Zebralight PID runtimes at rated lumens?

apples

Newly Enlightened
Can someone explain to me about PID and lumen output runtimes.
Take a zebralight,

H1 1038 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr)

Does this mean that it will put out 1038 for around about 2hrs?
Will the light output diminish at all?

I thought I read that the H1 level will still dim, bit by bit. Is this correct? If that is correct then how can they say it holds 1038lumens for approx 2hrs? Like maybe it only holds 1038 for say 5mins, then drops down after only a short time?

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone explain to me about PID and lumen output runtimes.
Take a zebralight,

H1 1038 Lm (PID, approx 2 hr)

Does this mean that it will put out 1038 for around about 2hrs?
Will the light output diminish at all?

I thought I read that the H1 level will still dim, bit by bit. Is this correct? If that is correct then how can they say it holds 1038lumens for approx 2hrs? Like maybe it only holds 1038 for say 5mins, then drops down after only a short time?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...M-L2-1x18650)-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-VIDEO

that should explain everything you need to know

yeah and don't bother reading manufacturer's specs they're misleading:

1) LUMENS e.g. nitecore SRT7 advertised as 960 lumens but you won't even get anywhere near 960 when you use an 18650. that's really deceptive

2) RUNTIME. ansi FL1 specifies runtime down to 10%. flashlight becomes useless way before this point. so some manufacturers have taken advantage of this e.g. Nitecore P16 has an unneeded 3rd stage stepdown to boost this FL1 number as high as possible. again really deceptive.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best ANSI output/runtime graph ever!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?296992-Maglite-XL50-LED-Flashlight-Review

There's a bunch different factors involved...manuf conservatism/exaggeration, battery type/capacity, undisclosed step-downs, etc, etc. And the ANSI rules are wide enough to drive a truck through. Compare Selfbuilt's reviews for similar lights for a little while and you get a sense which manufacturers are conservative and which are liberal. I started testing my own lights... You can put a decent "lightbox" together with a smartphone and $5.