ZebraLight H50 - impressions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
OK, here are some beamshots. Please note that the LOD and Zebra have fresh e2's while the liteflux has a fresh alkaline.
Left LOD 100 rebel (high) - right LF2 (100%) four feet from white wall
LOD100LF2-max.jpg

Next, Zebralight on high, same 4 foot distance
Zebramax-4towall.jpg

LOD Rebel 100 (high) 8' from potted plant, 14' from fence. Camera is 15" above the ground.
LOD100max-8topot14tofence.jpg

LF2 (100%) 8' from potted plant, 14' from fence.
LF2max-8topot14tofence.jpg

Now, the Zebralight 8' from potted plant, 14' from fence.
Zebramax-8topot14tofence.jpg

Am I in love with that flood? :party::party::party::party:

Here's the LF2 with the e2 installed, on max, same 8' to pot, 14' to fence. Much better:
LF2100e28topot14tofence.jpg

Last edited:

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Awesome flood! Thanks for teasing us some with the beam shots of the Zebralight.

As soon as I get mine, I plan on comparison beam shots between the Zebralight and the Rayovac Sportsman's Extreme which is probably the brightest, floodiest headlamp I have. Not to mention the only other 1AA headlamp I own.

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
shakeylegs - you are lucky, I haven't received mine yet. Hopefully it will get here before weekend (school begins again :mecry:).
Thank you for the review and beamshots.

softfeel

Newly Enlightened
I received mine earlier today. Fit and finish is great, much better than most Chinese manufactures. Mine flash once when I turn it on to the high level. Is this normal?

shakeylegs have already posted beamshots so here are some shots of the headlamp itself

Thumbnails, please click on them to enlarge

Images are free for everyone to use as they wish

Grubbster

Enlightened
Wow, thanks for those pictures. Especially the size comparison! It looks smaller than I thought it would (that's a good thing).

supes

Enlightened
Great beamshots, shakeylegs! Which LF2 do you have, Cree or Seoul?

Dangit, this looks like another light I "need." Smaller then a AAA light too?! Amazing.

greenstuffs

Banned
The design is very clever, the best so far in a flood light, the postman has not been good to me today i hope tomorrow shows up.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The design is very clever, the best so far in a flood light,
Yes it is. Low is enough for me to do all household tasks and also for reading, of course. I've put a small wire around the holder to make one hand operation possible. This works nicely.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my H50-Q5 - Very nice package for the price, I can't wait until sundown to give this thing some real testing, but my initial impressions are that it is a great little set up!!! :rock:

Thanks Zebralight! :thumbsup:

CFU

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question for people who already received their Zebralights:
Take a look at the customs paper on the package - is it marked as gift or merchandise? What's the stated value?
(I am just thinking if mine isn't already sitting at the customs office)

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel, it's all in Chinese mate, unless your customs folks read Chinese (Mandarin?) you will be fine...my postman just delivered mine and did not ask for any cash! :)

(He did require a signiture though).

Edit: Oops, did find a dollar value on there...it's loooow, don't worry about it. ;)

CFU

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great :D, maybe mine will arrive today (it's not too late for the postman yet).
Thank you CFU.

M.S

Enlightened
That's great :D, maybe mine will arrive today (it's not too late for the postman yet).
Thank you CFU.

It probably will, mine arrived today to Finland.
I have to pick it up at the post office on the way home, my wife just sent me the code from the package slip that postman left at our house. :):)

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Haven't seen mine yet here in Oklahoma, midwest part of USA. Hoping the postman/woman drops it off today. No moon this morning at 6am, would have been perfect for my morning run. It will be in my backpack for a 6 night backpacking trip along the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon starting Oct 26.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail today and and the first thing I thought was "wow is this thing ever small". It's still daytime here so I've only got limited playtime... I mean limited testing done. I agree with what Gunga said about it being a bit loose in the silicone bracket. It does spin a bit too freely I think, but I have not put it on and jumped around to see if it will spin by itself. Also the wire clip attachement/accessory thing is TIGHT... very tight. Once you manage to put it on... it's not going to come off easily. And like someone else mentioned before, it's most suited for clipping onto something thick. When I put it on my dress shirt pocket, it just sort of hangs there because there's no friction grip. Probably better suited for a thick jacket or something.

The other thing I've noticed is about the threads. The threading is a bit gritty (it does come lubed with some sort of oil) and there's a bit of slop/play, kind of like some of the Fenix lights I have where I can press the end cap to blink it on and off if it's screwed down enough. I'm not really complaining about it since I wasn't expecting Arc/Surefire level precision machining at this price, it's just more of a FYI.

And when shining on a piece of white paper, there's a slight green tint compared to my L1D-CE (unknown tint) that I happen to have at the moment. I just checked the Zebralight summary thread and it looks like it's a Q5-WG tint Cree so the slight green should be expected. The tint is not noticeable when shining against a white wall/paper by itself, it's only when it's side-by-side against another white light that the tint is noticeable.

So far I'm pretty happy with it considering the price. I think it will replace my PT EOS modded with Seoul P4 and 17mm Khatod stippled reflector as my flood headlamp. I think I'll be putting the smooth Khatod back in to revert it back to a throw light.

mx125

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine in the mail today and and the first thing I thought was "wow is this thing ever small". It's still daytime here so I've only got limited playtime... I mean limited testing done. I agree with what Gunga said about it being a bit loose in the silicone bracket. It does spin a bit too freely I think, but I have not put it on and jumped around to see if it will spin by itself. Also the wire clip attachement/accessory thing is TIGHT... very tight. Once you manage to put it on... it's not going to come off easily. And like someone else mentioned before, it's most suited for clipping onto something thick. When I put it on my dress shirt pocket, it just sort of hangs there because there's no friction grip. Probably better suited for a thick jacket or something.

The other thing I've noticed is about the threads. The threading is a bit gritty (it does come lubed with some sort of oil) and there's a bit of slop/play, kind of like some of the Fenix lights I have where I can press the end cap to blink it on and off if it's screwed down enough. I'm not really complaining about it since I wasn't expecting Arc/Surefire level precision machining at this price, it's just more of a FYI.

And when shining on a piece of white paper, there's a slight green tint compared to my L1D-CE (unknown tint) that I happen to have at the moment. I just checked the Zebralight summary thread and it looks like it's a Q5-WG tint Cree so the slight green should be expected. The tint is not noticeable when shining against a white wall/paper by itself, it's only when it's side-by-side against another white light that the tint is noticeable.

So far I'm pretty happy with it considering the price. I think it will replace my PT EOS modded with Seoul P4 and 17mm Khatod stippled reflector as my flood headlamp. I think I'll be putting the smooth Khatod back in to revert it back to a throw light.

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I'll find out in a week or so when mine arrives, but I would be interested to hear back of your light does rotate inadvertantly when wearing eather reading or simpel walking around. If so, I would hope ZL they might create and send out redesigned head barckets.

Status
Not open for further replies.