ZebraLight SC600 MkII

sdr

Newly Enlightened
I too wish everyone who's waiting for the Mk II the very best of luck with their new lights...once they get them. I know that I love my Mk I and have carried it daily with no issues for about a year and a half. I had ordered the Mk II myself but tired of waiting for it and cancelled last Friday afternoon, ordering in its stead an Armytek Predator -- Which was listed as IN STOCK on their website. Bear in mind that I placed my new order for the Predator only last Friday and it is currently in my hands on Wednesday of the following week, having arrived early this morning via FedEx. I will no doubt re-order the Mk II at some time in the future, once in becomes available! But for now I'm going with the "Bird in the hand," philosophy and enjoying a new torch tonight...not at some unknown time in the distant future.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I must admit, this is the longest I've waited for a new flashlight to come in. But this is a new model offered by Zebralight and obviously is in high demand so I am willing to give ZL some leeway. Looks like my patience will pay off as I will be receiving my new light in the next day or so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

maxrep12

Newly Enlightened
I too wish everyone who's waiting for the Mk II the very best of luck with their new lights...once they get them. I know that I love my Mk I and have carried it daily with no issues for about a year and a half. I had ordered the Mk II myself but tired of waiting for it and cancelled last Friday afternoon, ordering in its stead an Armytek Predator -- Which was listed as IN STOCK on their website. Bear in mind that I placed my new order for the Predator only last Friday and it is currently in my hands on Wednesday of the following week, having arrived early this morning via FedEx. I will no doubt re-order the Mk II at some time in the future, once in becomes available! But for now I'm going with the "Bird in the hand," philosophy and enjoying a new torch tonight...not at some unknown time in the distant future.
I ordered my MKII yesterday from CellGuy, and will have it before Friday. Perhaps you were already aware, but over at the marketplace in the dealers corner, retailers will keep us cpf'ers updated with their stock as well as when they expect to receive stock. Enjoy your Predator. ArmyTek makes some great looking lights, especially the Viking!

keenism

Newly Enlightened
Yes, a tiny amount of light leaks through the rubber/silicon button itself. No worries of water proofness from that. And the amount of light is less than the lowest low of 0.01 lumens. I mean the leakage is super tiny. And it was so small I had to verify my eyes were not playing tricks. I verified it by blocking all light coming from the front and then turning the light on and off.

I see no cause for alarm. I don't see it as a problem. It isn't even bright, you can't even see it from a few feet away. I bet once people forget about it, no one else brings it up. I am amazed he noticed it.

I thought it was light reflecting off of the silver ring around the button, but it was only in those two spots...that's how I noticed, and yes it's very dim. Nothing to worry about apparently.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine just yesterday, although it was delivered a few days ago, I was not around to receive it. But mine is missing the pocket clip - I got two O-rings, the little silver ring, and the manual, and nothing else. No lanyard, and no clip. Not very useful...anyone know the best way to proceed from here? Frankly if I have to ship it I'm not going to bother, I'll just use it around the home and use other lights when I go out. But after waiting almost a month over the stated shipping date, and the missing clip, I am VERY unhappy with Zebralight right now.

The light itself works great, and the threads are super smooth, something that several common manufacturers need to improve - glad to see that ZL is taking the time and effort to make it smooth out of the box.

holylight

Enlightened
There's no lanyard only a clip, 2 orings, light and cards.
mehu9yby.jpg

Email zl about the missing clip. Is a detachable clip so zl can sent to you.

Last edited:

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My clip was not attached and was under the cardboard, I.e. under the spot where the clip is in the above picture. And there is no lanyard, but there is a tiny split ring attached.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Definitely need the clip as I would be carrying it in my pocket. If you can, call them about the discrepancy. Also send them an email message. Don't let up until you get the satisfaction you deserve.

Byggeren

Newly Enlightened
The pocket clip was missing on mine also. I Contacts ZL on the web page, they sent me a one the same day. I'm very pleased with the support!

I don't know if I'll ever use it though :)

AbnInfantry

Newly Enlightened
The Zebralight SC600 MkII I purchased from E2 Field Gear also didn't come with a pocket clip. I contacted E2 Field Gear and they've mailed me a pocket clip.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
:D:D:D
zyqe6uza.jpg

I just got the light about an hour ago. Charging up my Callie's Kustoms batteries for tonight's patrol.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I just ordered one from E2 Field Gear. It seems they actually had them in stock, so we'll see how that goes. I had an order in with Zebralight directly, but sent them an email to cancel it. I guess we'll see how this whole thing pans out. I've really been looking forward to this light.

toysareforboys

Enlightened
I just ordered one from E2 Field Gear. It seems they actually had them in stock, so we'll see how that goes. I had an order in with Zebralight directly, but sent them an email to cancel it. I guess we'll see how this whole thing pans out. I've really been looking forward to this light.
I ordered from Illumination Supply and got my shipping notice today! Can't wait :)

I got my Pana 3400's all charged up and ready! I read somewhere that they didn't fit, too long, so I checked mine:

2013-04-10-Panasonic_size_check_S.jpg

But then realized they were talking about the protected ones ;)

-Jamie M.

Last edited:

flasherByNight

Enlightened
E2 Shipped very fast for me, excellent customer service from the small amount of experience I've had. Would definitely use again.
I ordered the panasonics too (from a suggestion earlier in the thread), they better fit!
Actually though it was the earlier versions of the original SC600 that apparently they didn't fit in (due to thickness).

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Orbtronic 3400 fit and they are Panasonic protected batteries. I think some forget the spring on the positive side... Or as flasher pointed out, could be confusing the mk I.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I ordered march 10th and received mine today.

Every 18650 I have fits and works just fine. They range from the notoriously long protected Fasttech Panasonic 2900s to Eagletac 3400s and the Zebralight and Orbtronic 3100s.

The led looks to be centered by my eye so the beam has no dark spots in the hotspot. I look forward to getting some real lumen ratings out there tho. I believe the 900 turbo, 500 and 270 ratings but I'm not sure about any of the other lower ones. This is mostly comparing to the known ratings of the sc52 since the beams are so similar. It is definitely brighter than my Nitecore ec25 judging by a ceiling bounce which is the only way I can tell for sure about lumen comparisons when beam patterns vary in flood or throw much.

According to my eye and an app on my phone, M1 is the same brightness on the sc52 and sc600.

I get 70uA draw when off at the tailcap and 3.18A draw at startup on turbo. Was measuring these by myself just holding the probes so didn't want to go through all of the different levels.

The button does have a more pronounced click than my sc52 and I do have the ever so slight light coming through two spots on the button but it is hard to see even when looking for it so it is a nonissue.

Threads are smooth as silk.

Just wanted to address all the comments or questions I've seen.
I think that covers the various comments from the thread.
Please overlook any typos. I sent this from my iPad and jumped around a lot as stuff popped into my mind.

Last edited:

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
Oh and the zebralight 18650 batteries are most definitely what I'd consider flat top although I've never had any flat top batteries so I may be misinformed. The wrapper is higher than the positive contact of the battery and that's what flat top is in my eyes.
Pretty sure I saw that question in this thread before but I'm definitely not scrolling through all 31 pages to confirm.

Byggeren

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from Illumination Supply and got my shipping notice today! Can't wait :)

I got my Pana 3400's all charged up and ready! I read somewhere that they didn't fit, too long, so I checked mine:

But then realized they were talking about the protected ones ;)

-Jamie M.

The huge protected Panasonic NCR18650B from Fasttech slipped right into my SC600II. No worries :)

chappel

Newly Enlightened
Ordered mine directly from Zebralight on 4/15; so far haven't even gotten my email confirming shipment, although I expect it shouldn't be much longer (fingers crossed). I've been waiting for a MkII since they first announced the original was being updated (in January, maybe?) so I'm thinking another week or two won't kill me.