ZebraLight SC600 MkII

Nicola

Newly Enlightened
Thanks TEEJ.

Now I tried and 69mm long XTAR 3400 seems to fit with no problems (or damage possibility) in MkII notwithstanding 68mm specs.

I compared MkII brightness to my ET D25LC2 XM-L2 and found them very similar, so I reminded that battery should come from ZL with 50% charge.
MkII battery test confirmed it (2 flashes).

So I'm imagining what brightness I will see this night after I will charge XTAR 3400 to 100% :huh:

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Arrived today. Loaded an old 18650 with 3.7 left on it, and this thing lights up the place-- it's the bees knees, baby! Seriously, this is my first Zebralight, and I love everything about it, fit and finish, UI, big output. Got it within three days of ordering from E2 Field Gear.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I would love to get my hands on one of these Zebralights. Just out of curiosity, which particular model of Callie's Kustoms batteries are you using, and is that a Pila charger? Could you please share your experience with them? I've been using EagleTac 3100mah 18650 batteries for about a year, and have been extremely pleased with them (dependability, output, etc.); but I'm not dead-set on using those exclusively, and am happy to experiment with other makers who use Panasonic-based 18650 batteries - especially since I have more lights that work on my favorite (18650) batteries, and tend to be gravitating towards the purchase of more 18650 lights.

I heard great feedback on the Callie's Kustoms batteries (3100) and the Pila charger on this site that I had to get them. Also I've got some Redilast batteries (3100) which are working out well with my Nitecore Tiny Monster. I also used these cells on Thrunite TN11. I wish the Pila charger had a four bay model which would be a bit more convenient.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Nicola

Newly Enlightened
I'd assume it'd stepdown eventually but probably when the battery was very low :)

And remember it steps down automatically after 5 mins or whatever if it's on high ;)

Correct, it was not a stepdown, I confirm ET D25LC2 XM-L2 turbo brightness is very near to MkII.
In the end, ET specs say 621 lm, Selfbuilt found that ET is often conservative about lm (and the opposite about runtime), so I think D25LC2 could be around 750 lm.

Both very good, I appreciate ET for CR123A and MkII for wider spill, overall form factor, UI and side switch.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My Mk II starts to blink/step when the 18650 gets down to ~ 3.8 v

Nicola

Newly Enlightened

About blinks: is it correct to consider them as follows?

4 blinks = 100%,
3 blinks = 75%,
2 blinks = 50%,
1 blink = 25%

Binomial

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I got my ZebraLight SC600 mk ii yesterday. I have waited a long time. Order date March 6, order shipped April 18, order received May 2. This is my second ZebraLight. I own a ZebraLight SC52 (and a Fenix LD01). I am very pleased with the flashlights that I selected. I have the feeling that I only need a good headlamp to complete my collection.

Best regards

TobyZiegler

Newly Enlightened
I have the feeling that I only need a good headlamp to complete my collection.

I think Zebralight could help with that too :thumbsup:
I would recommend H502... great little light and can act as a backup / EDC as well!

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened

What kind of battery is that? My unprotected panasonic 18650A was at 3.3 today and hadn't exhibited any step down or anything. I just swapped it because it was down to a single blink on the voltage check and didn't wanna head out for the day with it that low.

BWX

Enlightened
I ordered mine on 04/11/2013 from illuminationsupply thinking falsely that they would be getting a shipment in "any day".. So on the 20th I wrote them and asked what was up and they said they would be getting a shipment in next week. I left pre-order open. Then on the 29th they wrote saying they got a shipment but not enough to send me one.. Whatever.. It was a good deal, but I cancelled the pre-order. I'll wait till someone has one in stock.

brag

Newly Enlightened
Mine came from zebra light. I'm very happy, sc52 and 6330 came at the same time, the ui is pretty cool!!!

Thanks ZL

toysareforboys

Enlightened
What kind of battery is that? My unprotected panasonic 18650A was at 3.3 today and hadn't exhibited any step down or anything. I just swapped it because it was down to a single blink on the voltage check and didn't wanna head out for the day with it that low.
I tested tonight and used a partially charged 3400mah unprotected Panasonic battery. At the visual step down mark (I had massive fan cooling and kept making it go to turbo mode every 5 mins) I pulled the battery out (was pretty warm) and was at 3.1v. I did the battery check in the flashlight and it was at a single blink.

Sounds like you might have an iffy battery TEEJ?

-Jamie M.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
About blinks: is it correct to consider them as follows?

4 blinks = 100%,
3 blinks = 75%,
2 blinks = 50%,
1 blink = 25%

I haven't used it enough to confirm the exact numbers, but I do know it isn't that. If it was 100% at 4, then after <2 minutes, it would have to drop to 3 flashes. A better way to put it would be:

4 flashes = >75%
3 flashes = 50-75%
2 flashes = 25-50%
1 flashes = <25%

That isn't just nitpicking...3.9 volts vs. 4.2 volts will give you a LOT less runtime, but it might gave you the same number of flashes...no substitute for the OLED readout of the TM26. More companies need to start using that...

Tulip bush

Enlightened
I haven't read the entire thread, but can somebody let me know if the sc600 II is stepped or constant output, just wondering if it would hold the 500 lm until the battery cuts out.

thanks