Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

[size=5]Are you looking into :thinking: buying the Zebralight [b]SC52[/b]?[/size]

• [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i pre-ordered it! :nana:[/size]

Votes: 74 17.7%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i ordered it. :grin2:[/size]

Votes: 114 27.3%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], i [i]am[/i] going to order it sooner or later. Count me in yet! :santa:[/size]

Votes: 140 33.5%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but i am not too sure about it, neither now nor in future. :shrug:[/size]

Votes: 62 14.8%
  • [size=3][b]Yes[/b], but most likely it's [b]not[/b] gonna happen for some reason. :sigh:[/size]

Votes: 28 6.7%

• Total voters

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, thanks for those pics. I need a Quark AA2 NW now :D

I agree it's a nice tint :) Something to consider though, the SC52 can run just as long and bright as that Quark but with only one AA instead of 2 and in a package less than half the size.

markr6

Flashaholic
I agree it's a nice tint :) Something to consider though, the SC52 can run just as long and bright as that Quark but with only one AA instead of 2 and in a package less than half the size.

Yeah, but I'm now to the point where I'll take a substantial loss in performance for a good tint - I'm addicted!! Maybe not to the extent as in this example though, but you get the idea. ZL makes amazing lights, and even though I've been vocal about momentary on being a "must have", I still think an SC52w will end up in my hands eventually.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you talking about the QAA2-X which happens to share many of the same lumen modes? By my Lumen meter, the SC52 falls significantly short of the Quark, except Med, and is only ~ 1/3rd to 1/2 on the lows. Course, my ZL example could be faulty.... again.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking about the QAA2-X which happens to share many of the same lumen modes? By my Lumen meter, the SC52 falls significantly short of the Quark, except Med, and is only ~ 1/3rd to 1/2 on the lows. Course, my ZL example could be faulty.... again.

Nope I'm referring to the XP-G R4 NW release. I don't own a QAA2X.

LEDburn

Enlightened
I asked ZL when they expect to have sc52w on the market and this is what I got:

Staff (Administrator)
12/29/2012 1:19:30 AM We are expecting (finger crossed) to have some neutral white XM-Ls in early Feb. Hopefully we will have all those 'w' lights (H502w, SC52w, S6330w, and SC600w MkII) out by late Feb.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Staff (Administrator)
12/29/2012 1:19:30 AM We are expecting (finger crossed) to have some neutral white XM-Ls in early Feb. Hopefully we will have all those 'w' lights (H502w, SC52w, S6330w, and SC600w MkII) out by late Feb.

Are we allowed to share such messages? lovecpf
Talking about selfbuilt's sample for the upcoming cpf review, here's another one :santa:

Staff (Administrator)
12/28/2012 10:12:02 PM We will ship SC52 to him next week.

LEDburn

Enlightened
Are we allowed to share such messages? lovecpf
Talking about selfbuilt's sample for the upcoming cpf review, here's another one :santa:

I don't see why not as I don't have inside knowledge. They willingly disclosed that to me when I asked them a question on their website. The only reason I could think why they don't want that disclosed is in the event of them being unable to live up to what they said - a lot of people may misinterpret that as a guaranteed date.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seemed a bit punchier when I tried it. Assuming the 280 is accurate for eneloop I'd say about 350 lumens or so. Just a guess though, don't hold me to it.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
see, it's a matter of taste, I'd say the quark aa nw was the best color. and zl the worst. look at the buttons on the remote, more defined on quark, tinted with zl.. you are welcome to your taste, but I think you'll prefer the warmer hues once you get an 'educated palate.'..the blue cast of cool white lights looks wrong to me..

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Mine is finally in the mail, so I hope I will have it by wednesday. In the same shipment is an Eagletac D25A Clicky Ti in XP-G2 (2013 model) and an XP-G2 upgrade for my EagleTac P20A2.
The only thing I didn't get yet is 14500 batteries (not in stock), so I still have to use lithium AA's and eneloops.

I really hope these two lights will keep me away from McGizmo's subforum for a while, but there's some serious urge towards a Haiku and/or Sundrop XR-U lately...

Eitherway: gonna get my lumens on in 2013! Happy new year in advance all!

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
AW: Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

Yes you are right, i checked that again.
I swear that 14500 were forbidden on the zebralight website last week.
Now there is the statement with 500 lm for 1 minute.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AW: Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

any thoughts on transplanting a neutral XP-G2? you think the reflector will work well with G2?

turkeylord

Enlightened
I asked ZL when they expect to have sc52w on the market and this is what I got:

Staff (Administrator)
Thanks for sharing. :) I'm definitely interested.

nawwk

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered the Zebralight Sc 52, it's gonna be my main EDC light. 280lm on AA Eneloops is just awesome plus it can run in 14500 too at a whopping 500lm!

markr6

Flashaholic
It's coming but don't hold your breath. IMHO likely around end of February beginning of March.

I'm patiently waiting! I love ZL headlamps but I've always held off buying a torch since I usually require a momentary on. But I think this will be my first; the UI is just so darn good!

Hopefully you're right, I can wait til February or March. ZL said the SC52w would be available in late November :shakehead