Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

elt2jvadam

Newly Enlightened
Probably be a toss-up between an Inova X1 and an Inova 24/7. I bought them both when I was in the Navy, probably 2004/5.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Don't think I have a really old one. But the oldest I'm currently using is the solarforce L2i. Others didnt survive long enough.

sarel.wagner

Newly Enlightened
Some of them to hand, the 3D magliet is still ican, the small 2AA had a Nitize tripple conversion:naughty: hehehe
L-R Zebralight floody 4000k, UV and normal single Lithium cell, Streamlight 4AA with multi LEDs, Maglight with tripple conversion, 2cell Lithium emergency light, and 3D Maglight.

jpfulton

Newly Enlightened
I have a Maglite 4D cell flashlight from 2009 with a 750 lumen upgrade (I believe it's TerraLux). I still have it but if there is a more recent upgrade in the 5 - 12k Lumen class, that would be nice to know about.

Bill.H

Enlightened
I think my oldest is my Arc AAA followed by either my Arc LSL or my ElektroLumens Blaster. The AAA and the blaster are still used full time. I put the Arc LS in a drawer only because the 123A cells are so expensive.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest was probably the original LRI Photon microlights. I don't remember if it was called the Photon I or Photon 2000 (millennium)--IIRC, only made in momentary on. I still carry the Photon microlights (Freedom models). I also had several Arc AAA lights, and those Trek lights. I had the Trek 7 and the Trek 19. The Trek 19 was such a "wow" light in its day. LOL.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
Photon Micro II, the one that has a "on-off" switch, which was the big change from "Photon Micro I" squeeze-on only light that made me buy it when it came to the market. That is the oldest light I have and (i think...) still have, in a box somewhere. Back then it was my EDC to everywhere and came in handy countless times.

Ah, those were the days.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
TK40. It was my first "real" flashlight. Therefore, it will never be sold. I use it very littlel but still love it. I used it about a year ago. Then a week ago, we experienced a power failure for 3 hours. I used it and it was doing just fine, without a charge in the last year. I do unscrew the tailcap partially to prevent parasitic drain.

Last edited:

bigfoot

Enlightened
Found the old Petzl Tikka Plus in the gear box, and swapped out the clear filter for a red one. This thing must be pushing 15 years old. Should be good to go for those nighttime dog walks now!

40248750582_179561dddc_b.jpg

Nimitz68

Enlightened
I have original Surefire 3P, 6P, and 9P fashlights buried around here somewhere. So I think we're talking about 20+ years or so. I think I have a flashlight problem.

Oops, I missed the "LED" part of the thread title. Please disregard. Thanks.

Last edited:

biggman15

Newly Enlightened
These are my oldest led lights that still exist.

The first is a modified Mini Maglite. And the second is a blue Photon 3. I don't think they call them that anymore.
I may be in the market for a new one. This one has a crack in it... 😢

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Original Surefire 6P with a P60L module.

I know that the 6P was introduced in 1988 but I can't remember when the P60L became available.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My oldest LED light is an Arc LS First Run with a low dome Luxeon. It still works well, and I use it occasionally. I have resisted the urge to modify it, because I enjoy the nostalgia. It has a decent tint, though there is a slight hint of purple. Some would say that I won the tint lottery with this one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My oldest was made by LED Lenser called a tri-max that is 3 emitters touting a whopping 12 lumens. That means they had been able to achieve the ginormous amount of 4 whole lumens from the LED 'bulbs'. It runs off 3 N cells. Beam is pretty much purple. That one was why I thought for several years later that bulb'd lights were brighter. In 2015-ish I discovered 300 lumen LED lights and quickly became a flashaholic.

After that I acquired another tri-max still in the clamshell plastic packaging as part of a collection. They called it 'turbo series' that states 10x the previous model.

As part of my collection I have a couple of early minimag LED's. One touts a 1 watt system. The other touts 3 watts. The packaging on the 1 watt says it's black while the light is blue.

Also some 1 watt and 3 watt Pentagons and Pelicans fed by 123's.

My favorite classic in my collection is the nip ARC aaa LS. But that LED Lenser was my first ever LED flashlight. Next was an Energizer Hard Case that was 250 lumens. Goodness gracious, when I saw that thing...man that one changed my world. Next was a Coast HP7 that sits on my wife's nightstand still.

Last edited:

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a few lights, some that I miss

Wanted the county comm cmg and Inova x5, but never got one...

My first fancy light was the elektrolumens xm3 (lux iii) and a Fenix l1p - soon spent the money on a surefire l4 and e1l, and I swapped the heads, running the l4 in tactical warehouse's set up with an rcr123 - I remember the tint on mine was quite green

Then the notecore defender infinity came out, and Crees took over

Forgot I picked up a sandwich and put it inside a minimag (bb750 next gen with a lux iii in twoj bin)