Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
While being compatible with all battery type would be nice I doubt they would do it. The 1500lm SC600Fd III plus draws 8A already on turbo and this one does almost 2500 lm. I suspect even the much beloved 18650GA wouldn't be able to handle that current draw.
Yup. Time to stock up on Sony VTC5 and Samsung 30Q. Like the much brighter Emisar D4, these new Zebras will need high-drain cells to really shine.

Ruso

Newly Enlightened
What are the differences in UI compared to previous gen?

benhar

Newly Enlightened
What are the differences in UI compared to previous gen?
In short, you can set it to go to something other than High at 1-click.

The old functionality is there, but you have the option to go to more customized modes. This is taken from the SC53c AA, which I'm told is the new UI:

Basic Operation
  • One short-click turns on the light to High or turns off the light.
  • Two short-click turns on the light to Medium.
  • Three short-click turns on the light to the beacon-strobe mode.
  • Press and hold (for over 0.6 seconds) turns on the light to Low and then Medium and High. Release at the desired level.
Advanced Operation and Configuration

• Press and hold to cycle from Low, Medium and High, release at the desired level to set. When press and hold, the light always cycle from Low to High regardless which level you are currently in.
  • Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
  • The second sub-level (H2, M2 and L2) of each main levels can be further programmed to different brightness levels. At a main level, double-click 6 times to start configuration. On subsequent double-clicks the light will cycle through different brightness levels. Short click to turn off the light when finishing configurations. The selections for the second sub-levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
  • This light uses the main LED (flashing 1 to 4 times) to indicate the estimated remaining capacity of the battery. To start the battery indicator, (from Off) short-click 4 times without pause.
  • Beacon-strobe mode can be accessed from 3 short-clicks when the light is Off. Once in the beacon-strobe mode, you can double-click to cycle through different types of beacons and strobes. Beacon-strobe settings are memorized when the light is turned off and through battery changes.
Multiple Mode Groups

• This light comes with three mode groups, G5, G6 and G7. The G5, set as the factory default, can be selected with 5-click from OFF, while G6 and G7 can be selected with 6-click and 7-click from OFF respectively. Mode group selections are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.
  • In all three mode groups
    • H can be either H1 or H2; M can be either M1 or M2; L can be either L1 or L2
    • from OFF: 1-click to H; 2-click to M; press and hold to cycle from L, M to H
  • In G5
    • H1 is fixed at 285Lm, H2 can be 238, 171, or 106Lm
    • M1 is fixed at 56Lm, M2 can be 26, 10.3, or 3.5Lm
    • L1 is fixed at 1.0Lm, L2 can be 0.26, 0.06 or 0.01Lm
  • In G6 and G7
    • H1, H2, M1, M2, L1 and L2 can be programmed to any of the 12 available brightness levels
    • Double-click 6 times at the H1, H2, ... L2 to enter the programming mode for that level. Once in the programming mode, use double-click to go up one level and triple-click to go down one level. Use 1-click to exit the programming mode
  • Three consecutive 5-click (or 6-click, 7-click) to reset the G5 (or G6, G7) back to the factory default settings

markr6

Flashaholic
No pictures yet, right? With the increase in max light intensity, anyone else half expecting a change to a slightly larger form factor for greater heat sink ability?

I'm betting it will be the same format...just a really quick step-down. Either way I'm not looking for it to be practical, just a "look what I can do" mode. But with the UI, it won't really matter since the other high modes will be more useful and easily accessed. Looking forward to this!

moozooh

Enlightened
I made some back-of-the-envelope calculations with the help of Cree's PCT, and it turned out the SC600F III Plus didn't normally drive the LED to its maximum specified current, which is 3A, but rather stopped at around 2.2A, which suggests the 1800 lm figure quoted by ZL was achieved at ~13.2W LED input (merely 3W above the 2nd gen SC600). This one, however, seems to be driven at the full range of the specified input current, thus pulling some ~17.7W (not counting electric losses), which is roughly a third higher than the previous gen. This doesn't mean the light itself will become hotter—its thermal envelope is believed to be the same—but rather that it will become hotter sooner. But, at the same time, it will produce more light at the same temperature, as well as having a higher maximum. So it's still a win, but there's no sense upgrading from the III Plus otherwise... unless you really want that programmable UI, I guess.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
tPhMCNp.jpg

Mattz68

Newly Enlightened
Lol Mark6 on not buying anymore flashlights...my heard has been "thinned" down to 3 (1 flashlight and 2 headlamps) -but here I am! Anyway, since there's a picture of a 64C, I'll pass on some info I acquired yesterday: Z.L. informed me that the tint would be "very similar" to SC5C. That could be good to some and bad news to others that didn't care for the 5c's tint/color rendering...

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn! Went to their site and not there. That is just wrong to do! Never saw me type so fast! :D

markr6

Flashaholic
THREE more new models on the product sheet!

SC600 IV

SC600w IV

SC600w IV HI - TAKE MY MONEY!!

ps. make that FIVE (SC64 and SC64w)

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XHP50.2 model will output 2400 lumens while the XHP35HI model will output 1400 lumens - which means a 1000 lumen difference? This difference seems a bit large , I expected maybe a 500 lumen difference.

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
I have the SC600w Mklll Hi now and am thinking about the new SC600w MK IV Plus with the XHP50.2 Emitter. My question is with the XHP50.2 emmiter what do you think the run times max on high could be! I assume this emitter is more efficient than the XHP35 but we are still using the same 18650 3500 mah 10 watt batteries so what is your guess that the max run time could be with this emitter pumping out 2300 lumens on HI 1. I am ready to pull the trigger but just want some opinions from those in the know about possible run times before I pre order.