maker for making a lousy flashlight...all because this twirp in the movie was being "Mr. Cool" with his celphone light that Hollywood made look like a thousand lumens... then they'll buy those as seen on tv nonsense all the while thinking a unicorn will be in their living room tomorrow morning.... ugh!!!

You might just be a flashaholic if it ABSOLUTELY PISSES YOU OFF TO SEE HOLLYWOOD ACTORS PORTRAYING that a CELPHONE IS A GOOD FLASHLIGHT!!!!....

Oops
Rant over.

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Speaking of Hollywood... When you are watching the movie Oblivion and you notice the almost strange looking light inside Tom Cruise's rifle and think it's cool that it wasn't a traditional light and it seemed to really mach the theme of the technology in the movie. Then you want one more look and you realize that's an OVEREADY light in there...

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
When you've had your eyes on the MiniMag AA incandescents that are on clearance for $5 and come with 2 extra bulbs, for a couple weeks, and after finding out you got the new job, you decide to follow through with your plan to purchase a Red, a Silver, and a Blue MiniMag AA incandescent with intentions to take them home, disassemble them all, and put them all back together in Captain America style red, white, and blue theme.

I'm thinking blue head, silver body, and red tail cap? Either way I'll get three different color mixes of 'merica themed MiniMags.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Pictures, please.
P

Gasp!- I've literally never posted any pictures on FlashlightForum! I guess I might just have to... In my defense I actually just got back from the store a bit ago, and I haven't yet opened the MiniMags.

I just know once I post one picture I'll be posting a photo of my collection next...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Gasp!- I've literally never posted any pictures on FlashlightForum! I guess I might just have to... In my defense I actually just got back from the store a bit ago, and I haven't yet opened the MiniMags.

I just know once I post one picture I'll be posting a photo of my collection next...

And you asked me if I really had that many flashlights...
You'll see my friend... you'll see. lol

You have developed all the symptoms of a flashaholic.