Your Top-3 Manufacturers!

tolkaze

Enlightened
Malkoff (for MD2 and M60, as well as his Mag dropins)
4Sevens (for the mini series, and Quark AA)

Don't currently have a third for the above criteria, but would be filled by Nitecore, Eagletac, Fenix or Surefire if I could fix little things about them that I don't like...

Tally-ho

Banned
(cut)
JETBeam
(cut)

JETBeam didn't respond to my email that reported a manufacturing defect on a JetIII-M.

Warranty commitments

1. 14 days free replacement: We will repair or replace a light within 14 days of purchase if it is afflicted with a manufacturing defect. If the problem of the returned light calls for a replacement, we will replace a same model for customers. If the model has been discontinued, customers will receive a product with similar or better performance.

Does it really deserve to be in a top3 ?

TheTest

Newly Enlightened
Based on my (somewhat limited) experiences with various manufacturers i would have to say that my top 3 would be:

Surefire
4Sevens
Inova(!)

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights I own?

SureFire
NovaTac
JETBeam

Last edited:

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
  • UltraFire
  • Maglilte
I know UltraFire is cheap, but you get alot for how much you pay for it.

And throw in a P7 (or three) into a Mag and you got a kickass night stick.

As far as Surefire, JetBeam, 4Sevens etc, there all good, but they can also be really expensive, and I really enjoy modifying Maglite's.

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened
Based on what I already own, Fenix,Maglite and superfire. (I know Superfire is cheap but it is the brand that got me into this little addiction, err, hobby!) Based on what I hope to someday own, Surefire, Jetbeam and more Fenix!

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
JETBeam didn't respond to my email that reported a manufacturing defect on a JetIII-M.

Does it really deserve to be in a top3 ?

To be fair, tally-ho, there is more to the jetbeam warranty:

2. 18 months free repair. We offer free repair within 18 months of purchase if problems developed from normal use. We will provide customers with free parts and repair service.

3. Lifetime limited warranty. After 18 months of free warranty service, JETBeam will provide lifetime limited warranty service. JETBeam will only charge the actual material cost, no additional labor cost.

That looks reasonable to me. Having said that, I do not own any jetbeams, but I have been looking into them, and it seems they have a pretty solid reputation.

I would suggest calling or emailing them again, or getting in touch with the retailer who sold you the jetbeam.