Zebralight H600/H604/H600F MKIV headlamp

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up on the shipping times... ordered a H600Fd Mk IV myself.

Which battery would you guys recommend for the light?
1) Samsung INR18650-35E, 8A, 3450mAh
2) Samsung INR18650-30Q, 15A, 3000mAh
The 35E should to deliver enough power during normal conditions but what about freezing weather?
Reason I am asking is that my current bike-light (H600Fw Mk II, EagleTac 3400mAh) will not switch to high power once its been running on medium in the cold airflow for a while.

I've never had an issue using lights in freezing weather. Except that run times are lower in my Zebralights since the PID stepdown is delayed. Of your choices, I prefer the 30Q since I can also use it in a hot rod like the Emisar D4. If that isn't a concern, just go with the 35E. Either way, please let us know if you experience the same problem with the Samsungs.

NPL

Enlightened
Zebralight website updated with 5 week lead time for most headlamps. Anybody who pre-ordered get a shipping notification yet?

TCY

Enlightened
Zebralight website updated with 5 week lead time for most headlamps. Anybody who pre-ordered get a shipping notification yet?

ZL got back to me yesterday saying: "We'll start to ship Mk 4 headlamps in a few days. The Mk4 headlamps share the same driver and optical components with the SC64 series, so there is nothing special there. We are just too busy trying to work through the pre-order queue of the mk4 flashlights."

So obvioulsly your shiny new ZL is not going to wait for you under a Christmas tree, but if you pre-ordered yours very early, chances are it's gonna be there soon.:popcorn:

NPL

Enlightened
I wonder what their production runs are in terms of numbers. So stoked to receive mine... The wait is on.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow - First light I've been excited for in a while!!
Hope the tint of the H600FC MKIV is as good as the MKIII easy white.
I'll be ordering one soon if it's close.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Does anyone actually wear or use these lamps? Zebralight makes phenomenal lights (the best in my opinion). At the same time they include the cheapest, most primitive, and most uncomfortable silicone holders in the world! The outside edges dig into your forehead. I cannot find a poorer design. The new Armytek plastic holders csan be worn all day long. After 20 min the Zebralight holder has managed to imprint two deep vertical lines into your forehead. Wear it long enough and you can end up with a headache. They could do a lot better.

niraya

Newly Enlightened
I only wear them with armytek pro v.3 plastic (non-silicone) holder headband - far superior and comfortable headband IMHO

https://www.armytek.com/products/ac...for-armytek-wizard-with-a-plastic-holder.html

Olight H2R magnetic headband is fine as well.

Zebra headband is on pair with skilhunt (useless).

Same story with Manker e02h and e03h headbands - truly excellent headlamps - with Nichia high CRI & user configurable moonlight of 21 levels - and absolutely horrible headband.

:nana:

Last edited:

waumpuscat

Newly Enlightened
I only wear them with armytek pro v.3 plastic (non-silicone) holder headband - far superior and comfortable headband IMHO

https://www.armytek.com/products/ac...for-armytek-wizard-with-a-plastic-holder.html

Olight H2R magnetic headband is fine as well.

Zebra headband is on pair with skilhunt (useless).

Same story with Manker e02h and e03h headbands - truly excellent headlamps - with Nichia high CRI & user configurable moonlight of 21 levels - and absolutely horrible headband.

:nana:

So you are saying we can get this armtek hand band and use it with our zebra light ? I would do that in a heartbeat to keep from being so uncomfortable

likethevegetable

Enlightened
So you are saying we can get this armtek hand band and use it with our zebra light ? I would do that in a heartbeat to keep from being so uncomfortable

I sure hope we can - I already ordered one on Nkon. If it works nicely, I think I'll order another one. It was $6.00CAD all said and done.

Here is a photo that redditor tdh66 shared with me:

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/7l9vcn/does_the_plastic_armytek_wizard_pro_headlamp/

9AlXRzI.jpg

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone actually wear or use these lamps? Zebralight makes phenomenal lights (the best in my opinion). At the same time they include the cheapest, most primitive, and most uncomfortable silicone holders in the world! The outside edges dig into your forehead. I cannot find a poorer design. The new Armytek plastic holders csan be worn all day long. After 20 min the Zebralight holder has managed to imprint two deep vertical lines into your forehead. Wear it long enough and you can end up with a headache. They could do a lot better.
You have the headband too tight man. If you set the top strap tight then loosen the main strap till it is just just barely snug it is quite comfortable and still very secure.

markr6

Flashaholic

I get it. Even not being too tight it will be annoying. It sounds weird, but you need to run the strap through the two rubber "O's" that also hold the lamp. Then insert the lamp. This will:

1. Hold the lamp tighter inside the rubber holder, preventing the lamp from accidentally rotating down (running, jogging)
2. Keep only a flat piece of rubber against you head, that will conform to the shape of your head. Out of the box the way they have it, the two lines are caused by the thicker part on each end/slots and not lying uniform across your head.

Give it a try!

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Its a terrible design. Actually no design at all. It applies pressure on the outside edges only. The Armytek plastic holder is superior. Just go to any camping store and try on even a $20 headlamp. The holders are much more comfortable! Not up to par with the lights.

niraya

Newly Enlightened
I do it all the time, It works with Zebras (as well as with skilhunt h03) and zebra headbands went all to garbage can. :popcorn:

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Its a terrible design. Actually no design at all. It applies pressure on the outside edges only. The Armytek plastic holder is superior. Just go to any camping store and try on even a $20 headlamp. The holders are much more comfortable! Not up to par with the lights.

I agree. But if you like the light itself, do what I described above and it will feel like any other light. Very comfortable. I hate having to tweak an $80 light out of the box, but that's how it is.

niraya

Newly Enlightened
I agree. But if you like the light itself, do what I described above and it will feel like any other light. Very comfortable. I hate having to tweak an $80 light out of the box, but that's how it is.

I tried that and many other ways to make the original Zebra headband comfortable for my 8 hours a day wearing it. Finally the best solution was Zebra headbands in trash can and armytek holder used with all headlamps - perfectly comfortable for everyday full day use. IMHO Zebra makes some perfect headlamps (missing only user configurable moonlight a'la Manker) but they also achieved the goal of making the worst headband possible. Armytek will be perfect headlamp on the day they include very high CRI emitter. Right now I keep using the three in combinations. :candle:

Last edited:

gogdog

Newly Enlightened
Sorry...here is a dumb question.

So the h600 series can take both protected and unprotected 18650s. I do know that the h600 has built in batt protections so you can safely use an unprotected 18650. But....if you did use a protected 18650, does that mean you for sure lose the 1000+Lm level? Or....are there protected 18650s out there that allow high draw? (I'm not well familiar with 18650 batts/lights..just doing my research). And if so...what kind of amp draw would you need?

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry...here is a dumb question.

So the h600 series can take both protected and unprotected 18650s. I do know that the h600 has built in batt protections so you can safely use an unprotected 18650. But....if you did use a protected 18650, does that mean you for sure lose the 1000+Lm level? Or....are there protected 18650s out there that allow high draw? (I'm not well familiar with 18650 batts/lights..just doing my research). And if so...what kind of amp draw would you need?

Fair question, not a dumb one.

I run my H600w and H602 on both protected and unprotected cells, and get teh same 1000+ top level on both of them. These headlamps do not draw such heavy currents that the protection circuits interfere.

(I use Nitecore 3000mah yellow-label cells for the protected ones. I also use AW red-label IMR unprotected cells, which I can also use in my SC600 light that requires unprotected cells for length. The AW IMR's offer 20Amp max draw, which is insane, like you could probably weld with that for a very brief time. But the lights don't draw anything near that.)

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to wait for the run times to be published before I commit to buying one. I'm most interested in the medium mode of 143lm. My current zebra MK iii medium mode is 62lm for 30 hours. If the new medium has the same runtime I'm sold.

They have published run times for the XHP35 Mk IV hand held flashlights. They're showing run time of 13.6 hours for 147lm and 36 hours for 65lm. The XM-L2 times were comparable between the flashlights and headlamps so I think the other times should be similar too.

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody got a Mk IV yet? The site is still showing a 5 week lead time. :-(

My friend lost my H600Fd III High CRI. I really liked that light so want to get the new XHP50.2 Mk IV version. I don't know whether to get the H600Fd again or get the H604d version.

Am I right:
H600Fd - frosted lens so smoother beam. 90 degree beam
H604d - gains 50 lumens as no frosted lens. 120 degree beam

Will the H600Fd illuminate further into the distance while the H604d will cover more to the sides?

Will the H604d have much of a hot spot?