You Just Know Your A Flashaholic When......

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: You Just Know You're A Flashaholic When......

I know that feeling!
Seems a bit rude to delete something that someone's gone to the trouble of sending.
P

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened
Re: You Just Know You're A Flashaholic When......

I may qualify.

I haven't bought a higher end light in 18 years. Between 2000-2002 I spent thousands on various lights. (Thanks to this forum!) The family and friends all got upgraded, as did the local police department. Rechargeable CR123's were only available from a small shop in Hong Kong. Running those on select emitters got 120-130 lumens, which was amazing. Yes, the tint was bluer than blue, and you could toast marshmallows on it after a couple minutes. The amazing thing is most of those Surefire/Aleph/McGizmo mods are still being used. They got lost, not broken. Or permanently borrowed:buddies:

It's actually been a few years since I myself have carried a decent light, other than a 10.00 Maglite solitaire. Just out of curiosity, decided to check out this forum again. It was great to see McGizmo's still around, and the progress in technology and tints.

So there's an 119 AA Haiku headed my way. That in itself doesn't really qualify as flashaholism. But maybe considering a Tana triple while it's still in the mail.........

Hmmm...Chance, you sure you don't do that...seems we may have gotten a sneak peek into your psyche...lol...just sayin'

Well, that's a hell of a thing to post.......

tAtKGZC.jpg

~ Chance :p

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm so sorry. Must admit, the stars really do bring out the quality of my fur. Hold on a sec....

Okay, I've got a bottle of Parker Quink Permanent Green ink and a small paint-brush. Now just hold still....

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you had another surprise delivery from PK to take your mind off the fags?

That's English for cigarettes, by the way, before you freak out.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
......And the Post of the Day Award goes to Peter. The timing was terrible, though. I read your quip about the fags just as I had taken a drink of Coca Cola. Nearly came out of my nose. :lolsign:

ven

Flashaholic
I think your all crazy tbh, its obvious it would work perfect on a hard hat, multi directional light for the team at hand.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I think your all crazy tbh, its obvious it would work perfect on a hard hat, multi directional light for the team at hand.

I'm thinking a harass and chest-rig set-up like a forward-facing baby carrier.