Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks Derek, good comparison:thumbsup:

I'll pass on this one, I have the D4vn and it feels redundant to own two lights with similar purposes. I did pre-order the H600Fc MKIV so am looking forward to it.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Derek, the PID is witchcraft! I have the sc63w which is over 1000lm less and i can not see the step downs. Its like magic................I can only tell after its done its step downs(presume lots of mini ramps down as i dont see an actual step down.............this is deliberately looking for it against a wall, or outside against a bush). So after a minute or two(never timed) i just can see the beam is not as bright as it was!. So i would not be surprised that its started stepping down as soon as it feels quite warm in the hand.

Congrats, this may be my next ZL.

May it be that a step down is gradual and you cannot visually detect it?

Flashlight Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Just a few more photos for those of you who are awaiting your lights, or trying to decide if this is the light for you : )

Next up, a couple of beamshot comparison images (remember, all these lights have magenta filters of varying degrees to correct the inherent green tint):

L to R: 1. SC600 with Triple Nichia -- 2. SC600w -- 3. SC600w Plus IV -- 4. SC62w -- 5. SC52w All Lights ON TURBO

SC600 with Triple Nichia???? Where did you get that?

markr6

Flashaholic
The guy that mods stuff from Canada I believe...can't remember who

ingokl

Newly Enlightened
Great shots; I've always said that you can't see a difference in lumens until it reaches 10%, but 0.1 to 0.2 lumens is a 100% difference, can't really miss it..

The SC52w has a minimum output of 0.01 lumen. That's 2000% of the SC600w IV Plus minimum output.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
May it be that a step down is gradual and you cannot visually detect it?

Not sure, i can only see the reduction after its happened or towards the end when i start to see it look a little dimmer compared to the full output. I have tested it out several times, i can see no steps so presume many tiny steps that are pretty much next to impossible to detect by eye individually. So instead of maybe an obvious jump/step down, then maybe another one. It does many tiny steps, each that small it takes many of them to notice the end of them, which of course is the lower output(i do see). Hard to explain..............

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
Well mine is a keeper for sure now. I just dropped it on a gravel driveway and it got it's first ding. Very minor behind the bezel, hard to see. But that's ok I was planning on keeping it anyway. I like everything about it. I will still keep the SC600w MK lll Hi too but my EDC now will be the SC600w IV Plus.

tompen41

Newly Enlightened

I would have kept this light anyway, I like everything about it. This is my 7th ZL and have no fault with any of them. I have the SC600w MK lll Hi also and comparing them side by side outside in total darkness I like them both. The Hi is a narrower beam but I also like the wide flood of the Plus. In throw at 100 yards they are about the same because of the higher lumen output of the Plus and If I were searching the Hi would be my choice but for overall use and indoors I like the Plus much better. Tint looks very much the same even though they are different emitters.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC600 with Triple Nichia???? Where did you get that?
Here is the thread that talks about my journey to ZL nirvana:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...dded-with-Triple-Nichia-219-and-Carlco-Optics

I believe it's post #35 where you first see "My Precious" : )

The triple Nichia modded ZL is not as bright as my new SC600w Plus IV (probably around 900 lumens), but it's got a much larger hot spot, which I really enjoy.

All-in-all, I'm fortunate to have such a fine herd of ZL lights, each with it's own use. I will say though, I'm really diggin this new Plus IV, it's one sweet light. I got to take it for a walk tonight, and it's quite bodacious..... I feel like a Jedi Knight when I flip it on : )

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
Here is the thread that talks about my journey to ZL nirvana:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...dded-with-Triple-Nichia-219-and-Carlco-Optics

I believe it's post #35 where you first see "My Precious" : )

The triple Nichia modded ZL is not as bright as my new SC600w Plus IV (probably around 900 lumens), but it's got a much larger hot spot, which I really enjoy.

All-in-all, I'm fortunate to have such a fine herd of ZL lights, each with it's own use. I will say though, I'm really diggin this new Plus IV, it's one sweet light. I got to take it for a walk tonight, and it's quite bodacious..... I feel like a Jedi Knight when I flip it on : )

I was carrying mine last night at work when I spotted a strange pickup truck parked. When I approached the driver stepped out and I hit him with the light from about 25 feet. He was blinded immediately and commented what a bright light! He was legit but very impressed by my SC600w lV Plus!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Diameter is more important for pocket carry comfort than length. Still too "fat" for me to comfortably carry. Maybe sc64 will offer something I can use.

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
Diameter is more important for pocket carry comfort than length. Still too "fat" for me to comfortably carry. Maybe sc64 will offer something I can use.

If you carry the SC600 like I do in a belt holster clipped to a belt clip you don't even realize you are carrying it.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
That's what I did....but did you notice it says BACK-ORDER now?

I pre-ordered mine on Nov 17th and was told yesterday that it won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I'm dying to get my hands on it.