ZebraLight SC600 MkII

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Yes, great photo!

It would be interesting to see what it looks like where you ground off the lanyard attachment point.

Likebright

Enlightened
Yes, great photo!

It would be interesting to see what it looks like where you ground off the lanyard attachment point.
It isn't pretty but it sure is gone. It is covered up when I put the cup on so I can hold the light in my mouth.
I call this mouth mode and the tail cup is mostly always on there when I cary it so I don't chip up my purely whites when holding the thing in my mouth as I do some times.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't pretty but it sure is gone. It is covered up when I put the cup on so I can hold the light in my mouth.
I call this mouth mode and the tail cup is mostly always on there when I cary it so I don't chip up my purely whites when holding the thing in my mouth as I do some times.

Nice photo work in your two pic`s...

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Good work.
I feel very hesitant to do things like this that destroys the finish on a new or new looking light (or whatever thing it is).
But if it's just in the way and it's a user light it's the right thing to do.

I did grind of the crenelations on my E2DL and I didn't feel very well doing it but now I actually bring the light with me sometimes in my pocket, before that it was a shelf queen.
So I figure it was an improvement.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
That thing annoys the hell out of me :( Little gremlins always like to line up the pocket clip with the lanyard attachment and damn if I can ever get it back on my pocket! :(

I did it for a different reason (clip was just too likely to fall off) but my solution might work for you. I super-glued the clip to my light, now it stays on, and stays oriented exactly the same way all the time. I see no reason to ever take it off, so why not just make them one piece?

toysareforboys

Enlightened
I did it for a different reason (clip was just too likely to fall off) but my solution might work for you. I super-glued the clip to my light, now it stays on, and stays oriented exactly the same way all the time. I see no reason to ever take it off, so why not just make them one piece?
Ah ha, nice :) Great thinking. I might try and bend the clip or something to make it grip my pocket tighter, it's fallen out three times, including once into the toilet :( So once I get it gripping better I'll try out your superglue idea :D

-Jamie M.

gteague

Newly Enlightened
i've had no trouble with my sc600 as of yet. but i have a nitecore ec25 and that clip springs off at a bad glance. it might well get the superglue treatment.

/guy

Likebright

Enlightened
I have since found that when I put the clip on it hides where I've filled of the lanyard ring pretty good.
I use the clip about a forth of the time when I carry in my cargo pants.
You have to pinch the clip loop occasionally to get the thing not to slide around the light. But I have never had it come off.
Mike

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
i dremel off everything that bothers me & i do not care about looks. but the sc600 mk 2 lanyard ring is not an issue for me. I like it. the clip could be better but does not bother me either. the foto of the lightbright's dremeled off lanyard ring looks perfectly fine to me. i use Tec P7 clips with lobster claws or split rings & paracord. nice work lightbright!! looks good to me.

Likebright

Enlightened
Thanks stevieo & everybody.
This light fits nicely next to my wallet in my jeans and and tighter fitting pants. I clip it into the pockets on my cargo pants.
Makes a good, powerful EDC!

Mike

Last edited:

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
Any word on ETA for the warm version of the SC600 MkII? I'm definitely on board for that one.

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
Any word on ETA for the warm version of the SC600 MkII? I'm definitely on board for that one.
On July 9th they emailed me:
Department: Sales
Subject: SC600w MKII
We plan to release the SC600w MK II in the next few months.
Sincerely,
Lillian Xu
ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038 However, it was supposed to be release last December, so who knows? Anyone know how to insert a line break? Can't find it even on advanced. "Enter" does nothing.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
On July 9th they emailed me:
Department: Sales
Subject: SC600w MKII
We plan to release the SC600w MK II in the next few months.
Sincerely,
Lillian Xu
ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038 However, it was supposed to be release last December, so who knows? Anyone know how to insert a line break? Can't find it even on advanced. "Enter" does nothing.

On the return ≠ line break, etc, issue, on my Droid and laptop...I can't get it to space either. On the Mac stuff, its normal, spaces with a return, etc.

No clue why.

I used to be able to post from the phone or laptop too, but, lately, I can't unless its all one long run on line of text.

BababooeyHTJ

Newly Enlightened
How difficult is it to replace the lens on this light?

I'll be honest thats the only concern that I have with this light especally since I hear that warranty work is done in China and takes a really long time.

My convoy s3 is super easy to pull apart and change parts if need be.

BababooeyHTJ

Newly Enlightened
I also just received my SC600 MKii. I was looking at the emitter at work today and I noticed that it has a cloudy spot. I own a few budget lights with an XM-L emitter and not a one has a blemish. This light cost almost as much as the rest of my lights combined. I'm not sure how that slipped through quality control. I'm hoping for a decent resolution with zebralight. I even paid a little extra for shipping to get it to arrive faster.:(

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also just received my SC600 MKii. I was looking at the emitter at work today and I noticed that it has a cloudy spot. I own a few budget lights with an XM-L emitter and not a one has a blemish. This light cost almost as much as the rest of my lights combined. I'm not sure how that slipped through quality control. I'm hoping for a decent resolution with zebralight. I even paid a little extra for shipping to get it to arrive faster.:(

I imagine they will replace it if not satisfied...but you may have to pay for shipping it back...and be without one for a while...

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
If you bought it through a US vendor you should be able to exchange it fairly easily. I know one US vendor even inspects and tests them before shipping.

AmperSand

Enlightened

I noticed on mine when in the lowest low setting I can see a few dark spots on the phosphor of the led. No idea if it was like this when I got it as ive only noticed it in the last few weeks, got it in the first round of releases.