Zebralight SC600-III (XHP35, 1x18650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I think this light has made all my others obsolete.

I have a minor qualm with the pocket clip when attached near the head, though. It doesn't go down all the way because of the shape of the top of the pocket clip, making it very easy to scratch the anodizing on the head. The clip also doesn't have a lot of tension when compared to my S10R-II.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Has anyone done a beamshot comparison between the SC600 III and the SC600w HI? I'm considering getting the HI (already own the regular), but am just wondering if it will be worth it for my purposes. I looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything.

witness

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where you can get the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A 18650 Li-ion Battery in Canada?

Ps. Don't tell me about Ebay because a lithium ion battery is the LAST thing I'd buy from a questionable source.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZL's own site sells the legit GA. Not sure about shipping regulations when it comes to Li-ion cross the border though. Had the HI months now and somehow the rattle is gone and the light just kicks rear ends. Finally figured out what my issue was above. When the light is clipped into my front right pocket just the motion of me walking can start to unscrew the tail cap. So I always just double check it.

witness

Newly Enlightened
ZL's own site sells the legit GA. Not sure about shipping regulations when it comes to Li-ion cross the border though. Had the HI months now and somehow the rattle is gone and the light just kicks rear ends. Finally figured out what my issue was above. When the light is clipped into my front right pocket just the motion of me walking can start to unscrew the tail cap. So I always just double check it.

I placed and order for the light and battery from Zebralight on Thursday but never got a confirmation. They make a big deal on the website about only shipping the battery to US customers so I'm expecting the order to get flagged and suspended before shipment. I guess I'll have to wait and see but I'm not optimistic.

roger-roger

Enlightened
Has anyone done a beamshot comparison between the SC600 III and the SC600w HI? I'm considering getting the HI (already own the regular), but am just wondering if it will be worth it for my purposes. I looked around for a while, but couldn't find anything.

My short term impressions are the basic SC600 out performs the HI at <35' and depending on how the light is being used, even a bit further. The clean Zebralight "wall of light" really comes into its own at moderate distances. Sure would have liked to keep both, especially since the HI has such a beautifully designed beam pattern, but my useable wouldn't justify having both.

Last edited:

witness

Newly Enlightened
Those idiots at Zebralight went ahead and shipped me the light without the batteries (that I ordered) and didn't even bother to let me know they weren't filling the entire order. They actually expected me to accept shipment of a light that I can't use (because the batteries can't be found anywhere that I know of in Canada). Screw them. I'll stick with reputable companies in the future.

Springer1911

Newly Enlightened
Those idiots at Zebralight went ahead and shipped me the light without the batteries (that I ordered) and didn't even bother to let me know they weren't filling the entire order. They actually expected me to accept shipment of a light that I can't use (because the batteries can't be found anywhere that I know of in Canada). Screw them. I'll stick with reputable companies in the future.

That's very unfortunate, I know you said that you didn't want to get batteries from ebay but I reckon you are way more concerned about it than you should be.

markr6

Flashaholic

Contact them and see what's going on. They either shipped the battery separate for some reason and could be in your mail tomorrow, or they made a mistake. If the latter, you may be getting a free battery. That doesn't let you use your light now, but it will work out.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened

Are you positive that the batteries may not have been removed by customs?

tksingh

Newly Enlightened
Hey Witness, unprotected 18650 are available at all the vape (ecig) shops everywhere in Canada. They are even higher amp versions, 2500-3000 mah, LG HG2(brown wrapper) 20 A, Samsung 30q, or Samsung 25r....they are $12-$15 cdn.

cheers

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Hey Witness, unprotected 18650 are available at all the vape (ecig) shops everywhere in Canada. They are even higher amp versions, 2500-3000 mah, LG HG2(brown wrapper) 20 A, Samsung 30q, or Samsung 25r....they are $12-$15 cdn.

cheers
Is that from tax or are they making a decent profit?

tksingh

Newly Enlightened
Batteries (and many other things!) are quite a bit more than in the US, it's also in CDN currency...

cheers

RTTR

Newly Enlightened
Are you positive that the batteries may not have been removed by customs?

The question is did he even pay for it, Zebralight probably didn't ship it to Canada as it says batteries > "ships to us customers only"

Last edited:

witness

Newly Enlightened
I just got the MK111 and don't see anything anywhere on programming the PID. Where/how is this done?

Oops... never mind. I found the information I was looking for.

Last edited:

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened
It would be the worst thing to do. Space isn't cold. There's nothing there in space, so nothing at minus 455 degrees to cool the torch down: No conductive cooling, no convection currents, it could only cool down through thermal radiation which would be pretty slow. The Zebra would be otherwise thermally insulated in space...
I was going to say the same thing, but I figured I would be hassled for having no sense of humor. I have worked at NASA for about 20 years.

mico

Newly Enlightened
I was going to say the same thing, but I figured I would be hassled for having no sense of humor. I have worked at NASA for about 20 years.
I was actually looking for trouble - but all I got was a NASA employee agreeing with me!!

mico

Newly Enlightened
My short term impressions are the basic SC600 out performs the HI at <35' and depending on how the light is being used, even a bit further. The clean Zebralight "wall of light" really comes into its own at moderate distances. Sure would have liked to keep both, especially since the HI has such a beautifully designed beam pattern, but my useable wouldn't justify having both.
Are you saying you kept the standard and let the HI go?!

I have the standard, I like it a lot. The HI sounds to be better in all the ways which didn't draw me to the (zebra)light in the first place.... (But it's also back in stock!!)