You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you're watching a "film" specifically made for Adults, and there's a scene where one of the "actors" is searching a darkened building with a flashlight....

Yeah, you start trying to I.D. the flashlight. Even though you know there's no way you'd be able to post your discovery on that one thread about flashlights in movies or TV shows.

When you're watching a "film" specifically made for Adults, and there's a scene where one of the "actors" is searching a darkened building with a flashlight....

Yeah, you start trying to I.D. the flashlight. Even though you know there's no way you'd be able to post your discovery on that one thread about flashlights in movies or TV shows.

.... and it drives you crazy because every actor you've ever seen searching a darkened building is always using a flashlight with the narrowest beam you've ever seen. :ohgeez:

HEY POLICEMAN! DON'T YOU THINK A FLASHLIGHT WITH SOME FLOOD WOULD BE USEFUL!!??? :hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

~ Chance Who Hates That!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you concentrate on the beam pattern in a movie scene, rather than the movie. :D

Congrats C.G.!

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friends ask to borrow a light on a trip and you think... thats too expensive... as is that... that one is not for a non flashaholic... those two I want to use... ok got one for you!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Friends ask to borrow a light on a trip and you think... thats too expensive... as is that... that one is not for a non flashaholic... those two I want to use... ok got one for you!

Experienced that very thing myself. In a similar vein......

When you specifically buy a cheap light and carry it to use as the one that gets loaned out to others. :)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I always joke that there wouldn't be much of a movie if the actors had flashlights I typically carry, haha. There would be a lot less suspense that way and they'd be a lot safer too.

You know you're a flashaholic when you have perfectly adequate outdoor lighting at your house but you only turn it on for others and instead rely on your EDC when you go outside.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to decide which light to use for basic tasks.... brightness, hcri, titanium, aluminum, Natural Ha or Black

tex.proud

Enlightened
When you haven't been here for a while because you have been spending your $$$ on another hobby/passion/habit, but when you take a trip to see your family in Dallas and realize that you did a rather odd thing...you took only 1 flashlight, and that weirds you out enough that you come to CPF to confess!

When you haven't been here for a while because you have been spending your $$$ on another hobby/passion/habit, but when you take a trip to see your family in Dallas and realize that you did a rather odd thing...you took only 1 flashlight, and that weirds you out enough that you come to CPF to confess!

Start two new threads and all will be forgiven. Oh yeah, and charge yer batteries.

~ Chance

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you buy a updated version of a light you already own "just because".

(Guilty:I ordered a new 2018 Black Diamond Storm 350 lumen-and I already own the older 100 lumen version).

Amazon is a evil enabler...they were selling it on sale for $36.95 shipped-Thank you Amazon Prime.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you buy the exact same version of a discontinued light just so you have a backup if your favorite light ever dies. I just found a Fenix TK09 2015 edition online and bought it for that reason. It has my personal all-time favorite UI, exactly the order I like the modes to be, and I love the number of modes. I don't even mind that it doesn't have a moonlight mode. No strobe getting in my way, and its highest mode is bright enough for most things and doesn't step down until the battery dies.

The funny thing is that I didn't even know I'd love it so much. I won it in a contest/raffle once and it very quickly grew on me. Too bad I don't like the new version or any of the other new TK lights from Fenix as much since they don't have the same features. It would be nice to get one just a little brighter with more runtime and an updated emitter. Ah well. :) I'm pretty darn happy with it the way it is.

ZAWatchman

Newly Enlightened
It is bad when you didn't actually even realise your addiction - you bought 5 or more expensive flash lights over time, and someone one day innocently asks you to explain your behaviour - much to your embarrassment!