You will love this NASA penlight

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm doing another test this time with eneloop pro. 2450mah. I'll keep you all posted.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
eneloop pro. Ran 5 hours almost full out put. Then at 5 hour mark took the big plunge to 10-15 lumens or so. Continued to be useful for another hour. Basically the same results I got from my Duracell 2500's. Not to bad I think

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
eneloop pro. Ran 5 hours almost full out put. Then at 5 hour mark took the big plunge to 10-15 lumens or so. Continued to be useful for another hour. Basically the same results I got from my Duracell 2500's. Not to bad I think

5 hours at full output seems pretty good to me.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Hey someone's still interested! 😂😂. But ya it's really not to bad performance out of it. It really does a very good job if your working on a project. And not just fitting a round peg in a square hole. That might be the other way around. Got to watch the movie again. Lol

Johnnyh

Enlightened

Thanks for the test! Not bad if you ask me.
I got the one of these when they first came out on the Kickstarter campaign. I stuck it away intending to keep it for posterity or gift to one of the Grandkids someday. You've inspired me to get it out and give it some love. There's IS something to be said for its simplicity. Twist on, twist off...no modes, no surprises. Not much to go wrong. The warm Nichia emitter and the o.p. reflector produce a very nice, floody hotspot with plenty of spill. A pleasure to use! And I like the smell of brass!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes that's exactly how I feel. Was going to keep it tucked away but the hen saw a he beam and well rest was history. I use it around the house quite a bit

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Old thread but was bored and thinking about this light and agree it may be a little to bright for close in work so figured I'd try something I had been curious about.Can you run this light off of a single AA? Well yep you can! And its probably about half as bright. So in a pinch it's nice to know she will work just fine on just one AA. Doing a runtime test. I'll keep you posted.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
5 hours and it's down to 5 lumens. Not bad for a single Duracell AA! Still very usable.

Latest posts