Your favorite / best / coolest / nicest flashlight of 2023?

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
A new favorite for this year is a toque with a built-in rechargeable light, a gift from one of my nieces. She knows me so well, it combines two of my favorite things - keeping my head warm, and things that light up. For the money, it looks like a good item - the LED light looks well made. At least it's not one of those horrible novelty items that ran on LR44 button cells for 10 minutes then needed $5 worth of replacements to light again.

Buff

Enlightened
I hear ya! Have a nice laser for the cats and dogs (not at the same time as the cats would get trampled) and the batteries are more than the light itself? So many things are like that now. Easier to buy a new washing machine than have someone service it? Well almost. When in Florida my Brother In law had an appliance repair business. Just charged me for parts. Would not take any money.
I started hiding money in his van when he was busy fixing our many appliances. Glove box. Tool box. Under some papers on his dashboard. Made my sister laugh when he finally figured it out.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a Wurkkos TS 21. This is a properly nice flashlight. I like everything about it. I don't know if I like it as much as my TS 10, but I like it quite a bit.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pictures are worth a 1500 words?
No beamshots but this is it
camphoto_959030623.jpeg

Buff

Enlightened
Very nice. I was looking on their website. Prices seem a little too good to be true but i like they offer plenty of info and options for the emitters and the reviews seem to be very positive.
I get the impression that some of these flashlight companies are actually in China not just American companies have them made there?
My Manker sounded German but actually founded by 2 Chinese engineers that thought they could make a better light. Learning all the time thanks.
Buff

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely Chinese. I have no issue with that. They're very good lights. Especially for the money. The machining and anodizing on this thing is perfect. Only downside I guess is that it has a fet +1 driver so it's not the most efficient. But it has a huge cell in it. For me the difference between 14 or 17 hours runtime is not that big of a deal. It has the best ui in flashlights. For $25, with the cell. It was a no brainer. Oh it's also a powerbank

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
@vicv does your Wurkos feel good in hand? What i mean is not cheap? I will probably watch a few videos on this brand. Start some research apparently? Story of my life.
Check out LuxWads review on YouTube. Actually, check out some more of his videos as well. Probably the best flashlight content on YouTube. But answer your question feels fantastic in hand. It's tiny for a 21700 light. But throws quite well because it's using a reasonably deep triple optic. It's still no thrower, but it definitely throws better than a quad.

Ocelot808

Enlightened
I will be ordering a few more of these.
Vinh over at Skylumen.com has a special copper heatsink/aluminum Manker collaboration SBT90.2 MC13vn90 limited version available with both the 18350-18650 telescoping and 21700 cell tubes for $130.

Here's the link:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231230_135034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_135034_Chrome.jpg
    684.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20231230_135141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_135141_Chrome.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 40

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Check out LuxWads review on YouTube. Actually, check out some more of his videos as well. Probably the best flashlight content on YouTube.
Loud ringing second endorsement of LuxWads YT review series. He is now doing YT videos for Matt (formerly Adventure Sports Flashlights of Maglite conversion fame) of LumenCraft with the same top-notch professional and educational standards for his reviews. He sets the bar high.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loud ringing second endorsement of LuxWads YT review series. He is now doing YT videos for Matt (formerly Adventure Sports Flashlights of Maglite conversion fame) of LumenCraft with the same top-notch professional and educational standards for his reviews. He sets the bar high.
The first video I saw of his was his 46 minute video about the D4V2. I was blown away by the production quality and attention to detail. And the enthusiasm to make a 46 minute video about one flashlight. I watched just about all of them after that.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah you're like a navy seal going on raids?

P.s I knew what you meant. Thought it was funny. You jumping around playing fisticuffs with a giant flashlight