Zebralight plans MKIII's and SC63 release for this year

waxing twilight

Newly Enlightened
I am pretty sure they do as I brought up the subject of having adjustable PID on their lights and a while later they released PID programming after me and others were talking about it. I doubt that was a coincidence.

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. Didn't they add the instructions on their website as the conversation about adjusting PID was happening? That does seem like it would be a very big, improbable coincidence to not have been monitoring that discussion.

Last edited:

Uxorious

Newly Enlightened
Got my SC600w Mk III HI,I do a simple measurement for a quick reference to all you guys about how it can throw:
Measurement distance about 2m with ambient light at 69lux, the equipment used as follows:
http://www.tenmars.com/webls-en-us/TM-720.html

160305222761287d0b722e2be8.jpg

160305222798c7d104f836c068.jpg

16030522275117d650dc635781.jpg

Reference:
Olight
SR52UT Hi:47000LUX (spec. 1100lumens, 160000cd)
Med:23000LUX (spec. 550lumens, 80000cd)

Zebralight SC600 MK III HI H1:~5000LUX (spec. 1126lumens, take SR52UT as standard so it's about 17000cd)

H2:~2700LUX (spec. 580umens, take SR52UT as standard so it's about 9200cd)

Anyone got a similar number?

If you can read Chinese welcome to join us here:
:)
http://www.wii.tw/~fogerdis/viewthread.php?tid=53470&extra=page=1

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually all models since late 2012 have this feature, flashlights and headlamps.

The older models can be adjusted as well? They did not update the instructions for those models though, only the HI. I also don't have my H600w MkII to test unfortunately.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx for the measurement too. I expected that it won't throw that far as someone has mentioned earlier. But still noticeable.

scout24

Flashaholic
While the ability to adjust the PID may be of use to some, I'd rather leave it alone and retain runtime on my lights. A quick burst on H1 as needed, double click down to H2, thank you. If I want a high mode hotrod, I'll grab another light. I'd much rather have the ability to further adjust the modes than have a few extra lumens for a few more minutes.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The older models can be adjusted as well? They did not update the instructions for those models though, only the HI. I also don't have my H600w MkII to test unfortunately.

Yep, I contacted ZL about it and posted the emails further back in this thread and another one. All models produced since late 2012 have this feature.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the ability to adjust the PID may be of use to some, I'd rather leave it alone and retain runtime on my lights. A quick burst on H1 as needed, double click down to H2, thank you. If I want a high mode hotrod, I'll grab another light. I'd much rather have the ability to further adjust the modes than have a few extra lumens for a few more minutes.

You can turn it down as well though for longer runtimes. Plus, for me its more about heat then runtimes. Its nice to be able to adjust how hot the light gets.

recDNA

Flashaholic
You can turn it down as well though for longer runtimes. Plus, for me its more about heat then runtimes. Its nice to be able to adjust how hot the light gets.
That's what I did. Not so much for run time but because my 62w and 32w both get HOT on H1 for more than a couple of minutes. I prefer them to run cooler and I really don't notice PID kicking in. Didn't notice it before. Don't notice it now. They still get hot too. I can't tell the difference. I would need an infrared thermometer or a light meter to detect PID and I have neither.

I followed the directions carefully. Whatever. They're fine.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, I contacted ZL about it and posted the emails further back in this thread and another one. All models produced since late 2012 have this feature.

Well, that is good. Surprising they did not market this feature much earlier. :)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, that is good. Surprising they did not market this feature much earlier. :)

Which is what makes me wonder if they still read CPF. They used to have a profile on here that they posted with years ago and suddenly stopped, I have no idea why. Perhaps they still read to get our feedback and implement some of the suggestions. A few users had mentioned controlling the PID and ironically it appeared a few weeks later. I don't think they're really marketing it so much as they are putting it out there for us CPF users haha.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which is what makes me wonder if they still read CPF. They used to have a profile on here that they posted with years ago and suddenly stopped, I have no idea why. Perhaps they still read to get our feedback and implement some of the suggestions. A few users had mentioned controlling the PID and ironically it appeared a few weeks later. I don't think they're really marketing it so much as they are putting it out there for us CPF users haha.

I suspect that they do visit cpf from time to time. Probably using a different profile. Just my guess. :p

Equitymind

Newly Enlightened
I received a shipping notice yesterday from ZL for my SC600 Mk III cool white with an expected delivery date on Friday, March 11th to Southern CA. I ordered on February 21st and they did follow up with a phone call a few days later to confirm the order. Can't wait! My first ZL.

sdr

Newly Enlightened
I received a shipping notice yesterday from ZL for my SC600 Mk III cool white with an expected delivery date on Friday, March 11th to Southern CA. I ordered on February 21st and they did follow up with a phone call a few days later to confirm the order. Can't wait! My first ZL.

Say, hey, my SoCal Broster!

Congrats on choosing this fantastic little light cannon as your first ZebraLight! I'm sure that you'll be blown away by how much area you can illuminate with this fantastic lil' light. I have carried an SC600 on my person everyday for more than 4 years. ZebraLight just continues to astound me with each new iteration. This one that you're expecting is the one that I currently carry ~ It's radiantly amazing!

Please let us know what you think once you get your light, okay?

In the meantime here's something for you to chew on...

P1350869_zpsn69xxq9s.jpg

Don't leave home without one!

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

Getting your first ZL might take some getting used to because of the interface. A little complicated at first but becomes easy after a short while. I am waiting for my HI model too. :)

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats on choosing this fantastic little light cannon as your first ZebraLight! I'm sure that you'll be blown away by how much area you can illuminate with this fantastic lil' light. I have carried an SC600 on my person everyday for more than 4 years. ZebraLight just continues to astound me with each new iteration. This one that you're expecting is the one that I currently carry ~ It's radiantly amazing!

Gotta love ZL!

Equitymind

Newly Enlightened

In the meantime here's something for you to chew on...

P1350869_zpsn69xxq9s.jpg

Ok, thats is just awesome. I like the descending order of color (shades of gray) of anodizing. I hope mine gets here as dark as the one you got. ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
Ok, thats is just awesome. I like the descending order of color (shades of gray) of anodizing. I hope mine gets here as dark as the one you got. ;)

Yea I never liked the olive much. Fortunately they've been getting more consistent with the darker grayish color.