ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Newly Enlightened
burntoshine,
Thanks for that. The fit was a lot tighter than I thought but if packing room was an issue it's nice to know that it's possible.
TyJo,
Carrying the spare in another light is a great idea except I'm trying to carry a small light (SC31) and transport a larger one (SC600) in a backpack, computer bag, tool bag. For most of what I do it is too large to pocket carry.
If I know I am going to be using a light I pocket carry both lights and transport batteries. Either way protecting the batteries was the main objective. Have one case for the light and batteries was something I was considering. I do have three unbreakable tubes. I haven't thought of those as an option for the battery carrier.
Thanks for the insight on Li-ions. I knew that but sometimes "have a back-up" over comes good planning. I overbuy the spares and then later realize that I don't use or need as many as I thought. I'll use the light for a few months and if frequently draining the battery between recharges becomes an issue I buy another. Otherwise, recharge after use.

Harry999

Enlightened
I've recently made the move to 18650 lights and bought a couple dummies just in case. The SC600 works fine with dummies, will light up the HIGH levels, but I wouldn't recommend it for even short times as the current draw is so high. Nice to have backup options.

Thanks for that answer. It would be useful in an emergency to be able to use one CR123A. Glad mine is coming on Saturday.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I've recently made the move to 18650 lights and bought a couple dummies just in case. The SC600 works fine with dummies, will light up the HIGH levels, but I wouldn't recommend it for even short times as the current draw is so high. Nice to have backup options.

Were you using a CR123 with a dummy, or an RCR123?

Bill

Last edited:

skimklaw

Newly Enlightened
Ordered an SC600w direct from ZL over the weekend, shipped today.

Also picked up some AW 2900 and the Pila IBC chargers for my first adventure into LiIon flashlights, just too many good things said about this to not take the plunge.

Just in case any were thinking of ordering wanted to let people know that it seems they are probably no longer backordered.

Skim

Status
Not open for further replies.